Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Okay.. thinking of selling now...

Old 09-09-2007, 07:12 AM
WT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Okay.. thinking of selling now...

Okay been thinking of selling her after many years of a great relationship though good and bad times but I think it time for me to move on but the question to ask is should I just trade her in which I prefer not to since so many mods have been done to her and no one will enjoy them or sell it privately and get more money and make somone happy to bring her into a new home that will care for her the rest of her life.
What you guys think shes worth, I already check kbb.com and got a idea.
Shes a 96 green 4Runner with about 114,000 miles with supercharger and 3" of lift with 285's and bla bla bla (chargers only been on it for the last 30,000 miles give or take). Shes never been in any accidents and no rust on her anywhere.
I may sell her at a great price to just get her into a good home. I really would hate to take her back to stock and then sell her but guess I could to make extra money on the mods too.

So guys and gals geve me your thoughts, I know I have not posted here is some time now, to many other toys to play with and no time....

Last edited by WT; 09-09-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why sell? I don't understand. I would never sell my '96. Just my thought.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 AM

NEVER trade in. though i dont understand why you want her gone, the best way to get the most money is to sell her private party. the dealer will only give you like maybe 40% of what shes worth, 60 if your lucky, and tuen around and either crush her or sell her for 4-7000 what they gave you for her. if you want to make the most money, id part her out, but that would be sad.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
WT

Originally Posted by nfenwick
Why sell? I don't understand. I would never sell my '96. Just my thought.
Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
NEVER trade in. though i dont understand why you want her gone, the best way to get the most money is to sell her private party. the dealer will only give you like maybe 40% of what shes worth, 60 if your lucky, and tuen around and either crush her or sell her for 4-7000 what they gave you for her. if you want to make the most money, id part her out, but that would be sad.
Well problem for me is to many toy to drive and not enough time for them all so I wanted ot make room in thr driveway for a new toy thinking Tundra time for me this will give me best of both worlds SUV and pickup since I sold my 87 toyota pickup last year I been missing it too....
I know I never get what I sunk into it but wanted someone to enjoy whats was added up to this point doh.
Well sounds like I may have found it a new home as of this evening... going to a family member so thats even better just a few states away but I know it will be care for there too.
So its tundra crewmax hunting time now ...... Wahooooo
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

Dam, its very tough to sell such a dependable friend. I feel your pain, as those thoughts have been running through my head from time to time ....Man those tundra crew max's are nice, and that vehicle alone may help you cope with the loss better?
...not sure,
that is a real tough question that every man who owns a yota must face one day...

Last edited by icerunner; 09-13-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
WT

Originally Posted by icerunner
Dam, its very tough to sell such a dependable friend. I feel your pain, as those thoughts have been running through my head from time to time ....Man those tundra crew max's are nice, and that vehicle alone may help you cope with the loss better?
...not sure,
that is a real tough question that every man who owns a yota must face one day...
Yes it is shes been very dependable for me but ever since last year I got rid of my 87 pickup, I have been wanting to get something to replace it with. Then Toyota comes out with this new tundra crewmax 5.7.
So now I will be able to use the new tundra as double duty SUV and pickup.
So new tundra is in port and on its way to my dealer as I type this msg. Wahooo
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by WT
Yes it is shes been very dependable for me but ever since last year I got rid of my 87 pickup, I have been wanting to get something to replace it with. Then Toyota comes out with this new tundra crewmax 5.7.
So now I will be able to use the new tundra as double duty SUV and pickup.
So new tundra is in port and on its way to my dealer as I type this msg. Wahooo

tundra crewmax you suck hahaha!! very nice i drove one last week and i shouldnt have.. i really really really shouldnt have.. i dont get the new car blues but i have them now.. what a truck.... btw, change all the fluids out in the first 10k miles except for oil which should be a lot sooner.. keep clean fluids in there during the breakin period i would say the first 20k miles or so and then if you want you can do long oci intervals
Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 PM
WT

Well finally got a pic..

Well I picked her up a few weeks ago but finally got a picture and figured I share with anyone that cares...

Old 10-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, very nice looking Tundra!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Very beautiful truck you have there! More pics!

What'd you do with the Runner? Trade?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:54 PM

very nice
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow that was quick.

Now that is a big vehicle!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
WT

More pics...

Thanks guys.
Yeah I am loving the room in this thing, I think there so much more room than the back of the 4runner and much wider front and back. the 4runner going to my brother out of state in a few weeks when he comes up to picks it up, so its going to a good home and still stays in the family. Yeah I already started doing some modding new color match grill, bed rug, #m clear bra for front end and tinted the front windows and more to come in the future, thinking lift maybe but not sure yet.
Damn this things costing me more and more and I haven't even made the first payment yet.
I also got to say love the power of the 5.7 in this thing. This thing wil eat up my 4runner with the super charger on it without even blinking. If you have not gotten to sit in or test drive one of these things head to your local dealer and give it a try.

Okay on to a few more pics......

Hope you guys enjoy, I know how everyone like pictures.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

what siize are those tires? they seem puny...they need to be replaced by 34's..at least 33's...
Old 10-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Again, wow I love your truck!

The carpet makes it look all cozy....!

Good pick!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:59 PM

color matched tonneau(sp?) covers look nice on Tundras imo...still looks way nice and i bet the 5.7 eats a 4runner's 3.4 even sc'd
Old 10-08-2007, 05:22 AM

I want to unload my 4Runner too, but I just can't make myself do it. I have a 2000 LTD 4WD w/ only 54k miles. I just can't stand how little power and fuel economy I get out of it. I could have a truck w/ 2x the power and possibly better fuel economy. Ugh.. Why do I have to like this thing so much!? Maybe I should just do what the OP did, buy something to replace her, then it'll be much easier to justify the sale. I made a deal with myself, if there ever is a Tundra Diesel then the decision will be made for me.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I just can't stand how little power and fuel economy I get out of it. I could have a truck w/ 2x the power and possibly better fuel economy.
Nah I wouldn't worry about that. I think its a common misconception that since the engine is bigger and powerful, it wouldn't use as much gas. Or well, I've heard this come out of peoples mouths.

Its literally impossible to have more power without using more gasoline. Gasoline converts directly into power/energy. The displacement of a v8 cannot beat the fuel economy from a v6 engine.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

I have both a V8 tundra and the V6 4runner .. they do about the same on gas. I would even say the tundra does better on fuel economy on long mid-west drives (no hill elevation changes, just straight two lane highway) then the 4runner.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 AM
WT

Tire size

Originally Posted by RoySharif
what siize are those tires? they seem puny...they need to be replaced by 34's..at least 33's...
There the stock ones for now, may consider a upgrade if I do do a lift on this thing but may leave it be a little while and save up some cash for everything else. But there P275/55/R20 Bridgstone somethings or another accordinng to there size its a 33" tire combo so to say there small is just not correct but they may look small compared to the size of the truck. As for gas mileage for now I say its in close running with the 4Runner local, I have not taken this thing on any long trips to say if its better there but my guess is it should be close if not better depending on how you use your foot. Think this new 6 speed trans may help with the longer road trips and up and down hils on the highway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Okay.. thinking of selling now...