Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

On My Third

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On My Third

After going through two leased 4x4 Tacoma's, a '97 and a '00, without a single failure of any kind, I found myself laying down a deposit on a new '03 ext.cab 4x4 TRD Taco w/ a dealer-installed (warranty) TRD SuperCharger... it will be ready in a few days.
I figured I might as well buy this one instead of leasing, I'm not having any luck finding anything else I want to drive... or pay for.

I left the first two bone stock for obvious reasons, but this third one I plan to mess with quite a bit and I'm looking for a lot of info on the Toyota Trucks. I'm particularly interested in all forums that cover all things "Tacoma". Do you folks have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2003, 10:26 PM

Cool

Hey I just thought I'd say Welcome to the forum This is the best toyota forum around, and everybody here is really cool (well there are a few exceptions... Just Kidding)

Have fun with your new Tacoma, and the more you hang around here the smaller and smaller your wallet will be come

-Braden
Old 01-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome. It's a good choice to buy versus lease. Can't go wrong with a Taco.

Here's the Tacoma forum over on 4x4 Wire. Not a whole lot of activity, but the more options the better.

And the grand daddy of them all: TTORA (Tacoma Territory Off-Roader's Association)

Those 2 should give you a good start. I'm sure others will chime in with a few more.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

I would stay right here at Yota Tech. I have learned more here that all the other forums put together.

Join your local chapter of TTORA. Those guys are great to wheel with and are usually helpful when it comes time to turn wrenches on your rig. You can never have too many friends with Tacomas.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the wonderful world of supercharged Tacomas...
Old 01-19-2003, 09:31 AM

Thanks Fella's. I've been doing a bunch of reading of the past day or so... particularly Gadgets website. To be honest, after reading about all of the "oddities" and possible problems with the TRD supercharger I've begun to wonder what I have gotten myself into.... :pat:

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:58 PM

Ya, this forum is by far the most user-friendly I've ever encountered. It is run by some really cool guys and the members aren't that bad either. Btw, you got any pics of your new beauty?