Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Pictures! FINALLY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pictures! FINALLY!!!!

I have FINALLY gotten back my digital camera from the repair shop (my fault really but long story there) and had a chance last Saturday to wash, claybar, and wax my Tacoma down for the first time in 4 months!

After 1 1/2 years of being on this board and seeing pictures of everyone else's truck I finally get to put up good quality ones of mine!!!

**Crap**
okay the photos are too large to post here so here's the link:

http://www.bignutsracing.com/photopo.../500/ppuser/11

I think you have to be registered in order to see more than the thumbnail.
I'll try to resize and post again.

I'm just too excited and need to share
Old 10-08-2004, 02:28 AM
Contributing Member

Okay okay, here we go!

if you look in the background you'll see my runner
Old 10-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Contributing Member

Very well done! Looks great!!! I'm envious because we moved to a house without a garage or a good place to wash, and have a mile drive on a gravel road.

Keep the pictures coming.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:05 AM

I like that rear bumer guard who makes it?
Old 10-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Contributing Member

4runnerfever:
Yeah, I wish I owned a garage too
This is my roommate's house and he's got some pretty strict regulations re: the garage

lebeau:
The rear guard is WAAG but I added the NAPA trailer lights myself. I'm pretty pleased with the way they turned out

Thanks guys!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:20 AM

How flush are the back up lights mounted> I can't tell if they stick out past the additional bumper. Looks good!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:24 AM

Beautiful .... has to make you proud!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:26 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice truck
Old 10-08-2004, 03:55 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks everyone

Colemanfu:
The lights stick out ever so slightly.
If I were to get rear-ended the lights would definitely be history.
I did a lot of thinking about whether or not I wanted to put them there because of the amount they stick out and then finally determined that the positioning of the lights were worth the risk.
Good thing they're only about $10 a piece and easier to replace than an entire bumper
Old 10-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
...wash, claybar, and wax my Tacoma down for the first time in 4 months!
What products did you use?

After 1 1/2 years of being on this board and seeing pictures of everyone else's truck I finally get to put up good quality ones of mine!!!
I thought you drove a Yugo! and just had that 4Runner so you could claim you owned a Toyota. Why is is "dead" now?

Old 10-08-2004, 04:28 AM
Contributing Member

Brian:
Griot's car wash and best of show wax with Mother's claybar. Unfortunately, I dropped the bar when I finished :pat: but it's okay cause this was the 3rd time on my truck and I have the Griot's stuff sitting in the garage.

Yugo?!?!?
Psh! The runner had a leak in the rear diff and when I went to fix it a bolt snapped - I barely torqued it too... anyhow, I don't have the tools to take off the 3rd and replace it myself so I'm waiting until I have the time to call up Protrux and ask them to fix it for me.
Once that's done though, the headers go on

Last edited by Tacoma Dude; 10-08-2004 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:39 AM
Banned

Talking

Brian:
Griot's car wash and best of show wax with Mother's claybar. Unfortunately, I dropped the bar when I finished :pat: but it's okay cause this was the 3rd time on my truck and I have the Griot's stuff sitting in the garage.

Yugo?!?!?
Psh! The runner had a leak in the rear diff and when I went to fix it a bolt snapped - I barely torqued it too... anyhow, I don't have the tools to take off the 3rd and replace it myself so I'm waiting until I have the time to call up Protrux and ask them to fix it for me.
Once that's done though, the headers go on
At least you got HALF of the right stuff to use on your car! And you have the RIGHT stuff in the garage!

You need to get that 1st gen back on the road and onto the trails!

Double-cab does look good though. I had an ext cab Taco that was that same color and put 98K miles on it in a year and a half...

Old 10-08-2004, 04:49 AM

Truck looks sweet man. Is the brush guard a WAAG too? I'm in the market for one, and that one looks sweet on your prerunner so it would look sweet on mine. I'm gonna wash my truck today and put up some pics Also what kind and how much of a lift do you have on yours? And what size are those tires? Sorry for all the questions, but your Prerunner looks awesome, and I'm trying to beef mine up a little.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

Hey Noah,

I actually just updated my post in the "Check out my truck section" with pictures and a list of mods:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f83/peters-profile-18613/

The front grill is indeed WAAG and of all those available I favor it the most because of the upper bar that is bent to show off the grill. It gives it that more custom touch.
I don't know if you noticed but I removed the mini bars that are supposed to go over the headlights. I did this for 2 reasons: 1. I like the look and 2. taking this thing on and off is a hassle to do (and I did it 4 times!) so I removed them that way if I burn out a parking light I won't have to take the entire thing off.
If you are really looking into the grill guard I'd suggest looking for a used one or maybe reconsidering to an aftermarket bumper. You'll be spending a lot of money and you may want to save it a little longer and get something that will actually protect you in an accident.

The lift is a 3" Cornfed (link in the aforementioned mod list). We don't have the front CVs to worry about so I went with the full 3"
If you look at Cornfed's site you'll see that they sell entire kits. Luckily I picked up mine from a member here and got a great deal (Thanks Gumbo!).
I didn't have the shocks for the front so I picked up some OMEs from Mike at Xtremeoff-road.com. The front is softer than stock but the rear with the AALs and Procomps are a bit stiffer.

I'll see if I can take some pictures of that stuff later today

My tires are 265/75/R16 muds and were rubbing crazy awful after my suspension settled. After the lift they actually look small
Old 10-08-2004, 05:06 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Double-cab does look good though. I had an ext cab Taco that was that same color and put 98K miles on it in a year and a half...
I have to say that I really dig this Imperial Jade color. When it's clean and waxed it's SOOOOOOOOO cool

... and 98K?!?!?
I thought my 67K in 3 years was bad!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:10 AM
Banned

Talking

... and 98K?!?!?
I thought my 67K in 3 years was bad!
Living in Tuscaloosa, AL and Atlanta, GA going back and forth between work and school for 3 years.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:28 AM
lee
Contributing Member

nice truck man. inspires me!

this weekend will be a big detailing weekend for me. my dad hasnt paid attention to his 99 rx300 in quite some time, so ill be waxing & polishing his lex, and doing the same to my runner right afterwards.

ill take some pics of my work.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 AM
Contributing Member

Peter,
You have for yourself one nice truck! Looks really clean (literally and figuratively).

BTW, I bought my truck 1 year and 5 months ago. It had 50K on it and now is at 83K. I would say that 33k in less than 1.5 years is really getting use out of it. Glad I didn't lease...
Old 10-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

Dang Peter! That's one helluva nice looking Prerunner! Mine looks gimpy compared to that

(don't actually know what "gimpy" means...just popped into my head for some reason....you get the idea)
Old 10-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

Peter....

ABOUT TIME YOU GOT A REAL CAMERA!!!!!!! (bye bye PDA cam )

Dude! Truck looks great!! I might wax my truck this weekend too! (hmm maybe I'll clay it as well...)

Quick Reply: Pictures! FINALLY!!!!