Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lift, and New tires Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift, and New tires Installed

Well I guess I can finally post these pics finished it up last week from the before pics it's been lifted 5" but a lot of that was due to sag, so I would guesstimate it's about a 2-3" lift, the Tires are 265 75 15 Toyo Open Country A/T's they ride freaking awesome millage might have dropped 30km's per tank with the larger tires.

Heres the pics:

Before:

Old Leafs Top New on Bottom:

After Lift:

After removing the Cap:

Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 PM

ya please keep the cap off it looks way better without it... that is the worst looking topper i have ever seen. lol but the lift and tires look good!!

bobby
Old 07-04-2008, 05:34 PM

The top goes back on for winter, keeps the snow out of the bed, and gives it some weight out back so it's more for function rather than looks.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not bad, and I love the avatar, i see you are an RX7 owner as well, i bet most people see that avatar and go " what the heck is that funny triangle thingy???"

I just got my first one last week for $500 and just about got it running today, an 87 NA.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM

HAHA dude I noticed the name over on RX7 club i was going to ask if it was you in that thread, if you need any help let me know, I know them like the back of my hand, I am on MSN all the time, PM me for that info.

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

LOL, thats funny. I tried to put my avata on that site but it won't allow GIF's. I might need to convert it to a jepg and lose the cool animated part of it.

And yeah, i can always use help. Check PM's.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
ya please keep the cap off it looks way better without it... that is the worst looking topper i have ever seen. lol but the lift and tires look good!!

bobby
LoL no kidding. Looks good man!!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Where'd ya get the lift from? I read the post and didn't seem to see the maker.
Thanks, Phil
Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by phildelfino
Where'd ya get the lift from? I read the post and didn't seem to see the maker.
Thanks, Phil
Pieced it together myself, had the springs custom made, and the rear are Bilstein 5150's, the front has Bilstein HD's I installed back in the Fall, the spacers I got off eBay, from some place in Utah, or something.

In Canada we are limited on parts due to UPS raping us on shipping, one place wanted 450 just to ship the rear leafs, and 450 for the leafs them selfs, these springs cost me 500 with new Ubolts built just for me, all the leaves are about 1mm thicker than the factory.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wheres the flex pics?

I see you made it to the loading dock!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
Wheres the flex pics?

I see you made it to the loading dock!
Oh their coming, just takes some time, for me summer is more about driving the RX7, but I will get some flex pics eventually.

Trying to find proper Offroad trials around here is harder than I thought, right now I'm just screwing around on the Power Line roads that they use to maintain the Transmission lines, some nice mud holes to play in, but I refuse to play in the deep stuff without a buddy there.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice to see a taco without blocks, i dont think ive ever seen one here in utah with a spring lift. looks good.

Last edited by algranger; 07-06-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:20 PM

lol funny... 3 guys that own 7's and yota's.. guess its a good combination.. i own an 84 GSL.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4RKidd
lol funny... 3 guys that own 7's and yota's.. guess its a good combination.. i own an 84 GSL.
LOL, that is funny, i just picked up another RX7 today actually, an 86 TII but the guy parted the engine and tranny out a few weeks ago :-( Still got everything else, now to decied, Install Turbo? Drop a V8 in itor steal the parts and get my 87 NA running to mostly TII parts.

It also came with free S5 tails :-)
Old 07-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by algranger
nice to see a taco without blocks, i dont think ive ever seen one here in utah with a spring lift. looks good.
Thanks, I can't stand doing things half way like that, if I have to remove the springs for blocks why not install brand new leafs? Just makes sense to me

Originally Posted by 4RKidd
Very good combo, you need to RX7 to allow you work on a car, otherwise your tools would never get used lol. I'm currently helping a buddy build a '83 GS with a Street port, and 48MM Webers, should be a monster for sure!

Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
LOL, that is funny, i just picked up another RX7 today actually, an 86 TII but the guy parted the engine and tranny out a few weeks ago :-( Still got everything else, now to decied, Install Turbo? Drop a V8 in itor steal the parts and get my 87 NA running to mostly TII parts.

It also came with free S5 tails :-)
RX7's are addictive because you always need parts, and they keep you busy, I'm sure at this point I could have my Auto Technician's Ticket by now with all the work I have put into it!

While my sig says I have an '86 TII it's really a base (American GTU) in converted to a TII, the real '86 TII's are extremely rare as they were just '87's sold in late '86.

Turbo Rx7's are incredibly fun, but a V8 in one would be crazy awesome!! (www.grannysspeedshop.com) for the swap parts.

There is no advantage to running N/A with TII components, only difference would be the rear end if the tranny is gone, the electronics won't swap over, if they will they usually make it run like a bag of flaming dog poop.

Now that I have turned this into an RX7 thread all the others won't understand what I am saying lol.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM

Truck looks good..How is the ride now compared to before ???
Old 07-06-2008, 08:08 PM

The ride is fairly firm, before the springs were so counter arched it wasn't even funny, this made the ride sloppy, if I hit an expansion joint on a bridge it would sway back and forth, doesn't sway at all now. It's firm but too firm; but I am used to my RX7.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:48 PM

looks awesome! that's a huge change!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, i know what you mean.

By swaping the parts over i am talking about the 5 lug driveline parts, rear LSD diff and then a bunch of little things i need to put my car backtogether (it was sitting for 2 years and people stole a bunch of little things off of it.)

Now heres the kicker, i just found an MR2 today for dirt cheap (my other small car love). So if i can round up the $$$ i am going to try to talk my way into that as well.

So i go from my truck 2 weeks ago to possibly my truck, 2 RX7's and an MR2 inside 2 weeks, go figure...lol
Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
Yeah, i know what you mean.

By swaping the parts over i am talking about the 5 lug driveline parts, rear LSD diff and then a bunch of little things i need to put my car backtogether (it was sitting for 2 years and people stole a bunch of little things off of it.)

Now heres the kicker, i just found an MR2 today for dirt cheap (my other small car love). So if i can round up the $$$ i am going to try to talk my way into that as well.

So i go from my truck 2 weeks ago to possibly my truck, 2 RX7's and an MR2 inside 2 weeks, go figure...lol
You can't just swap the rear ends unfortunately... well actually you can, you need to use the flange from the n/a diff on the TII diff for the drive shaft, the drive shaft bolt patterns are different on the TII, and N/As...

On and that was my little secret, so don't tell too many people lol.

Last edited by Nismo Convert; 07-07-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Lift, and New tires Installed