Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

My friend got in a horrible car accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend got in a horrible car accident

We were driving home from work, he was following me. we were making a left onto a main street so we could turn into my housing track. he was following me, like i said, and since my car is slow, he couldnt have been going fast.
I heard squeels from behind me and instantly though "oh he's showing off" then i watch him in my rear view mirror, watch him fly onto the sidewalk, clip the pole, and smash into somebodys back yard. I instantly made the first U-turn i could, grabbed my cell phone, and pulled over as fast as i could. by then two people had already pulled up and called 911. As i pulled up, I saw him standing OUTSIDE his car... yes.. he walked away, thank god

Looking into it more, his peddle was stuck. What we heard from bystanders who saw the whole thing, he was making the turn slow but accelerated quickly, not normally. he flew into the wall and bounced back. his car finally stopped on teh sidewalk.. this picture was taken after the tow truck pulled it away.

the brick wall is completely gone

heres a picture

He ran into an older buddies back yard of mine... they are out of town. the guy is going to replace the shower in my bathroom, all new tile

The car was an 1984 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird. V8 Carborated 305 engine.

Car is definatly totaled.

Police were on teh scene quickly, along with paramedics. My friend "Alex" i call him, is fine. no injuries except a little bump on his shin, bled for a minute. other than that, absolutly fine.

RIP Trans Am

Not only did he lose his car in this.. he lost many dreams. he was planning in the not so far future to put a 350 or bigger engine in that thing, and make it have over 1000 horsepower with NOS and stuff... poor guy got his dreams crushed by a stuck peddle.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Contributing Member

Man that totally sucks.. Hate to see the TA go down. I have always been a fan of TA's. I would love to have one like the one in Smokey and Bandit. It's like a 78 I think with the 6 liter 400 smallblock. I rode in one once and it scared the bajesus out of me. First time I ever went 145 MPH in a car and spun brodies on dry pavement. Stuck pedals are bad!! My old car used to do it every once in a while if I floored it real fast. Ask Corey about stuck pedals as well and the grief they have caused him in the past!
Old 02-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

Get evidence of the stuck pedal immediately. If you don't have pictures Go RIGHT NOW. And take shots of the skid marks and the wall. It will be very easy for a gear head TA driver to get railroaded into the "SURE, you weren't speeding..." issue and have no one believe a word he says. The cops will come to their own conclusions with their pictures, and it may not be what actually happened. Of course, we must give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they will find the truth.

Highly recommended, If only for the insurance claim. You know they will be looking for any reason not to pay up and it will cost you more to fight them.

Sorry about the car, glad your buddy walked away...
Old 02-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Glad he was ok.

I don't get the part where you say he is going to replace the shower in your bathroom. Was that a brain fart or what?
Old 02-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by momo.75
Glad he was ok.

I don't get the part where you say he is going to replace the shower in your bathroom. Was that a brain fart or what?
I'm talking about the guys back yard that he ran into... the owner of that house is a tile man.... he's going to redo my bathroom...

just seemed kinda strange that he would run into somebodys house that i know really well...
Old 02-16-2003, 05:26 AM

Hey L33T35T 4Runner whats an SR5?