Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

OME/SAW lift on a 2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OME/SAW lift on a 2000

Well, I lifted the Runner yesterday morning. OME 891's and N86 Shocks in the rear and SAW 2.0 CO's in the front. I am still waiting on the panhard drop bar to come from Sonoran.....Anyways, I will get on to what you are waiting for>>>>

PICS!!!

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

That looks great man! How much lift is the front to? did you do a diff drop as well?

Last edited by HOJU; 03-15-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM

Looking GOOD Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by HOJU
That looks great man! How much lift is the front to? did you do a diff drop as well?
I cranked the front to about 2.5" of lift. It is sitting a little ass high but I think the OME coils will settle a little so it will be perfect. I did a homemade 1" diff drop in the front.

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What rims do you have? .....I've never seen those before.
Truck looks very good!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Hi Jason (again)! Your truck looks so good, you know I'm jealous.

(ps. you can see my truck in my avatar here, I don't have one on WATTORA)
Old 03-15-2006, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good.. I just ordered the OME springs/shocks for my 2000 4Runner. You're looks great but I home mine doesn't lift very much at all, I want to keep the stock height.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
What rims do you have? .....I've never seen those before.
Truck looks very good!
Not sure what they are, they came on there when we bought it. They are polished aluminum and they are very dull. We will eventually get the black daytonas.

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Funrunner
Hi Jason (again)! Your truck looks so good, you know I'm jealous.

(ps. you can see my truck in my avatar here, I don't have one on WATTORA)
There it is

Thanks again. Hope to see you and Mark out soon.

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Looks good.. I just ordered the OME springs/shocks for my 2000 4Runner. You're looks great but I home mine doesn't lift very much at all, I want to keep the stock height.
Now why would you want to keep stock ride height? J/K

I guarantee if you went with the 891 coils you will get at least 3" of lift. I think the 890's give at least 2".

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JBSTRD
Now why would you want to keep stock ride height? J/K

I guarantee if you went with the 891 coils you will get at least 3" of lift. I think the 890's give at least 2".

Jason
Jason, first off, truck looks great. I actually like the raked look or at least I like it better than the front higher than the rear.

I would like to get more lift in the rear (right now I have a 2 1/2 spacer from Revtek) but I don't want to deal w/ all the other crap that goes with an extra inch or so. What did you need to do extra (e.g., extend the brake lines, pan hard bar, etc.) with that much lift?

Also, would you mind measuring from the middle of your stock flare down to the ground for the front and rear?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ebelen1
Jason, first off, truck looks great. I actually like the raked look or at least I like it better than the front higher than the rear.

I would like to get more lift in the rear (right now I have a 2 1/2 spacer from Revtek) but I don't want to deal w/ all the other crap that goes with an extra inch or so. What did you need to do extra (e.g., extend the brake lines, pan hard bar, etc.) with that much lift?

Also, would you mind measuring from the middle of your stock flare down to the ground for the front and rear?
Right now, I don't have the brake line extended, I don't have the extra length bracket for the e-brake, and I have the stock panhard bar on. But, all of those items are coming from Sonoran Steel in the mail. I would worry more about having those on if I was wheeling it right now, but I am not going to wheel it until those pieces are in place.

The front is sitting at 37 3/4" from the ground to the fender flare and the rear is sitting at 38 3/4".

Jason
Old 03-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

Right now, I don't have the brake line extended, I don't have the extra length bracket for the e-brake, and I have the stock panhard bar on. But, all of those items are coming from Sonoran Steel in the mail. I would worry more about having those on if I was wheeling it right now, but I am not going to wheel it until those pieces are in place.

The front is sitting at 37 3/4" from the ground to the fender flare and the rear is sitting at 38 3/4".

Jason
Jason, this is extremely helpful. I have the same SAWs and I believe they're cranked to the same height as yours as I measure approximately 38" in the front. My issue is the rear measures about 36" and this is w/ a 2 1/2" spacer. (I also have a sub and tow hitch, which conservatively is about 80 pounds.)

I'm thinking now that the OEM rear coils have had it and need to be replaced. I'll probably go w/ OMEs like yours but Demello has also recommended some custom coils from Deaver for about the same price. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Old 03-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm thinking now that the OEM rear coils have had it and need to be replaced. I'll probably go w/ OMEs like yours but Demello has also recommended some custom coils from Deaver for about the same price. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Go OMEs, you might even be able to pick up a used set on YT (I got my 881s on here too).
Old 03-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
Go OMEs, you might even be able to pick up a used set on YT (I got my 881s on here too).
What should I want to pay? I'm looking at the 891's IIRC.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:54 AM

Jason, this is extremely helpful. I have the same SAWs and I believe they're cranked to the same height as yours as I measure approximately 38" in the front. My issue is the rear measures about 36" and this is w/ a 2 1/2" spacer. (I also have a sub and tow hitch, which conservatively is about 80 pounds.)

The stock coils were definitely sagging on my runner. After I lifted it I even had two 33" spares that I picked up for my Tacoma in the back of the 4Runner and it only went down to about 38 1/2" from the ground to the flare. I am happy with the ride of the 891's and N86's as well, plus they are easy as hell to install.

I got mine from TRDPARTS4U and went to pick them up at the ARB wherehouse since I live in Washington. I ended up paying like $250 for both coils and both shocks.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

The stock coils were definitely sagging on my runner. After I lifted it I even had two 33" spares that I picked up for my Tacoma in the back of the 4Runner and it only went down to about 38 1/2" from the ground to the flare. I am happy with the ride of the 891's and N86's as well, plus they are easy as hell to install.

I got mine from TRDPARTS4U and went to pick them up at the ARB wherehouse since I live in Washington. I ended up paying like $250 for both coils and both shocks.
I already have Bilstein HD's in the rear (only six months old) so I don't want to swap these. I know that others have said that OME and Bilstein are a horrible combo but since it's in the rear, I'm hoping I don't notice the stiffness.

Do you know what the cost for the springs only? This seems to be better than I thought.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:08 AM

I already have Bilstein HD's in the rear (only six months old) so I don't want to swap these. I know that others have said that OME and Bilstein are a horrible combo but since it's in the rear, I'm hoping I don't notice the stiffness.

Do you know what the cost for the springs only? This seems to be better than I thought.
Springs only through them with my TTORA discount was like $57 per coil, so about $115 ish. But he did say that they may cost a little bit if they were to be shipped due to the weight.

Jason
Old 03-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Springs only through them with my TTORA discount was like $57 per coil, so about $115 ish. But he did say that they may cost a little bit if they were to be shipped due to the weight.

Jason
Perfect. One last question: don't we have a trdparts4u rep on this board? If so, who is this?

Edit: Forget this request. It is Strap22 for those that want to know as well.

Last edited by ebelen1; 03-16-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Keep the questions coming....Get those coils installed and you should be golden.

Jason

Quick Reply: OME/SAW lift on a 2000