Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Oh god do i want these!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh god do i want these!

I want these rims soooooo bad!
For those who crave bling....... couldnt stop laughing. I wanna take these rims out in the mud and watch them spin.....
Old 06-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Banned

haha... i would mob those in the mud... especially with some of those new 40" procomp tires that fit 20s... but my truck wont ever see tires that big and they are the wrong bolt pattern for me
Old 06-23-2004, 02:55 AM

Lots of folks run those rims (and hub caps) around here. They scare the tar out of me on a regular basis. I'm looking at the wheels of cars in driveways and cross roads to see if they are moving, or starting to move. Those spinning rings always startle me, and make it darn hard to judge when a car is going to pull out in front of me.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Lots of folks run those rims (and hub caps) around here. They scare the tar out of me on a regular basis. I'm looking at the wheels of cars in driveways and cross roads to see if they are moving, or starting to move. Those spinning rings always startle me, and make it darn hard to judge when a car is going to pull out in front of me.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:49 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha, maybe they could chop the mud up as you go through it!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I have no problem stating that this 'craze', 'fad', or whatever you want to call it is totally stupid. It amazes me how many people act like lemmings and simply have to follow a trend in order to feel good about themselves. I can't fault the wheel companies that make these idiotic things since business is business. But when hordes of people follow the outrageously ignorant examples set by rap stars and the like, it says something about our society.

Hey it's early

And another thing, how in the hell do you balance that junk? I mean, most of us have a hard enough time getting the stock Toyota rims properly balanced??

Andreas
Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Contributing Member

Cops watch wheels to determine if someone actually stopped at a stop sign (light) or not.

We have a lot of this bling (an apt term...sounds cheap) around here. They'll pay for their vanity through the initial cost and probably increased tickets. What's their defense in court? "Your honor, I have spinners on my car that give the illusion the wheels are moving when they are stopped." So take them off. Guilty.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
The ones I "love" are the cheap plastic ones that you can buy at Pep Boys for $20 and they are covers withe spinners attached. They just look so cheap & cheesy that its funny yet sad that people waste their money on this crap.

As for the safety factor, I get scared when I see them at a stop light or sign and the rotors are still spinning; makes me swerve out of paranoia and might actually cause me to have an accident. Much like cell phones and driving, sooner or later there will be a legal movement to ban spinner wheel covers & rims from street use, and that would be a reasonable law from my perspective. All it will take is time and statistics to force that change to occur.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:02 AM
lee
Contributing Member

yea, best thing is when those wheel covers with spinners are on daewoos.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:38 AM

Everybody seems to have a very strong opinion about spinners. I understand opinions concerning safety, however, those of you judging based on vanity, and following trends of rappers and acting like lemmings, very judgemental. I'm sure at some point in time everyone here has spent money to follow a trend, based on vanity and ego. Look at people who spend thousands on trying to regain their lost hair, get breast implants, liposuction, penile implants, and even as small as getting products to cover grey hairs. I say let them decorate their cars how they want, most of them are young and probably will sound like you in the future when another trend comes out.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

One of the best anti-performance pieces you can add to your vehicle.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by havic
Look at people who spend thousands on trying to regain their lost hair, get breast implants, liposuction, penile implants, and even as small as getting products to cover grey hairs.
So....which one of the above do you make a livin' off of?

As for me? To quote the great Geraldine Wilson....Wachusee is wachuget.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
One of the best anti-performance pieces you can add to your vehicle.
Exactly!

The best is when Civic's have those heavy 18-19's and still think they are fast! :pat:
Old 06-23-2004, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SLC Punk
Exactly!

The best is when Civic's have those heavy 18-19's and still think they are fast! :pat:
Hmmm...I wonder how my '95 (with the 3.slow) would do with 175x70R13's?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:02 AM

Some people like performance, some like looks. If you really think about it, it's all a waste of money. People might as well trade their cars in and get hybrids with 90 hp and 80 mpg. It does the same job, get you from point a to point b. By the way, I am a consumer and wish I could make my living off of that. Maybe someday.......
Old 06-23-2004, 08:17 AM

If those spinner parts are steel, they must spin for a couple minutes after the car stops. What if the person driving that car stopped and went into a store, and another car pulled up next to it with a small child. The child gets out, sees those and says neat, and sticks their finger in. No more finger. Could this happen? I've never seen these up close, as there are none around here.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:22 AM

the crappy thing is.. those are the cheap ones made in bulk... every person with $500 has those... on all different cars... i went down to florida.. and ever car with spinners had the same exact middle piece..
Old 06-23-2004, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Highland Runner
If those spinner parts are steel, they must spin for a couple minutes after the car stops. What if the person driving that car stopped and went into a store, and another car pulled up next to it with a small child. The child gets out, sees those and says neat, and sticks their finger in. No more finger. Could this happen? I've never seen these up close, as there are none around here.
it wouldn't actually cut off his finger... if he stops at a store... the thing would be spinning.. but very slowly.. cuz your goin 7 mph in a parking lot.. so when you stop there's not much momentum... but when your on the the road and you stop.... you could loose a finger... i'll stop by next time and throw something in it..
Old 06-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

OH NOOO!
Now the kid in the back seat will have to wear chain mail gloves in addition to the helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, steel toed boots...etc.

Hey, when I was a kid, I had to learn not to stick my finger in light sockets, electrical outlets, fans, etc. It didn't take more than 3 or 4 times on each...And I still have enuff fingers to pick a banjo.

Where's Darwin when ya need him? :pat:

Old 06-23-2004, 09:13 AM

I rather doubt it could happen. They aren't sharp edged at all. They also don't spin the way you would expect. At highway speeds they often times aren't turning. I've even seen them turning backwards slowly on vehicles on the highway. It's when you slow to a stop that they seem to pick up the most speed, and sluff along like you were doing 30 mph or so. They do keep on spinning for quite a while. A good minute plus it usually seems.

Quick Reply: Oh god do i want these!