Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New Drip...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Drip...

I was drivin down the road and hit my brakes during the rain to find that my car drips.... great.... i think its the sunfroof seal... I dont know though.. anyone else had this leak in a 3rd gen? It seems to drip right onto the passenger side airbag from the edge of the widshield.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Shirleyda4runner
I was drivin down the road and hit my brakes during the rain to find that my car drips.... great.... i think its the sunfroof seal... I dont know though.. anyone else had this leak in a 3rd gen? It seems to drip right onto the passenger side airbag from the edge of the widshield.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...of+drain+tubes

Not sure if this will help but, on your 3rd gen have you noticed that when you step on the brake in a rain storm you get a stream of water running down both the passenger and driver side front windows for just a second or two?

Maybe someone else out there knows the correct placement of the sunroof drain tubes on a 3rd gen (mines an 02) but I think both exit just above both side windows about three or four inches back from the front.

Just a thought...If the exit of these tubes is as I mentioned it could be that your passenger side is plugged and some of the excess water is seeping in.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:58 PM

Thundercloud / or anyone else that knows..the symptom you described of the water running down the windows is that due to the sunroof drain plugs? or are there any others?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

3rd gen here and no drippage! Knock on wood. Good luck with it!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Godzilla
Thundercloud / or anyone else that knows..the symptom you described of the water running down the windows is that due to the sunroof drain plugs? or are there any others?
Sorry for the confusion but I mean on the outside of the window's, when raining and with both windows completely up...no water on the inside of mine.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:12 PM

ya, there is non on the inside of mine either,,i meant running down the outside when you brake it flows down like you described..is this due to the sunroof drain plugs being clogged?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in my dads 3rd gen theres no outside leaks but when the A\C is blowing for a little while water drips on the passenger floor
Old 08-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by THUNDER CLOUD
Not sure if this will help but, on your 3rd gen have you noticed that when you step on the brake in a rain storm you get a stream of water running down both the passenger and driver side front windows for just a second or two?
Don't you hate it when the rest of your runner is dry after a rain storm so you drive off with the windows down to get soem fresh air in, then pull up to a stop and it pours in for a sec all over the window/lock controls.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unr.frosh
Don't you hate it when the rest of your runner is dry after a rain storm so you drive off with the windows down to get soem fresh air in, then pull up to a stop and it pours in for a sec all over the window/lock controls.

o man, that annoys me so much. and its like i forget everytime, so i always have to wipe of the door panel and controls.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by unr.frosh

Now just how in the hell did you know I just did that for the first time two days ago? Both side windows were down about 4 Inches...Hit the brakes for a red light and here it comes...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by THUNDER CLOUD
Maybe someone else out there knows the correct placement of the sunroof drain tubes on a 3rd gen (mines an 02) but I think both exit just above both side windows about three or four inches back from the front.

Just a thought...If the exit of these tubes is as I mentioned it could be that your passenger side is plugged and some of the excess water is seeping in.
If you're looking to where they drip from the truck on a 3rd gen, it's in the rear area on the drivers side. There are slits in the pastic trim that let it dry out and all.
I saw it all when I did the sound deadening. The tubes run along the top to the drip tray behind those slits in the trim and that funnels it out.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK
If you're looking to where they drip from the truck on a 3rd gen, it's in the rear area on the drivers side. There are slits in the pastic trim that let it dry out and all.
I saw it all when I did the sound deadening. The tubes run along the top to the drip tray behind those slits in the trim and that funnels it out.
Your talking about those little notches in the rubber molding around the back side windows? I have them on both sides...two per window.

I wondered what those were for...that would explain it. Thanks.

Now I'm left wondering what the stream of water is on both side windows that comes down for a second or two when you hit the brakes...always in the same place on both windows and always looks like it comes from some vent by the way it snakes down the window in a single stream. Could there be four drain tubes...two for the back and two more for the front?