Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

A Moment Of Your Time

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Moment Of Your Time

Hey everyone, if you guys would be so nice as to take a look at the start of my online store and give me #### it would be much appreciated!! As some of you know, I have been struggling with getting an online store up and running as I felt it did not integrate into the site that well. Anyhow, if you would not mind taking a quick look, that would be great!...Comments good and bad are welcome!

Click here to view the store...There is a link from my site as well

Thanks everyone!

Mike
Old 06-12-2003, 12:37 AM

It's looking good, I like them simple. I can tell that you're not finished yet, but I like the layout. I'd try to put a few pictures for each product, for example: The sway-a-way tacoma coil over kit, have the picture that you have on there now, then how about a picture of the entire kit its self, followed by a picture of what it makes the truck look like afterwards. Best of luck with your website, and if I need something for my truck I'll look there first!
-David
Old 06-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for taking the time...Ya I would like each product to have a pic...I just need to find some pictures of the coils...I have one, however, it shows both the coil and shock...

The Sway-A-Ways that you mentioned...that is the kit in the pic...it is not a complete front and rear kit

Thanks again my friend!

Mike
Old 06-12-2003, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

I like this format better than the last one. I am like oly and like them simple and easy to navigate.

Pictures are important to me. That is always the first thing I am hitting when researching a product. Maybe you can put up a thread asking for photos of the installed equipment people have bought from you already.

Keep up the great work!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

Two thumbs up Mike! Each time you make a change to the website it gets better and better.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Looks better. I would increase the font size. The last thing you want is people leaving the site because they cant read the small font.

Also, before and after pics are always great. QT movies for major products add excitement. For example, if you sold a complete lift/suspension system, you could show a vehicle out flexing while off-roading. You know, gets people excited. Or if you sold SC's, you could have an audio clip of the charger whine.

Those type of things. Let me know if you need a guinea pig vehicle for any products.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:38 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

i like it,,,, simple and easy to find what i was looking for, i know your looking for more pics, good job
Old 06-12-2003, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks much better.

Not sure how important the on-line store is when the man in charge will do whatever it takes to make things work though

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:14 AM

Hi Mike,

Your site looks like it will work well. Are you using Miva? Thats what I used to co build the site at my work. It is pretty good but to make it really fancy looking you still have to use html coding.
http://www.dekarrmusic.com This is our site music stuff.
Keep up the good work man. I'm sort of new around here but I'm going to need some downey rear coils soon and I plan on talking to you to get them.

Dustin
Old 06-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

The site looks great and very professional! If I had no knowledge of Yotatech and I wandered onto your sire, I would have no problem buying something from you.

If I could make a suggestion - (maybe it's because I just woke up and as such am not as quick as usual but...) I would either make the sidebar font larger as 964Runner said, and/or put the links that come up such as "coil-overs" under sway-a-way in the main window as well. When I first clicked on it, I thought there was nothing there because I didn't see that an option had dropped down on the right. Less of a problem with options such as OME shocks as there are tons of different options and it's easy to notice. Not sure if you were already planning on this but just my $.02! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Contributing Member

hey Mike,

I like the layout, but, I might suggest maybe putting the vehicle specific product links on the first page of the vehicle make instead of having to hit "Next" until you get to the vehicle model you are trying to equip. Sort of like:

Toyota:

{Link} 4Runner:
Susp.
Drivetrain
Bling-Bling
etc.
{Link} Land Cruiser
Susp.
Drivetrain
Bling-Bling
etc.
{Link} Taco
Susp.
Drivetrain
Bling-Bling
etc.
{Link} Echo {this one's a joke}
Explosives for destroying them
Neat tricks to destroy them

looks great though, I already registered on the site. expect an order for a pair of Lev-O-Gage's soon.

Last edited by keisur; 06-12-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Toyota Punk
The site looks great and very professional! If I had no knowledge of Yotatech and I wandered onto your sire, I would have no problem buying something from you.

If I could make a suggestion - (maybe it's because I just woke up and as such am not as quick as usual but...) I would either make the sidebar font larger as 964Runner said, and/or put the links that come up such as "coil-overs" under sway-a-way in the main window as well. When I first clicked on it, I thought there was nothing there because I didn't see that an option had dropped down on the right. Less of a problem with options such as OME shocks as there are tons of different options and it's easy to notice. Not sure if you were already planning on this but just my $.02! Keep up the good work!
This was my exact thought. I missed the links on the left at first glance...Other than that, keep up the great work!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks everyone for your comments...I am still tweaking it, however, it is coming along!

Anyhow, I have decided to start an affiliate program as a way to say thanks to everyone...It is not huge, however, I suppose every little bit helps!!

Also, if you decide to register for purchases, please send me an e mail letter me know you belong to YotaTech so that I can set up your discounts. Have a great one all, the store is starting to come together!!

Mike
Old 06-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Put the OME 4Runner and Tacoma coils in the front and the foreign Land Cruiser stuff at the end.

What do you sell more of? Put it at the front.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Mike, what's this affiliate deal?

I tried to register but couldn't b/c I don't have a web page.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by keisur
hey Mike,

I like the layout, but, I might suggest maybe putting the vehicle specific product links on the first page of the vehicle make instead of having to hit "Next" until you get to the vehicle model you are trying to equip. Sort of like:

Toyota:

{Link} 4Runner:
Susp.
Drivetrain
Bling-Bling
etc.
{Link} Land Cruiser
Susp.
Drivetrain
Bling-Bling
etc.
{Link} Taco
Susp.
Drivetrain
Bling-Bling
etc.
{Link} Echo {this one's a joke}
Explosives for destroying them
Neat tricks to destroy them

looks great though, I already registered on the site. expect an order for a pair of Lev-O-Gage's soon.
I'd second that suggestion.

I also noticed that if you click, for example, "old man emu" on the left you just get a page on the right that just says "old man emu" as if there was nothing there yet - it's not immediately obvious that it popped open a menu of truck makes under the old man emu heading on the left.

C

Last edited by GV27; 06-13-2003 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

I created an account and tried to login, but it wouldn't let me, saying Login Unknown. Does it just take some time to take effect or is there a problem?
Old 06-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

No problem...I have approved it...there is not link on your site though

Mike
Old 06-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Contributing Member

Talking Looking Good!

Mike,

Your site is looking nice! It's easy to follow and simple... which is nice. I agree with the suggestions posted so far. Keep up the good work! Peace.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

Mike,
Site looks better than before. Most people have already covered the issues with needing a better navigation model for the left side. It is a little easy to miss or not know what to do with the options on the left side.

I have a built a few commerce sites and can help. Email me or PM me if you want to discuss. Not soliciting business, just want to help.

Quick Reply: A Moment Of Your Time