Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

*PICS* I'm Clear!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool *PICS* I'm Clear!

Well today I went to pick up my clear lenses from the performance shop and I am finally cleared out I hope you enjoy the pics!

Old 05-26-2003, 01:35 PM

Usually im not too fond of clear tails but they look pretty good since your whole truck is silver. lol. Looks good though!
Old 05-26-2003, 01:36 PM

i like the look of the clear fronts. but i dont like the way the clear tail lights look, but thats just me
Old 05-26-2003, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by runnerboy97
i like the look of the clear fronts. but i dont like the way the clear tail lights look, but thats just me

ditto about the clear tails. and try the PIAA LED sidemarker wedge bulbs, they they are clear when not turned on but florescent white when it is, looks like you have the superwhites those will look great.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Vato,

Maybe its my lcd laptop screen but whats up w/ the rear tail lights in the last pic? whats those white bars on the bottom of those tail lights?

Bob
Old 05-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Contributing Member

oye Vato! looks like you're not out of the woods yet. you still have the third brake light to go.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Paintballguy59
Usually im not too fond of clear tails but they look pretty good since your whole truck is silver. lol. Looks good though!
yep, what he said. it'd even look good on black i reckon, just not my thing. nice work.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by keisur
oye Vato! looks like you're not out of the woods yet. you still have the third brake light to go.

I know I know I have no idea what to do about the third brake light. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Vato Loco
I know I know I have no idea what to do about the third brake light. Any help will be appreciated.
a quick search turned this up, you might find one here:

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront
Old 05-26-2003, 04:10 PM

you might want to paint it with the silver paint from home depot, something similar to what JasonB did with his wedge bulb to get the clear look for the third brake lights
Old 05-26-2003, 04:14 PM

Nightime Shot

I'll have more tonight. The corners are "HID" LED type bulbs, man are they blue

Old 05-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

I'm not so sure about the clear tails on most colors either, but on white, they look great. Ever since I saw Mike's white runner Ive wanted them, and ever since the stupid "altezza" lights came out, nobody is making the white ones... grr... If anyone has them, let me know! I'll take them off your hands!!
Old 05-26-2003, 07:29 PM

Got 'em in

Woot! You finally got 'em all in. Hey if you want some bulbs for the corners that really match up to the headlights (not blue, more white) I think I have few extra pairs. They have the blue filter tint on them but shine bright white like the headlights. I thought the blue corners idea was neat too, but then I found out they were illegal. I ended up putting blue LED's in the corner lights and hooked them up to a switch, so when the car is off I turn them on. I'll have to get a pic of that sometime, looks really good IMHO. When I turn the headlights on, the corner lenses are white though, just like the headlights.

Zach
Old 05-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Got 'em in

Originally posted by White SR5
Woot! You finally got 'em all in. Hey if you want some bulbs for the corners that really match up to the headlights (not blue, more white) I think I have few extra pairs. They have the blue filter tint on them but shine bright white like the headlights. I thought the blue corners idea was neat too, but then I found out they were illegal. I ended up putting blue LED's in the corner lights and hooked them up to a switch, so when the car is off I turn them on. I'll have to get a pic of that sometime, looks really good IMHO. When I turn the headlights on, the corner lenses are white though, just like the headlights.

Zach
hey, i'd be happy to take those corner lights off your hands...i have clearn corners, but the bulbs in there are practically yellow compared to my silverstar headlights
Old 05-26-2003, 08:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Got 'em in

Originally posted by White SR5

Zach
Ill take that other pair that calrockx didnt grab. nelson390@hotmail.com My corners (FROM JASON B!) actually ARE yellow were as my headlights are 4100K, the exact color of the BMWs and sunlight or so they say....lol Paypal is ready and waiting....
Old 05-26-2003, 08:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
vato - welcome to the clear club! Im clear on the bumpers and corners with H4 conversions on the headlights. Waiting for black altezzas for my black 2nd gen.

Yours looks TIGHT!!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:58 PM

Well...

Well Bumpin' Yota... I did offer Vato Loco the first pair, and CalRockx wanted the second pair, but e-mail this guy and ask him if he has any more: silverimage3@hotmail.com. Tell him I requested that you ask him about more. Here was the auction on eBay I won: EBAY AUCTION. They look green in the pic but they're what you want -- trust me. I bought them for $1 + shipping. If Vato Loco doesn't want 'em though they're yours. Not trying to be opressive to you, just don't want to draw back on an offer I already made.

Zach
Old 05-26-2003, 10:22 PM

Welcome to the clear lense club, looks good!! I like the clear corner and bumper look but not really into the clear tails. I'm waiting for altezza's for my 2nd generation.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:10 AM

I went all clear years ago, except I painted half my tails red. I always thought the Runner needed more than 2 park lights. I add Piaa super whites to the turn sigs housing. The stock clear bulb works/looks good as the turn signal with the Piaa's. I also have those super bright Ion foggies where the stock fog/driving lights go..if I wanna light it up.
Let there be LIGHT!
Old 05-27-2003, 03:58 AM

White SR5 you got a PM

Quick Reply: *PICS* I'm Clear!