Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

NE Snowstorm

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool NE Snowstorm

Hey ALL,
Does anyone live up in the New England Area?? Man, I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!
I am from MD and now live in TX (past 5 years) and recently bought my first 4X4!! It's been friggin' 50+ degrees here!!
Did anyone take theirs out and help their communities and if so, any good stories to share? I heard they were even paying people to get out there and help out!:pat: Man, looks like FUN!
Old 02-18-2003, 06:37 PM

yeah im up in maine. not nearly as much snow as some of the states lower than here though... we only got a few inches which is really not much in this neck of the woods.

didn't go out at all today. :mad: tomorrow i'll be out drivin around though. hopefully there will still be some snow for me to play in. and that sounds good about people paying to get them out!!! im gonna have to look around for some stuck F.O.R.D.s (Found On Roadside Dead) hahah.

ps. i wouldnt mind some 50 degree weather right now. its freezing up here.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:52 PM

Rowan,
Good Luck Brother!! Any help is better than NO help! However, I'm sure Maine can handle an inch or two, hell, probably 1 to 2 FEET!
I'm from W MD where they got the 49+ inches!! WooHooo! An unwelcom surprise, I'm sure.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

Yep.. deep south-central Mass. here! I have over 3 feet in my yard to date.. My pop-up camper has about 1 foot left untill the snow is level with the roof! I was pretty supprised, I was on the road all day Monday and I only came accross 1 Ford Sprout-track stuck in the snow that I strapped out.

After spending close to 4 hours shovling all that snow (I got like 21" here yesterday) I would love 55 degrees too...
Heck, I have not seen the surface of my driveway since Thanksgiving!! What ever happend to "Global Warming. Eh??
Old 02-18-2003, 08:40 PM

I was loving it. I'm in Danbury, CT at the moment. We got about 2ft of snow. I was driving around in the middle of the blizzard. I had to go pick up someones kid who was stranded and then I went out to see a movie. There was suprisingly few vehicles stuck. Usually I get to help lots of people out, but the only cars I saw stuck were already empty, and there weren't honestly very many cars on the road. I almost got stuck once or twice running through some deeps snow banks. Some of the snow plows and the wind, were leaving snowbanks 3-4ft deep, where you wanted to get off on the side roads. Alot of fun. It's pretty cool when you try and open your doors when your driving through the snow, and the doors push the snow aside.