Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

LC Pro Air Fuel Tuning Module and 22 R-TE Expert Advise needed Update!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LC Pro Air Fuel Tuning Module and 22 R-TE Expert Advise needed Update!

Howdy I have a few questions trying to trouble shot a random miss.

1. A while back I got a LC Pro Air Fuel Tuning module to help me find out what is causing my miss and hooked it up, when I cranked it rich my rpm did go up another 200 to 300 rpm like the instructions says needless to say did not help my miss out, and was told to take it off. The way my Truck sits now without the LC Pro Tuning module a mechanic today told me my truck is running way rich from looking at my new muffler (I am getting 12miles a gallon, oh what a feeling) and has a random erractic miss in the tail pipe he seems to think some kind of ignition problem anyhow what a thought was odd is I hooked up my LC Pro Tunning module and when I move it from far lean to Rich there is no jump or change in RPM like there was a few months ago, just a tiny audible change in tail pipe when cranking it to the far Lean position? Any ideas what this is trying to tell me? Also in cold morning I get no increase in RPM like I use too, I thought it was
new cold start injector pulled it off started it in cold mourning and she sprays fine. I blocked the hole with a plate and injector shuts off nice too and no dribbles? What else controls the high rev in cold mournings?

2. Also he pulled the vaccum line off I think the fuel regulator towards rear of engine by the fuel rail, and was surprised that the idle did not increase at all, he was not sure what it meant but thought it was odd? Any ideas or maybe this is normal?

3. Can I put the Tube that goes from the 22 RE engine from the MAF to the intake, and put it on
the 22 R-TE MAF to the intake and bypass Turbo to see if the problem causing miss is down there?
Also seen some vaccum tubes down by the Turbo hooked to waste gate maybe the mechanic reversed somthing down there or a part is malfunctioning to give me a miss?

4. My dad seems to think that my problems are coming from the LC EFI Pro Head, mild Cam and the LC rocker assembly. Well could I use a 22R engine long block with 22 R head just for diagnostic
purpose too see if miss goes away?

I am no mechanic I hope my ideas are not to far out there, I am going to get a used ignitor, distributor before I throw the towel in and convert to a 22R engine. Maybe down the road and when I have more funds I can find a good running 22 RE that has been totaled or rolled and be able to narrow down what the hell has caused this 1 year old nightmare.

Thanks for any ideas or info!