Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Installing W/M Injection

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing W/M Injection

Need pump mounting ideas for a water meth injection install. Figure I'd ask before trying to re-invent the wheel.

Gonna use the washer res as the tank, and need the pump below it some how. Curious where other have chosen as the pump mount point.

Went with a Coolingmist stage 2 kit with no tank.

Water Injection Methanol Injection Alcohol Injection Coolingmist

You guys using the -20 washer fluid? I looked for -30 and can't seem to find it anymore.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good call on the WMI. Unfortunately I was spraying 100% meth from a 3 gallon tank Devil's Own tank I mounted in place of the stock airbox. The pump was below it on the inside of the fender... this was a 2nd gen 4runner so YMMV. I can find -30* but it's seasonal.

I'm going to hook up my meth kit on my 1st gen DC turbo Tacoma and use the stock windshield reservoir too. I'm going to pull the front bumper off and mount it- there's a place to put it on the passenger side behind bumper.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
You don't need to mount the pump below it as long as you have a check valve. I wouldn't use the factory washer fluid tank or you'll be opening your hood more than ever filling it up 3 times before you fill your fuel tank. Research says a little water goes a long way in producing the same power and saving money on Methyl Hydrate, 60% meth / 40% deionized water is suppose to be the sweet spot. I was told to never use Smurf piss due to the detergents and other impurities added to the brew some even contain teflon now. My set up is on a turbo 2.0L with 1 nozzle and a boost solenoid set to turn on at 10psi-30psi and a 5L rear washer reservoir and I have to fill it 3 times for every tank of gas and pure meth has tripled in price since 2007 when I installed my Devils own kit. I have a full standalone EPROM ECU for data logging.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:52 AM

I'll look in to a check valve, but my system runs off a solenoid, not sure if that matters.

You must use a lot of meth. Reports are typically one windshield res full per tank. I'm only running about 9psi on my TRD SC. I'll have it come on at 5psi and increase as needed to get the desired AFR. Shooting for 12.0.

Detergents in the blue stuff are definitely a no go. You have to get the stuff that doesn't foam when shaken, supposedly it works fine. I'll test and let everyone know how I do.

Last edited by Speedy; 01-13-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 PM

Got the kit installed. With the solenoid, no need for a check valve. Solenoid holds the fluid.

I've just barely started tuning it, but WOW what a difference. Wish I had done this long ago.