Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Panhard Lift Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panhard Lift Bracket

I had made a post about this in the past and because of new interest and the more that I look at what the big companies are selling these for, it has made me upset.

I am making panhard lift brackets. I have 2 different style that I can make. One of my own design and one that will be similar to the one that All-Pro sells. All-Pro sells these for $149 plus shipping for 5.5" lift bracket. My brackets will all be custom made to your lift. All I need to know is which style that you want and how much actual lift you have on your 4Runner in the rear. The brackets will cost $40 plus shipping for up to 3" lift and $50 plus shipping for 3.5"-6". I will not make a bracket over 6".

My bracket design can be seen here:

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...ase.yahoo.com/

The All-pro Bracket can be seen here:

http://www.allprooffroad.com/images/..._bracket_l.jpg

I can make either design custom for your lift. Brackets will be made in .5" incriments.

2"-3" lift brackets: $40 plus shipping

3.5"-6" lift brackets: $50 plus shipping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also considering making rear control arms like the one that All-Pro offers. Both upper and lower arms will use the same "Johnny Joints" that the lower All-Pro arms use.

http://www.allprooffroad.com/images/...armlinkb_l.jpg

I'm considering if I sell them with single and double "Johnny Joint" ends. I can make them adjustable or not.

Here is what I was thinking about on pricing if there was interest:

single end, non-adjustable: $160 lower/ $150 upper

single end, adjustable: $180 lower/ $170 upper

double end, non-adjustable: $175 lower/ $165 upper

double end, adjustable: $200 lower/ $190 upper

Single ends would be offered for those worried about getting the joints messed up by dirt, etc. The "Johnny Joint would be mounted on the frame end to keep it higher up away from the dirt, mud, rocks, sand, etc.

More or less just looking for interest on these control arms. If I did make these there would be a bit of a delay until I was up and running on them so that parts could be ordered. Maybe I'll use the money from the brackets above to make a prototype set for some feedback.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributing Member

So would a 5.5" panhard bracket be enough for the land cruiser OME860's? Someone on here has the allpro lift bracket and a downey drop bracket with the OME860's.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:11 PM

I wish that I could help you on the height, but I have no idea. But let me know when you get it figured out and I'll get to work on your bracket.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

It was anthony1. Here is his setup. http://home.earthlink.net/~audiorat1...p/rearsusp.jpg
I'll talk to him and see what he thinks is the best height bracket.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:36 AM

Bump or is bounce? :bounce2:
Old 10-14-2004, 10:02 AM

I'm interested.. do either of your panhard lift brackets need to be welded on?
Old 10-14-2004, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yotafool
It was anthony1. Here is his setup. http://home.earthlink.net/~audiorat1...p/rearsusp.jpg
I'll talk to him and see what he thinks is the best height bracket.
I've since took off the Downey drop bracket. After the springs settled, it moved my axle too much to the driver side.
I'm only running the Ap 5 in. raise bracket now.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by anthony1
I've since took off the Downey drop bracket. After the springs settled, it moved my axle too much to the driver side.
I'm only running the Ap 5 in. raise bracket now.
so the AP 5.5in bracket fits just right once the springs settled? good to know... how long did it take the springs to settle? also how much do you think your rear bumper weighs?

thanks man
Old 10-14-2004, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mikronized
I'm interested.. do either of your panhard lift brackets need to be welded on?
Ok, the enclosed type bracket has a lip on it that keep lateral movement to a minimum. It will wiggle a little, but doesn't move mush at all. I'd recommend welding it just to make it absolutely solid. Would only take a small bead on each side.

The All-Pro design I haven't made, but it's almost impossible to be precise enough to have absolutely no movement at all. If All-Pro promised that, I wouldn't believe it.

So, yes, you could get away without welding them on, but expect a small amount of wiggle in them. Not that you would notice this on the trail or in daily driving, but I want to 100% up front about what I'm offering to sell.

