Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New 4Runner Purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 4Runner Purchase advice

Hey, I posted this on another post, but I am just going to start a new one. It has to do with purchasing a new 4Runner within a year or two. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Well, thanks for the info. I am researching everything right now. I am just starting off right now (full time job for 6 months) and I need to save up some money for a down payment and such. The thing that I am looking for is both power and how I am going to use it. Basically, I don't do any towing. I never have and might never, but who knows. I do think that the V6 does ok with light loads, which is probably all that I will need...aka...a 4wheeler in my future? My job requires some driving and I just can't see it being feasible to me to have a V8 that takes more gas than the V6. I have the 3.0 V6 in my 2nd gen. It is good, but I could use more schwoop, and I believe that I will be getting about 90 more HP with the new one, so I am leaning toward the V6. I am going to get one in about a year or so, so the engine should (hopefully) have any bugs out of it. I am either going to get a left over 2004 or a 2005. I do have some questions if someone would not mind answering.

I am new at this whole buying a new car thing, but does Toyota give good APR on financing. I certainly can't pay for my vehicle by cash, but is it better to get a loan through a bank or is it better to use Toyota's financing? Also, that being said, can anyone (if they don't mind of course) give me an idea of a monthly payment. I know it is hard to do without knowing my % or my down payment or whatever, but what are you all paying for it. That is a concern for me.

Another question that I have is the availability of the model that I would like. I am basically looking for a 4x4 V6 sport, with the moon roof package. If the dealer doesn't have that, would they order it for me or am I going to have to settle for something. Again, I am new at this, so please bear with me if they are dumb questions. Thank you!

P.S. I went to Toyota's Website and "Built my own" 4Runner. These are the specs. Thanks!

Here's the 4Runner you've configured.
Be sure to print out this summary and present it when you meet with the dealer. But remember, the vehicle price in this summary is only approximate - the actual price will be set by the dealer.

Model:

4x4 Sport Edition V6 4 Speed Automatic (8666) $30,685

Delivery, Handling and Processing Fee:** $540

Options: $1,725
JBL Synthesis AM/FM/ETR/Cass/CD w/10 speakers, Power tilt/slide moonroof, Rear spoiler w/center high mounted stop lamp

Accessories: $184
Carpet floor mats/cargo mat (CF) $184

Total MSRP:*** $33,134
Old 09-29-2003, 07:10 AM

You can probably get a good deal on a endof year 04 at that time.
Go to edmunds.com and look up the 4Runner for TMV prices (the true price in your area). It changes depending on time of year, rebates, etc

monthly payments vary wildly depending on down payment, purchase price, rate, etc. Impossible to predict an "average monthly.

It hink the model you want is very common so don't think you will have a problem finding one.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

If you're looking to finance, try your local credit union as they'll most likely have the best rates in town. After that try other financial institutions such as eloan.com (which I ultimately went through).

Here is a link to give you an good indiciation on what your payments will be like. All you need to do is plug in the APR and also the # of months and total finnanced. Bare with the site as it's suppose to calculate mortgage on a house but it's the same. Just change the 30 yrs to 5 yrs or less

http://www.mortgageselect.com/calcs/...p?referrer=162

As for the options that you want, I'm sure all the dealers will have that one available so no worries here. Even if they had to order the vehicle, you're looking at a good 6-9 weeks. But the options you're asking for is very popular so I don't think you'll have to worry at all. I've seen this exact configuration alot.

Like what FirstToy said, do check out edmunds.com as the TMV price is a very good indication on how much to spend. You can pretty much get it for the same price or less (most of the times).

Good Luck and happy shopping!

Lance