Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

noob needs help in installing Cornfeds in SoCali

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noob needs help in installing Cornfeds in SoCali

Just got the parts in today via UPS. I can get around with tools, but anything having to do with my suspension I want to leave it to the more experienced. I live in the SG Valley and would be willing to drive to someone's crib or garage to have them installed. I can bring the grub along with some adult beverages to boot (or soda if you you are so inclined). Gimme a holla if you can help a fellow SoCali out!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

well i'm quite busy this weekend so I can't help ya but I can next weekend!

Btw, some tools that you'll need to get from autozone (rental - free I think) is the spring compressor.

Aside from that I think you'll just need a few hand tools and will be able to manage the install.

Setup a date and maybe people can chime in Good luck... If you do have it next weekend I'll make sure to drop by.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Contributing Member

If you lived near Sacramento, CA, I'd tell you to bring sometime on a Tuesday or Thursday evening, to my class, considering we have everything (literally) to do the install including an alignment rack. I am so freakin bored these days in class, there is nothing to do in an a/c class. I mean how many times can you evacuate and recharge a system up?
Old 02-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Oh man, if I wasn't busy with work I'd join you guys just to learn how. Maybe even install the cornfeds I got in my garage

Well, who knows... once a date is set, maybe?
Old 02-25-2004, 01:35 PM

If you are close to Vista or Oceanside, you could bring it by my auto class at Mira Costa college. It would have to be next wednesday night, cause I doubt you'd want to do it tonight.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tenfourtyeight
If you are close to Vista or Oceanside, you could bring it by my auto class at Mira Costa college. It would have to be next wednesday night, cause I doubt you'd want to do it tonight.

Ah a fellow student in the auto world...so what have you taken so far? Are you doing any special program like the T-ten or the Ford (forgot what it was called)?

All I got is the beginner's class, brakes, suspension & steering, and now I am doing A/C. Might do small engine repair next semester. No special program, just going for the degree, for the hell of it.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mohamed
Ah a fellow student in the auto world...so what have you taken so far? Are you doing any special program like the T-ten or the Ford (forgot what it was called)?

All I got is the beginner's class, brakes, suspension & steering, and now I am doing A/C. Might do small engine repair next semester. No special program, just going for the degree, for the hell of it.
It's just a basic class, called 'Basic Automotive Tune-up.' It is really boring. Everything were going over is like second nature to me. Oil changes, 4 stroke cycle, compression tests, coolant system, diagnostis checks, battery testing, etc. I'm just using the class for the lifts, so I can work on my truck without lying down. That, and they have more tools than I ever knew existed.

I just took this class to get aquainted with the shop and the people there, before diving into a few classes at a time, and being stuck if the place was lame. Next semester I'm gonna take suspension, brakes, and any other class I can get into. The place is great. But the class is boring!!!

I'm going for the degree, too, just for the hell of it.
I'm also taking a welding class in the next building. The facilities are great.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Ooh.. I have a check engine light, wanna have a class lecture on my truck????
Old 02-25-2004, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
Ooh.. I have a check engine light, wanna have a class lecture on my truck????
That's exactly how it is! Someone comes in with their vehicle to do something like an oil change or CEL diagnostic, which he went over for the entire first hour of class, then while he's doing the procedure, he explains the same exact thing, and then explains it more afterwards. 3 class lectures on the same damn thing. It gets pretty boring. And it doesn't help that english is his second language, so he's pretty hard to understand sometimes. He says some stuff and I'm like :wtf:
Old 02-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Contributing Member

well shoot... you need a Tacoma? Let me know!
Old 02-25-2004, 02:58 PM

Come on over. You know where it is?
Old 02-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tenfourtyeight
Just got the parts in today via UPS. I can get around with tools, but anything having to do with my suspension I want to leave it to the more experienced. I live in the SG Valley and would be willing to drive to someone's crib or garage to have them installed. I can bring the grub along with some adult beverages to boot (or soda if you you are so inclined). Gimme a holla if you can help a fellow SoCali out?
I live next to you, in Alhambra be willing to assist with the install just to learn. Send me an email vmontano@cwm.com

Last edited by Biff; 02-25-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

10-48, no clue where you're at.

By the way, did you know that 10-48 is radio code for 15 min. break? That's the only thing I can think of when I see your handle here
Old 02-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biff
I live next to you, in Alhambra be willing to assist with the install just to learn. Send me an email vmontano@cwm.com
Victor you live in alh? that used to be my neck of the woods
Old 02-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

By the way, did you know that 10-48 is radio code for 15 min. break? That's the only thing I can think of when I see your handle here

really? I thought it was 10-100 for the break.? then again I know you're living it daily so I shouldn't be questioning ya eh
Old 02-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Good Times
Victor you live in alh? that used to be my neck of the woods

Oh ya, where abouts? I've been here ever since I finish school at CSULA.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

Grew up in the MTB/MPK area as a child so alot of friends are in the SGV area. I even still have friends who still live in ALH hehe

I now live w/ the cows...

Damn gotta find me a new job so I can move back to the SGV area.... :pat:
Old 02-25-2004, 04:17 PM

Yea, the codes are different everywhere you go. We got this one online when we searched for police codes on Google. It's from Ohio or something. We just liked the ring 10-48 has, and in the city we got it from it is for disturbing the peace. We thought that was pretty cool when we were just starting our band 4 years ago.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

I'm personally more partial to 5150 or Code 8 Code 3 (one phrase).
Old 02-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biff
Dude! I live in Alh. on 8th near the 10 fwy. I have no expertise in this area so I would be learning as well. Just waiting to find out my schedule for the weekend so I can set-up a time w/ Lance maybe.

Quick Reply: noob needs help in installing Cornfeds in SoCali