Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lift kit for 97 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift kit for 97 4Runner

hey anybody know what company makes a lift kit for a 97 4Runner if you do please reply i would be very thankful if there are no options i may just try to make one
Old 05-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Contributing Member

Revtek, Daystar...

Do a search, lifts have been discussed endlessly on this forum.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Depends how crazy you want to go with it. I got OME springs and bilstein shocks on my rig. It rides pretty taught, but I like it. Gives a more responsive feel when you drive, and you get 2.5inches out of it. Heres a pic.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Contributing Member

go to my website
I have performance products springs. IMHO it rides a lot better than it did in stock form
Old 05-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by turboale
Depends how crazy you want to go with it. I got OME springs and bilstein shocks on my rig. It rides pretty taught, but I like it. Gives a more responsive feel when you drive, and you get 2.5inches out of it. Heres a pic.
Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is there a rainbow on the bottom of your rig..
Old 05-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

don't bother making one... there are abundant parts available for your 4runner

Depending on how much you want to spend will determine what kind of setup you want. Also what you plan to do w/ your 4runner will determine somewhat on what kind of setup you want to ultimately get.

Give us some info on $$ and also what you want to do and we'll be able to help you out.

If you plan to get any parts, give Mike at http://www.xtremeoff-road.com/ a shot as he's a fellow yota member here and supports all of us in one way or another He'll be able to guide you in the right direction.

Lance
Old 05-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Contributing Member

Wow, I had never noticed that!! Crap... and I really liked that picture too! Just so you know, there is not a rainbow there... its just the crappy sprint camera I used to take the pic
Old 05-14-2003, 10:39 AM

thank you for all your info i have been lookingfor a mild lift but there is one road block

MY DAD:cry:
Old 05-14-2003, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Are they worried about the flipping thing or something. My mom was worried about that too. Too bad she will probably not even notice my truck is lifted. That is... unless it won't filt in the garage now. Hum...
Old 05-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by turboale
Wow, I had never noticed that!! Crap... and I really liked that picture too! Just so you know, there is not a rainbow there... its just the crappy sprint camera I used to take the pic
sure, sure hee hee

toyotaguy97: I told my parents that the rear was bottoming out when there were passengers in back (which is the truth). Since this is before the rear spring recall, I told them that I didn't feel safe driving it around like that. So they bought me the pp springs!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:21 PM

I dont' really want to start a new topic, since this question probably has been asked a thousand times already....

I have 2001 4Runner SR5 and while I really like it the way it is right now, sometimes when I tow ATW or a small boat, the rear seems to sag. Same thing goes when I put something heavy in the rear. So here is my question.

If I'll get the following, will I solve the sagging problem, and at the same time gain 2" or so lift? Or will I need to get something else? Here are the parts:

Performance Products 1 Inch Lift Springs, Set of 4
Bilstein Shocks, Heavy Duty - Front Pair
Bilstein Shocks, Heave Duty - Rear Pair

Thank you in advance,
-- Andrey

Last edited by Andrey; 06-12-2003 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

if you get some HD springs, it will help, but any load will sag the rear coils.

maybe you should look at the adjustable air bag setup.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:21 PM

Yeah, my biggest concern for lifting my 97 is the garage issue. I live right in downtown Sac and there is resident street parking permits but it is still kinda sketchy to leave a nice rig all night. Does anyone know if that whole OME spring reversal issue got worked out or are we still to assume that they can't label properly for the US?
Old 06-13-2003, 03:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Andrey
I dont' really want to start a new topic, since this question probably has been asked a thousand times already....

I have 2001 4Runner SR5 and while I really like it the way it is right now, sometimes when I tow ATW or a small boat, the rear seems to sag. Same thing goes when I put something heavy in the rear. So here is my question.

If I'll get the following, will I solve the sagging problem, and at the same time gain 2" or so lift? Or will I need to get something else? Here are the parts:

Performance Products 1 Inch Lift Springs, Set of 4
Bilstein Shocks, Heavy Duty - Front Pair
Bilstein Shocks, Heave Duty - Rear Pair

Thank you in advance,
-- Andrey
I had the same problem with my stock springs. Everytime I loaded up the rear of the rig, it would sag. I didn't even dare to pull anything with those weak springs.

I then put on the PP 1" springs. From my personal experience, I have pulled a boat, trailer (loaded with sheetrock, wood and other construction material), and haven't had any sagging issues. All you need is some stiffer rear springs (maybe shocks, but I am still running the stock Tokio's) and you should be fine.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by SLC Punk
I had the same problem with my stock springs. Everytime I loaded up the rear of the rig, it would sag. I didn't even dare to pull anything with those weak springs.

I then put on the PP 1" springs. From my personal experience, I have pulled a boat, trailer (loaded with sheetrock, wood and other construction material), and haven't had any sagging issues. All you need is some stiffer rear springs (maybe shocks, but I am still running the stock Tokio's) and you should be fine.
Are these the springs?
Performance Products 1 Inch Lift Springs

So, in other words, just adding these springs will make my 4Runner more or less leveled and under moderate load it will not sag too much? Will these 1 inch lift springs fit in the place of factory springs?

Will I need to get any additional tools or parts to install these springs? How difficult is the install?

Thanks again,
-- Andrey

Last edited by Andrey; 06-13-2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Andrey
Are these the springs?
Performance Products 1 Inch Lift Springs

So, in other words, just adding these springs will make my 4Runner more or less leveled and under moderate load it will not sag too much? Will these 1 inch lift springs fit in the place of factory springs?

Will I need to get any additional tools or parts to install these springs? How difficult is the install?

Thanks again,
-- Andrey
Get the set of four springs. Then your truck will be lifted evenly all around. I think the link you gave me was only for the rear (which were made for the 2nd gen 4Runners)

Mine barely sagged (maybe 1/2 inch) when it was loaded up with the construction equipment. The trailer is one of those cut off 3/4 ton chevy truck beds (don't laugh, its my grandpa's). The leaf springs on the trailer were almost maxed out. So those springs were strong enough for me!

The springs replace your factory springs. I didn't personally do my install but I which I wish I had done, but I had finals. All you need is a good spring compressor (Autozone rents these for free) and your sockets, wrenches, etc.

I have installed springs on a two civic's and my old 94 Ranger, I imagine that the front struts (civic's)can't be much different from the 4Runners, and those car's were easy.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Del

thank you for all your info i have been lookingfor a mild lift but there is one road block

MY DAD:cry:
Ditto. He's worried that it won't sell as good if it's lifted, but I DONT WANNA SELL IT!