Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Low Cost Toyota Auto tranny upgrade(tacoma/4runner) S/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Cost Toyota Auto tranny upgrade(tacoma/4runner) S/C

Hi All, my name is Calvin, I have a doublecab with an auto tranny with the S/C, wish toyota would have made a stick, but can't always get what you want. After reading the supercharger authority, Gadget's section on tranny upgrade, my tranny began to scare me. Since I can not afford the $700 job Level Ten does, which I am sure is excellent, I began looking for alternatives. There is a company out there name TransGo, they make a do-it-yourself valvebody upgrades for $100-$130 including a installation video. They do not make a kit for the Toyota's and the Jeeps yet, so I am trying to convince them. Check this out: http://www.txchange.com/transgo.htm for info on the kits they make.
I called them yesterday, I found out they're based right around my back yard, not literally but about 20 min away from I live in LA; I spoke to a gentleman there, and he told me that Transgo has been considering making kit for the 4runners and Tacomas, I believe is the A340e or A340s tranny(sharing the same with some Cherokee's), correct me if I am wrong please. The gentleman asked me to write a letter to the boss requesting it specifically, thats what I will do, but I am hoping to get possibly a petition from users on this forum who are intersted(I will post this on a few others as well) and send it in with the letter, our chances of getting a kit is very good. Note: Since our trannies are much more complicated than the dosmetic ones, the kits will probably be more expensive, but I'd imagine the cost would be much less than the level 10. If you're intersted/possible, please e-mail me with e-mail/subject title:

-Toyota Transmission Upgrade

And in the body:

-Your name
-Any Transmission problem you may have experienced due to the increase of power from the S/C.

to: lifeizcool@aol.com

OR just post it in this thread and I'll copy it out.

I will compile e-mails addresses, names, problems and enclose it with the letter, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Calvin

Last edited by Lazybummm; 11-21-2002 at 10:20 PM.