Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Need help from NC natives

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help from NC natives

Hey guys, im from North Carolina and im trying to find some places to go offroad. Anyone from NC know any good places? I live in Creedmoor but im actually closer to Wakeforest. Are there any offroad "parks" or whatever around here?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:15 AM

Uhwarrie National Forest.... since you're in Wakeforest, you're about 1 hour 30 mins or so from there. I'm in Cary and it takes me about an hour, tops... Lot's of trails, some kinda medium difficult, but nothing real hard. Tellico is in the mountains, about 6 hours or so away. MUCH harder than Uhwarrie, but nothing crazy... Paragon isn't too far either, about 11 hours or so...

As for LOCAL, nothing... There are some power line trails and some other dirt areas, but nothing challenging, nothing LEGAL, and nothing that isn't just muddy.

There's a place called Big Dog Offroad near Greenville, but I hear tale that it's just muddin' too.

Hit me up on IM or Email and we can get together and I'll show you around...

Oh yeah.... Rig specs? Whaddaya drive/have done to it?
Old 08-26-2004, 05:17 PM

YOu found the right place there 10, J will take care of ya
Old 08-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Dude your about 20mins. away from me. I live in Greensboro, we could hit Uwharrie sometime as a day trip if you don't have alot of free time like me. Uwharrie is tops of an hour from here depending on traffic through some of the hick towns. It's an easy drive too. PM me and I'll give ya my cell, we can get up and go some time.

I'm with J, lets hear about your rig?
Old 08-26-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Dude your about 20mins. away from me. I live in Greensboro, we could hit Uwharrie sometime as a day trip if you don't have alot of free time like me. Uwharrie is tops of an hour from here depending on traffic through some of the hick towns. It's an easy drive too. PM me and I'll give ya my cell, we can get up and go some time.

I'm with J, lets hear about your rig?
would uwharrie be too much for a stocker? i haven't got lift or sliders yet but im working on it. 85 4runner 22re
Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 PM

IM me on AIM if you have it. My name is weltkommandant. My truck is a 1990 Pickup 4x4. Its got the 22re. Its got oversized tires on it but im not sure of the size. I dont think its lifted. I just got it a few days ago. Its cutting off at idle sometimes right now so im trying to get that figured out. I ran some seafoam and it has helped a little.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 10cents
IM me on AIM if you have it. My name is weltkommandant. My truck is a 1990 Pickup 4x4. Its got the 22re. Its got oversized tires on it but im not sure of the size. I dont think its lifted. I just got it a few days ago. Its cutting off at idle sometimes right now so im trying to get that figured out. I ran some seafoam and it has helped a little.
Cool I'll try and catch you on there sometime. As for running Uwharrie stock, it's not a problem, especially in an 85. I would just stay off of Dutch John, or Dicky Bell. Other than that you should be fine, you could prolly do most of Rocky Mountain Loop so that would be some good fun for you