Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

need help, got into an accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help, got into an accident

well i just got into an accident today. what luck. well it looks like im going to need a new driver side fender, hood, grille, and bumper. i have a 1985 toyota pickup shortbed 4x4. i am probably going to buy the grille and bumper from the junkyard i was just wondering how much is that going to cost me. i was thinking of getting fiberglass hood and fenders. my question is, is it worth the cost or should i just try and find the parts in the junkyard. second question is hew do the fiberglass fenders look. which ones look the best. i saw some pictures on the internet but they really dont have good pictures. its hard to picture the whole truck with them on. any answers or opinions are more than welcome. oh by the way, the mercedes benz i hit was all smashed up.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by rollandfayssoux
well i just got into an accident today. what luck. well it looks like im going to need a new driver side fender, hood, grille, and bumper. i have a 1985 toyota pickup shortbed 4x4. i am probably going to buy the grille and bumper from the junkyard i was just wondering how much is that going to cost me. i was thinking of getting fiberglass hood and fenders. my question is, is it worth the cost or should i just try and find the parts in the junkyard. second question is hew do the fiberglass fenders look. which ones look the best. i saw some pictures on the internet but they really dont have good pictures. its hard to picture the whole truck with them on. any answers or opinions are more than welcome. oh by the way, the mercedes benz i hit was all smashed up.

I just picked up an 86 Toy a few months back and had to replace the grille, all 3 pieces, the front bumper end caps, and the valance. I bought them new from a place in Pueblo and the total cost was about 125 bucks. I almost bought a new front bumper, that was about 40 bucks new, but decided to sand and paint the old one.I tried the junkyard thing and it was very slim pickings for those items, they seem to be in high demand. As far as the fender goes I have seen them on websites and ebay for pretty reasonable prices, 70 - 90 bucks. I would definately look around for places that sell the aftermarket pieces, the internet prices are good, but they gouge you on shipping and handling.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by rollandfayssoux
Whenever i get into oopsie daisy incidents i go to a place called certifit down in phoenix. Not sure if they have 'em in Ca, but im sure they have something like it. Its no-name generic as hell, body panels. Yeah the chrome bumper has got waves that make you feel like you are surfin, but it only cost 40 bones. And they carry all sorts of exterior body panels. Got a hood for my 94 for $30, front valance for $15, all sorts of good stuff, may be worth a shot!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your in Torrance right? Give Bernnie Jr. a call. He and his dad runs a junk yard in Wilmington. He's got everything you need there.
310-518-5839. They are open M-F only. I got most of my SAS parts through them. Tell them Anthony with red 95 4runner send you.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:15 AM

i baught a new fender for my truck from a place close to my house and it only cost me about 30 dollars and it was a 4x4 fender so you can probably find a new fender for pretty cheap actually. hope you get you rig fixed soon.