Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Mr. Clean Auto Dry Carwash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mr. Clean Auto Dry Carwash!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW! I recently purchased the Mr. Clean Auto Dry Carwash system. I was skepitcal at first, but after washing my truck, I was amazed!

Using the soaping/rinsing/filter-watering spray gun in my right hand, and a washing mit in my left hand, I was able to wash my tuck in record time with great results. I wet the truck. Then soaped and washed. Then rinsed. Then srayed it over again with the filtered water, and let it dry. No water marks, no lint, no nothing, it was amazing.

This will get me out washing my truck once a week. I strongly reccomend that you try this product. I picked up the kit at Target for $17.00.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

I've heard a lot of good things about this product, but haven't tried it yet. A lot of people do say that the filter doesn't last as long as advertised though.

Oh, and for a spot-free rinse, distilled water will do the same thing.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

I works well if you've got a good wax job on the truck prior to using.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:24 PM

The Filter that comes with the kit lasts for about 3 uses. But you can buy more filters for about $5, and they last for about 10 uses.

Not only do I like this product because of the easy spot-free clean, but it makes washing the truck hassle free. I don't have to dip my spondge in the dirty bucket and wash, then rinse before the soap dries, etc. It seems like a lot of thought went into this product, and don't know how I could wash my truck any other way again.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:15 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
This was talked about pretty thoroughly a few weeks ago. My GF is "very finicky," ;-) and we have very hard water - she loves the Mr Clean thing. It really leaves her deep dark blue/purple car streak free.

RE: wax. Her car has never been waxed. We used it on my convertible, which is very well waxed - and it didn't work. The rinse beaded up (duh!) and left spots.

Sure distillied water rinse will work, but I don't see buying 5 gallons of distilled water every time I wash the car, each car, and we have several...
Old 08-16-2004, 04:58 AM
Contributing Member

I agree, I like the MR Clean Autodry. Its good for the in-between washes. I still use the bucket method if its really dirty or needs to be waxed.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by SLC Punk
I agree, I like the MR Clean Autodry. Its good for the in-between washes. I still use the bucket method if its really dirty or needs to be waxed.
True, but when the truck isn't that dirty, and I just want to keep it looking nice, I use the Auto dry system. It's so easy.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

I am using well water in volcanic central Oregon and I have a rediculus amunt of mineralls. Even if I dry promptly, I still get water spotts. It is so bad I stoped using water at home to wash. I really need to try this out.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:22 AM

True, but when the truck isn't that dirty, and I just want to keep it looking nice, I use the Auto dry system. It's so easy.
Do we have another salesman?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

I really like the thing too...

You just have to be quick with the soap and rinse and its not so bad. Again, its not for washing, its for keeping clean. And about the bucket... When its really dirty its really good to use the bucket. Because, yeah the water gets dirty, its taking it off whatever your using to wash your truck. If you don't, it will turn whatever your using to wash it into a ball of sandpaper and everyone knows sandpaper isn't good for paint
Old 08-17-2004, 07:55 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jethro358
Do we have another salesman?
BUY! BUY! BUY! Only 17.99!! This is a limited offer folks!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:47 PM

LOL

I tried it, it worked fine on my runner, but my audi a6, dark green got spots all over. Spotfree my arse. I did it twice to check and it worked horrible on dark colors, dunno.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:26 AM

Has anyone tried using this thing after wheelin? It sucked for me. It seemed like the soap wasnt strong because the dirt wouldnt come off when i scrubbed it. My 4Runner was REALLY dirty though. just my .02 cents
Old 08-18-2004, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by 94yotarunner
LOL

I tried it, it worked fine on my runner, but my audi a6, dark green got spots all over. Spotfree my arse. I did it twice to check and it worked horrible on dark colors, dunno.
It worked wonders on my black truck. Though it wasn't dirty when I washed it, I just used it to get the spot free shine.

I think when your truck is really dirty, it's best to use the spondge and bucket. But if you've got time, finish it up with the Auto dry system. Thats what I do.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by YotaTruck1986
It worked wonders on my black truck. Though it wasn't dirty when I washed it, I just used it to get the spot free shine.

I think when your truck is really dirty, it's best to use the spondge and bucket. But if you've got time, finish it up with the Auto dry system. Thats what I do.
Ditto. It works great on my black truck and my fiance's black car. I definitely recommend the system. It doesn't work great when your vehicle is extremely dirty. I do the same thing as you do. After a good wash with the sponge and bucket, I use the Auto Dry for a spot free shine. I hate drying cars by hand. I think it takes way more effort than using the system, because by the time you get to the other side to dry, it's already dried with spots.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:09 PM

I used it and it spoted worse than a clean dalmation. It took two days of clay to get rid of the spots. If anyone wants to buy this piece of junk from me I will sell it for $10 plus shipping.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 94yotarunner
LOL

Did you let it dry in the shade? If I take too long after rinsing it off, it will get spots if left in the sun.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:24 PM

Consumer Reports magazine ran a little report on it, and even THEY like it!

I'm going to have to try it myself...
Old 08-20-2004, 02:50 PM

I used it on my black 4runner, in the sun, and let it sit afterwards. No spotting, no nothing. I'm planning on buying it as soon as i get back to school.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

Where I live now, we're famed for the "worlds largest MINERAL hot springs" so the water is disgusting and full of minerals (duh). I used this on my mom's black Infiniti QX4, well waxed with Griots and pretty much already clean. It didn't work for crap, left water spots ALL over it-no different than regular tap water. Then my dad tried it on his chebby, with turtle wax (hahaha), and it worked like a charm.. So I dunno, we'll see how it works on my runner (also with Griots).

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Auto Dry Carwash!!!