Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Mastercraft Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mastercraft Tires?

Does anyone here run a set of Mastercraft Courser A/T Tires? I have a good buddy in the tire buisness and he can get me a set of 265/70/R17 Revos for my sequoia rims for about $500 for the set. Or he can get me a set of the Mastercrafts for $316. I don't do much off-roading, but i do a lot of winter driving and backroad driving. What do you guys think...is it worth the money? or should i put the extra $200 twards my crossdrilled and slotted brakes with new calipers?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

If you can get the Revo's for $500.00, I would take it and run. I have sold a few of the Mastercrafts and they are OK, but not in the same ballpark as the Revo's.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:27 AM

FWIW... I knwo a few wheelers who swear by the mastercraft mud tires. Doesn't help you much I know, but there's a testament to mastercraft in general.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:42 AM

Mastercrafts are basically Coopers, right? A local guy near me quoted 126 each for the Courser A/T's but for that price I can get something better online I think.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, mastercrafts are cooper, I've had two sets, on my 4runner. I had the HTRs (street tread) and now the MT. I would reccomend the CT over the AT if you're looking for a more aggressive all-terrain. I'd have to dissagree with terry, I don't think Bridgestone has any edge at all on Cooper. Granted they aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

Bridgestone vs Cooper???
Thats like Toyota vs Ford??

To each his own.

Good luck.

BTW all Bridgestone/Firestone tires have a 30 day test drive. If for any reason you are unhappy, you can take them back for a full refund or try a different set of tires.

This came directly from the Bst website:

With its powerful grip and smooth ride, the Dueler A/T REVO with UNI-T AQ II is the light truck and SUV tire that's equipped for the best and worst of driving conditions. Thanks to the advanced technology, it lets you handle the wet, the dry, even the snow, as the tire wears. With its aggressive tread and sidewall design, even the look of the Dueler A/T REVO grabs attention wherever you go.

Sizes and Specifications Print Product Sheet
Innovative Tire Design - A Comprehensive Tire Design Method
This method improves handling in wet or dry conditions and reduces irregular treadwear by combining an ideal tread design, casing shape, materials and construction.
Innovative Roundness - Rounder Is Better
Rounder overall tire shape provides better balance for wet or dry handling.
Innovative Compound
Increases wear resistance by reformulating the compound for strengthing rubber.
Super EPC
Super EPC consists of advanced technologies, an Anti-Hardening Resin and Link Stabilizing Agent, to help counteract the effects of heat so tires have the flexibility needed for wet performance as they wear.
Dual Layer Tread
As the tire wears, more of the inner tread is exposed so the tire continues to have excellent grip in wet conditions.
Hydro Evacuation Surface (H.E.S.)
H.E.S. more efficiently channels water away from the tread to reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
Consistent Surface Contact (C.S.C)
C.S.C., a pattern of tread blocks designed for uniform contact pressure, improves dry and wet handling, reduces irregular wear, and results in better ride comfort.
Super EPO
Super EPO goes beyond EPO in providing wet handling as the tire wears. The interactive elements are Super EPC and an enhanced version of Dual Layer Tread.
Spiral Wrap
Spiral Wrap is a continuous nylon wrap that encircles the whole tire, helping the tire hold its original shape to improve high speed capability.

Sorry for the long post, but you need to be informed when it comes to purchasing the one thing that keeps your vehicle in contact w/ the ground.

Last edited by terryjmatthew; 10-27-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Not trying to sound like JimAbena, but I have been in the tire business for quite a while and I know Bridgestone builds a quality product and stands behind it 100%.

Unfortunately, you can't same the same thing for other tire manufacturers.

Anyone ever had problems w/ Michelin tires??
If you have, then you know what kind of customer service they have.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by terryjmatthew
Bridgestone vs Cooper???
Thats like Toyota vs Ford??

To each his own.

Good luck.

BTW all Bridgestone/Firestone tires have a 30 day test drive. If for any reason you are unhappy, you can take them back for a full refund or try a different set of tires.

