Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

NO POWER the horn doesn't even work!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO POWER the horn doesn't even work!! HELP!!

OK I know now what I did was wrong. but I really need help!! I bought a sr5 to plow my driveway. It needs some work but not to much the engine compartment was filthy so I got some engine cleaner and sprayed it in then got the hose and sprayed the engine with water.....!!!! now the truck won't start! I can't even turn the lights on I checked the battery it has a good charge, there is power getting to the starter. Where should I go next? the positive batter terminal goes only to the starter is this normal? there is on small wire coming off the starter where else should I check ?? again I am an idiot but the engine is really clean now!! any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Mike
Old 09-09-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try checking your main fuse under the hood.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM

Check all your fuses under the hood like said above. Check all the fuses in the cab and then I would check maybe the ALT as you say your aren't getting any power. how did you check the battery?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Wiggle the wires that run from the battery to the engine. They can look to be good, but still be shorted or broken. I had to redo the end of my negative side cable because it started giving me intermittent problems. I would turn the key and get an audible click and then nothing, no power anywhere. Go wiggle the negative cable and things would come back. I know it should seem obvious, but give it a try anyhow.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:42 PM

You don't say what it is or what year it is but you may have drowned the fuses like has already been mentioned or shorted something. Take out each fuse and relay and make sure it's dry in the fuse box. Maybe get the wife or girlfriends hair dry and out the fuse box. Try tapping the starter with a hammer or maybe just let it all set overnight and try it in the morning.
I clean my engine with high pressure and never had a problem yet but that doesn't mean that yours can take it. Mike
Old 09-09-2005, 03:25 PM

Thanks for all the reply's I have checked all the fuses visualy and will check them for continuity when I find my multi meter. All the fuses seem good I also banged on the starter a little. I was able to check the batter and starter with a mult-meter I got 12 volts off the battery and 12 off the starter how does the power disperse into the electrical system just off the starter? it seems like there should be some other connection into the wiring harness or something.Thanks again any more suggestions would help ALOT!!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

If it's like my 90, there's a pink square fuse (looks more like a plug than a normal fuse) that when it blows, nothing works. The fuse is located in one of the boxes behind the battery. Good luck!