Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lift Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Help

Hey guys, I am looking for some help here, I have a 99 Limited and want to fit 33's. I cannot find anywhere (maybe I am looking in the wrong place) exactly what trim-line came with the taller springs in 99. I am considering a 2.5"-3" OME lift, if I have the tall springs, would that mean the OME lift would only give me 1.5"-2"? If this is the case, maybe a body lift and or spacers are the answer? Thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:04 AM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
You will need both a suspension lift to get the 2", a 1" or 2" body lift, and 10" wide rims to safely support the 33" tire and a different offset so the tires don't hit the frame or the upper control arm. I run 33 x 12.5 -16R with Sonoran Steels lift and Roger Browns 2" body lift on a SR5, a Limited might be a little harder to stuff a 33" tire, so maybe don't go as wide as I did.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:25 PM

It all depends on what you're doing. If you're just cruising/want "the look", don't go buying the crazy stuff, get a Rough Country or something like that. If your doing trails, thats a whole different story, and for this application, don't do it half-a**ed. I personally run a toytec ultimate kit on my '99 and love the adjustability/heavy coils on it. I would think about the OME for a little, I have it on my tacoma and trust me, that sucker has sagged quite a bit in the year I've had it. Sonoran Steel is awesome so consider what Malcolm99 said too.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:10 AM
cwm

Originally Posted by HELL4CIOUS
It all depends on what you're doing. If you're just cruising/want "the look", don't go buying the crazy stuff, get a Rough Country or something like that. If your doing trails, thats a whole different story, and for this application, don't do it half-a**ed. I personally run a toytec ultimate kit on my '99 and love the adjustability/heavy coils on it. I would think about the OME for a little, I have it on my tacoma and trust me, that sucker has sagged quite a bit in the year I've had it. Sonoran Steel is awesome so consider what Malcolm99 said too.
I put a Rough country lift on my '97 recently and wouldnt want to take it for serious off roading (But I live in an area with no difficult terrain, and simply needed to lift for aesthetic and often flood crossings, so no issue there). However, i do think that they are taking steps to be more competitive in the "moderate" level offroad community.
The kit i received was far superior to the ads or instruction video on Youtube. Granted, it is still just a spacer in the front, but it is no longer the welded stamped metal that was advertised, because i got a heavy, milled, solid billet aluminum spacer that i have high confidence in not cracking or collapsing. Also, the rear springs are about twice the thickness of stock and the 2.0 shocks that came with it are apparently recently reengineered in the same manner as the more expensive companies (that quote concerning 2.0's was from the owner of a local offroad shop, whom i neither purchased the kit from, nor installed my kit, nor had any reason to upsell the product, as they focus on higher end products.)
If youre not heavy off roading, save yourself some coin.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:12 PM
cwm

Originally Posted by HELL4CIOUS
I put a Rough country lift on my '97 recently and wouldnt want to take it for serious off roading (But I live in an area with no difficult terrain, and simply needed to lift for aesthetic and often flood crossings, so no issue there). However, i do think that they are taking steps to be more competitive in the "moderate" level offroad community.
The kit i received was far superior to the ads or instruction video on Youtube. Granted, it is still just a spacer in the front, but it is no longer the welded stamped metal that was advertised, because i got a heavy, milled, solid billet aluminum spacer that i have high confidence in not cracking or collapsing. Also, the rear springs are about twice the thickness of stock and the 2.0 shocks that came with it are apparently recently reengineered in the same manner as the more expensive companies (that quote concerning 2.0's was from the owner of a local offroad shop, whom i neither purchased the kit from, nor installed my kit, nor had any reason to upsell the product, as they focus on higher end products.)
If youre not heavy off roading, save yourself some coin.