This came directly from the Bst website:

With its powerful grip and smooth ride, the Dueler A/T REVO with UNI-T AQ II is the light truck and SUV tire that's equipped for the best and worst of driving conditions. Thanks to the advanced technology, it lets you handle the wet, the dry, even the snow, as the tire wears. With its aggressive tread and sidewall design, even the look of the Dueler A/T REVO grabs attention wherever you go.

Sizes and Specifications Print Product Sheet
Innovative Tire Design - A Comprehensive Tire Design Method
This method improves handling in wet or dry conditions and reduces irregular treadwear by combining an ideal tread design, casing shape, materials and construction.
Innovative Roundness - Rounder Is Better
Rounder overall tire shape provides better balance for wet or dry handling.
Innovative Compound
Increases wear resistance by reformulating the compound for strengthing rubber.
Super EPC
Super EPC consists of advanced technologies, an Anti-Hardening Resin and Link Stabilizing Agent, to help counteract the effects of heat so tires have the flexibility needed for wet performance as they wear.
Dual Layer Tread
As the tire wears, more of the inner tread is exposed so the tire continues to have excellent grip in wet conditions.
Hydro Evacuation Surface (H.E.S.)
H.E.S. more efficiently channels water away from the tread to reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
Consistent Surface Contact (C.S.C)
C.S.C., a pattern of tread blocks designed for uniform contact pressure, improves dry and wet handling, reduces irregular wear, and results in better ride comfort.
Super EPO
Super EPO goes beyond EPO in providing wet handling as the tire wears. The interactive elements are Super EPC and an enhanced version of Dual Layer Tread.
Spiral Wrap
Spiral Wrap is a continuous nylon wrap that encircles the whole tire, helping the tire hold its original shape to improve high speed capability.

Sorry for the long post, but you need to be informed when it comes to purchasing the one thing that keeps your vehicle in contact w/ the ground.

Toyota vs. Ford? I think not.(Maybe the opposite) Not to start anything, but I don't recall hearing about any Cooper recalls on ANY of their tires in the past few years...if you know what I'm talking about. From all personal experience, and friends'/family experience, the overall quality of the bridgestones has not impressed me one bit. The stuff from their website is a great sales pitch, but sounds like alot of fancy talk.....I don't know about them grabbing my attention since everybody and their brother has the stupid things. I know everybody is sold on them, but they have alot to prove to me before I'd buy em....just my two cents.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

Not trying to sound like JimAbena, but I have been in the tire business for quite a while and I know Bridgestone builds a quality product and stands behind it 100%.

Unfortunately, you can't same the same thing for other tire manufacturers.

Anyone ever had problems w/ Michelin tires??
If you have, then you know what kind of customer service they have.
Never had problems with any Michelin, my mom's on her car lasted forever, and I've heard of the LTX/M-S being one of the best LT tires out there. it comes siped already, great all season, quiet ride, and long life.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member

You're right, I don't know anything about tires, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

You're right, I don't know anything about tires, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Banned

This man knows EVERYTHING about tires. he has helped me TONS
Old 10-27-2005, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by bob200587
Never had problems with any Michelin, my mom's on her car lasted forever, and I've heard of the LTX/M-S being one of the best LT tires out there. it comes siped already, great all season, quiet ride, and long life.
I have the LTXs they last and are quiet but in the snow..........
Old 10-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

wow...sooo i guess the revos are worth it...well we will see how the finances hold out....
Old 10-29-2005, 05:49 AM

I have Coopers on my rig...265/70R/16's. They're fine but nothing special. Decent dry and snow traction. Although they're getting much louder with 40k miles and will either replace them with Revo's or the Firestone Destination M/T's.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

destination M/Ts are one of the loudest tires I've ever heard....
Old 10-29-2005, 11:30 AM

I have about 10,000 miles on my 33" Mastercraft MTs and I love them. I was a littke skeptical before I bought them but I am quite happy with my purchase.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bob200587
destination M/Ts are one of the loudest tires I've ever heard....
???????
Old 10-29-2005, 07:33 PM

mastercraft m/t's have worked great for me and i'll buy em again.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

???????

they're louder than mine....

Quick Reply: Mastercraft Tires?