Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

NOS or NXS

Old 06-12-2003, 06:08 AM
TOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOS or NXS

Ok guys I have decided to have some real fun with my rig. We got our heavyline tech here at T.O.R. that has installed his V8 SC on his Tundra and is running the NXS "shark" system through it. He recommended I go with the wing system on mine. Any suggestions or links to good articles on 75 shot nitous systems?

Todd
Old 06-12-2003, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Use caution...

Just make sure you tune it properly, or this will happen:

120 shot on a F22 (Honda Accord motor), improperly tuned during the testing phase.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:22 AM
TOR

DAAAAAAAAMN!

Well, that really sucks. Do you recommend a specific system though? I got some great techs to install and tune all I have to do is come up with the $$$$$ and a couple cases of beer for afterwards.

TP
Old 06-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Contributing Member

This is a good system for your application. I think its what you were talking about in the first post.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:07 AM

Tha ZEX system is prettty good. Don't know much about the NXS.

A nice safety feature the ZEX has is that when it's armed it will only squeeze at WOT. I'm sure other companies have the same technology. ZEX also has some pretty cool accesories. Remote bottle opener, purge systems, bottle warmers, etc.

I hope this helps.

-Serge
Old 06-12-2003, 10:44 AM

The best set up will shoot gas along with nitrous. This keeps from leaning the mixture. Nitrous basically pumps tons of chemical air into the motor, and extra fuel is needed to keep from burning down. Just make sure you get a system that can richen the mixture and you should enjoy yourself!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:02 AM

Good advise.

A lot of the systems out now also are a dry system, which will spray through the intake, which in turn also cools the temperature of the air. Win win situation.

Serge
Old 06-12-2003, 11:19 AM
TOR

NOS

Well, after much deliberation I think I will probably go with the Nitrous Express system with the "shark" design. Seems to be most universal and one of the other guys here will be putting in the same system. That is unless anyone has heard anything bad about this product? IF anyone has please let me know!

TP
Old 06-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Back in my all motor ricer days, I knew a lot of guys that started running NX. Never heard of a problem. There were others with NOS systems that did have problems. Again, I dont think its the product so much as the tuner ability.

I would be very curious to see before and after results. Can you do some testing and let us know what kind of improvement you see? Maybe a couple track runs before and after, or maybe a dyno run. That would be sweet!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:39 AM
TOR

NOS

I would be happy to, I have got to get over to his house to get the dyno testing done. Have to wait though the truck is still re-breaking in the SC after having it rebuilt. I will definitely keep you informed though. BTW you have mail on your hotmail account.

TP
Old 06-12-2003, 12:30 PM

nitrous on a supercharged stock engine cause a lot of stress... take it from me... i've blown a rod thru my block and melted pistons, and i've also bent rods...i'm currently on my third engine. don't get me wrong no2 is FUN! i've used both the nos and the nx and i prefer the nx, the nx makes more hp and the solenoids seem to last longer... with nos, i was replacing solenoids ever few months. i'd recomend that you get an aftermarket fuel pump for added pressure and not to spray anything over a 50 shot unless you have beefed internals. and i'd also recommend a bottle heater which will allow you to get more out of your bottle, although beware if you don't keep an eye on bottle pressure, backfires are prone...my engine bay has caught fire too many times.

-mark
Old 06-12-2003, 12:35 PM
TOR

NOS

Mozzie, the NX system I am wanting to get has 35, 50, and 75 shot intervals. I have spoken with our heavy line tech here at the shop, who is also getting the same sysetm, and he and I both agree we would start with 35 and tune and test from there. The upgraded fuel pump is something to think about though as. I saw the warmer and was wondering about it as well. Thanks for the info and if you have any additional suggestions please let me know. Good info, have a good one.

TP