However, you do always have the All-Pro option if you want to go that route. It'll cost more, but if you feel like their product is better, more power to you. I will sau that I can make their bracket just as good, if not better.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

Reworking the 3vz,beating all-pro's prices with better products, what will he think of next?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mikronized
so the AP 5.5in bracket fits just right once the springs settled? good to know... how long did it take the springs to settle? also how much do you think your rear bumper weighs?

thanks man
my rear bumper and tires probably weight around 250-300 lbs easy.
the coil doesn't take long to settle. maybe cause I took it off road not long after that....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Praufet
Reworking the 3vz,beating all-pro's prices with better products, what will he think of next?
I'm not affiliate with AllPro or anything but part of cost of all parts that AP or any other small shops make goes to the insurance co. Incase someone sue them cause their part cause the vehicle to malfunction.
As long as people read the fine print that I hope the seller send along with the part that will put the responsibility solely on the purchaser.

In the long run, the people that under cut these small business is really hurting them. I know one or two is no big deal but.....
I hope I don't sound like my underwear's too tight......

Last edited by anthony1; 10-14-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:14 PM

Good luck on this.

Wall thickness on arms? Length? Are the JJ's rebuildable?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:24 PM

my rear bumper and tires probably weight around 250-300 lbs easy.
the coil doesn't take long to settle. maybe cause I took it off road not long after that....
edit: nevermind the red circle.

ok.. check it out everybody.. this is the rear of my rig.. sagging SuperLift 4" coils with 1.25" coil spacers on top..I'm guessin like 4.25-4.5" lift in the back.. my drop bracket is exactly 4" bolt center to bolt center... now you say that your 5.5 lift bracket makes the bar totally level.. now I don't even have my ome860's on yet and it still looks like I'd need to move the bar up like 3" to get it level. so with the extra 1.5-2" of lift the ome860's give I'd need like a 5" plus my 4" drop?!?! something's not right.

what do you guys think?

also anthony, how thick are your 860's? cause my superlift coils are alot thinner then ome's and I want to make sure then didn't send me 863's by mistake.

Last edited by Mikronized; 10-14-2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 PM

My bar is NOT level but my axle is lined up correctly. The coil spring I got has a little lable with the spring model on it. It also has left side and right side.
I don't know what the thickness is......sorry.
this is what my rear end looks like now...
gas tank is in the way but you can still see that my bar is not level....

http://home.earthlink.net/~audiorat1...k/gastank1.jpg
Old 10-14-2004, 01:50 PM

anthony1- I completely understand what you're saying about these companies, but $150 for a panhard bracket is a bit steep insurance or not. And yes, these are off road product and I will have to come up with a legal notice that will be shipped with each product.

Adrian- I'll try to make thes as close to or better quality as the ones offered by All-Pro. They use 1.5" diameter DOM .188" wall thickness. I'll look into options on this. Possibly use chromoly of the same thickness or thicker. I'll use JJ's from the same source that they get theirs from and yes, they are rebuildable. These are still more or less in the thought stage unless I had someone very interested in buying some and waiting for parts and build time.

Mikronized- I think that the 2 brackets will be an over kill. If your drop bracket were 3" then I'd say go with a 3" lift bracket, but it's hard to say now. Put the spring on and get me a measurement and then we can look at option. I hate to build you a bracket and have it be too much. Why not just do away with the drop bracket like Anthony and just use one lift bracket. Makes sense to me if you're going to buy one from me anyway. Up to you......he seems to be happy with his 5.5" lift bracket from All-Pro.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:59 PM

I guess is just need like a 3" then... cause my axle is only a little off center right now..

edit: I just saw your post dan.. I guess I'll put the coils on and see what I need from there... I don't have the rear bumper anthony does so I'll need a bit more relocation then he does..

Last edited by Mikronized; 10-14-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:10 PM

If you have the Downey now, take it off. just make one to go up the length you need. I bend my bar with the downey drop a few yrs back.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:17 PM

If you have the Downey now, take it off. just make one to go up the length you need. I bend my bar with the downey drop a few yrs back.
I have a welded-on SuperLift bracket... so I'm not sure how easy it will be to get it off.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:26 PM

all you need is a saw-all and a grinder.......
you know, with OME 860 springs, you'll be very tall in the back compare to the front. I think the original FJ80 might fit better. If it's not tall enough, you can add a little spacer.
With IFS in the front, I don't think you need that much lift in the rear......

Quick Reply: Panhard Lift Bracket