Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Introduction, advice and such welcome

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introduction, advice and such welcome

Hey ya'll, I didn't see an intro thread section but I could have missed it, any way, I am Tye, I live currently in Germany. Originaly from San Antonio TX. I am married with 3 kids,(I may reference them from time to time), I love my 4Runner, I have about $2k in the audio system, my #1 hobby, I haven't put too much into performace mods and such. Usually I am pretty busy working on the audio, but I plan to do some wk on the outer appearace soon. I want to get some new head and tail lights. And I need either a replacement bumper or a nice new one for the rear. Paint whenever I return to the states(German prices FTL) and possibly exhaust. Looking for advice on easy upgrades as I am at a tool/shop deficit until I get the 4runner stateside.

Here's a pic (the only one i have right now)

And a little vid so you know what I am about with my sound system,(before my new amps)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDwnxjt4ek

All advice and whatever ya'll have to throw at me is more than welcome!! Thanks

Tye

Edit:I forgot to add I can't decide to lift it or lower it and put 22"s or so on it, that was my main point of making a thread and I forgot to ask. Its going to be a long process, probably pay for whatever I do with the taxes I get back every year but I at least want to come to some sort of desicion. It squats anyway due to the added 7 cubic feet of box and amps in the back let me know what you all think

Last edited by mytyeerinpie; 10-10-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lift or Drop is a matter of personal preferance. On this forum it's more off road geared so your likely to get more replies saying lift it and put Mud on it. I've only seen a few lowered 4runners I like but if you do it right they look sick. As for the headlights I'd keep a look out for some 99-02 headlights. They look much cleaner. And for tails I'd get some LED tails off e-bay. They look OEM and are pretty good quality. I have a pair and love them, the price was right to. less than 200 for the pr shipped. Performance I'd get a magnaflow muffler and do the deckplate and ISR mod. If you do a search you'll find plenty of info on those.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Cool thanks for all the info I will look in to the headlights. I saw a 4runner on cardomain and the guy painted them black around the round part and they looked super clean. I would like to find out how to do that if anyone has any info on it.

I have only seen two lowered I think but I was thinking with some airbags and 22"s it would look really sick.I know this is more of an offroading type forum, and that is also my backround, but with all the added wieght of the audio stuff I thought lowered might be better....
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 PM

n v m

Last edited by mytyeerinpie; 10-09-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mytyeerinpie
Wow, way to make a new member feel welcome, I have registered on quite a few other forums before and everytime at least recieved a welcome, or a question here, and there maybe a thanks for joining the forum. How is it that after 41 views only one person gives advice to a noob? I am really suprised, that with all the knowledge and expierience on this board no one has anything to say.
Welcome to YT.

You might have better luck with saying hello here:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f151/

Probably a good idea to read through this one as well:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f121/welcome-yt-142459/

I think if you ask more specific questions, or search and see if they have already been answered... you will be more satisfied with your YotaTech experience.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
welcome. i like sound too i got 2 12" subs about 4 months ago and inow have the disease it just keeps getting biggerand better keep us updated withpics
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Elvota
Welcome to YT.

You might have better luck with saying hello here:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f151/

Probably a good idea to read through this one as well:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f121/welcome-yt-142459/

I think if you ask more specific questions, or search and see if they have already been answered... you will be more satisfied with your YotaTech experience.

Thanks dude, I just wanted a wide range of opinions and thats why I stated the OP like that. Appreciate the links I looked around a little but the board is so massive I guess those got lost, thanks again
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by algranger
welcome. i like sound too i got 2 12" subs about 4 months ago and inow have the disease it just keeps getting biggerand better keep us updated withpics

Hey I am selling the 15's if you are interested, I was going to start a for sale thread but intrest seemed more toward off road, stuff. PM if interested, I have plenty of references on some other forums
Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 AM

bump because I fixed the video link!!!! yay check it out