Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Modification questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modification questions...

Please help with several questions...
1.) Considering replacing stock exhaust with Ansa Silverline exhaust with 2.5" piping followed by glasspack - what do you think?

2.) Considering adding FIPK air intake this weekend - comments?

3.) Is there any cheap way to paint my wheels black...i.e. what if I simply painted them?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1994_4Runner
Please help with several questions...
1.) Considering replacing stock exhaust with Ansa Silverline exhaust with 2.5" piping followed by glasspack - what do you think?

2.) Considering adding FIPK air intake this weekend - comments?

3.) Is there any cheap way to paint my wheels black...i.e. what if I simply painted them?

EDIT..Exhaust is always a good thing but I dunno about "Ansa Silverline go fast cause it has a cool name" exhaust? just hit a good exh shop and have them bend ya somthing up and put a magnaflow in there. Im gonna swap my flowmaster out for a magnaflow as soon as I get around to it, thay sound pretty darn good. The magnaflow is just a big glorified glass pack that has a lifetime warranty and reasonable noise lvls.

Im not crazy about the FIPK thing it seems like more of a waste of money to me.

As far as painting goes heck why not? I painted a pair of stock steel toy wheels using hammerite paint once and it turned out really nice. I took a piece of thin cardboard (chip board) and pushed it into the area around the rim between the tire and rim. it worked very well as a sheild to keep the paint off the tire. Hammerite will paint over just about anything and it looks cool too has a sort of metallic look to it. It uses some sort of glass in the paint to make it tough as hell. Probably cost ya $6 at fredddys

Last edited by Ganoid; 11-03-2004 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell us about your engine. That would be a help. You might want to consider 2.25 in exhaust instead. Browse around the board and you'll find opininions on FIPK at about 50/50 for and against. Yes you can paint your wheels. Just spend a ton of time on prep (sanding and washing/drying)
Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 PM

I've got a 2.25 exhaust system installed by the local muffler shop with a high flow cat and Dynomax muffler. I've been very happy with the setup and the neighbors don't say anything about the noise - but it sounds good to me.

I ran a Downey open air filter system for a couple of years.
http://www.downeyoff-road.com/Engine...rCleaners.html
I ended up removing it and returning to the factory equipment because it let in way too much dust.

As said before, get the wheels really clean - use a good wax and grease remover prior to painting. It's tough to get all the armor all and lube from mounting tires off the rim.