Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Inland Truck 4th Gen Control Arm Update

Old 02-17-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inland Truck 4th Gen Control Arm Update

Hey all-

Just thought I would let you all know what is going on with this whole situation. I mailed off my stock arms to Inland last week, and they just finished the new ones today. Lance was able to drive down and get them test fitted onto his rig and they came out great...so far he and I have the only 2 sets out there, but they should be available to the rest of you very soon. Inland was extremely happy with how they came out, and the new arms clear Lance's coil-overs, as the stock arms did not at full droop...mine arrive tomorrow, as well as my new CV boot, so the whole front end suspension overhaul will be back together with about 1" more lift. The rear should be done on thurs, with lift adjustability thru airbags from 5"-7" of total lift. The 315's should clear fine now, and I have a pan hard drop bracket in the works, so all should be done soon. I would recommend Inland Trucks to everyone, as they have been killer to work with.

Billy
Old 02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Dang Billy...you are gonna have one NICE rig when you're through with that thing! Congrats man!

Fink
Old 02-17-2004, 06:57 PM

Man, the only thing that goes through my mind is that song "insane in the membrane, insane in the brain!"

You guys are awesome
Old 02-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

As an aside...I can't say enough about Inland. They're some of the nicest people I've dealt with. I called them this morning about their having sent me two passenger side control arms and they're overnighting me the new arm for tomorrow. Al-be-it, probably the right thing to do, but they were more than willing to accomodate the request do to their error and were more than appologetic.

Bill
(I'm not spelling well tonight, and I'm not spell checking this)
Old 02-17-2004, 07:42 PM

Fink and FT-

Thanks guys...just trying to see what these 4th gen's are capable of...as well as hoping to make it easier for the rest of you when you are ready to build yours up. Like Bill stated, the guys at Inland Trucks are awesome...they work very quick and have been extremely attentive. I think they even helped Biff put his coil spacers on the other day. I'll have a bunch of pics this weekend...keep up this place rollin ya'll...thanks.

Billy
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Billy:

When you get a chance as soon as FedEX arrives at your doorstep, can you please take a picture of the stock arm and the ATS arm side-by-side as well as a top down shot of ATS arm on top of the stock arm? I forgot to tell em to do that for me so I can keep some records of the changes in size to better ejumacate the other 4th genners out there I'd take pics but that means I gotta take mine apart and since I know you'll be getting them tomorrow it'll be easier!

Thanks

btw, you'll love em....
Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 PM

Lance-

Hey, great to hear that you were able to work your runner into this deal...sounds like they came out killer. It is nice assurance for me as well to have them fitted to your rig instead of just hoping they work out thru the mail...I owe you one...thanks. One prob on the pics of the arms...i am having the new ones overnighted so i get them tomorrow, but the stockers are going regular ground, so they will hit early next week. My rig has been on blocks for almost 2 weeks now after all the the suspension changes, and once the arms hit tomorrow they are gonna go right on the rig...tired of making my friends taxi me everywhere. My new custom rear setup will be done tomorrow as well, so I am gonna spend the evening putting everything back together.

Here is what I can offer. I'll take pics of the Inland Arms with a measuring tape in a bunch of different directions, and then do the same to my stock arms once they arrive. I know everyone will be wanting to see these things, but I really need my runner back and cant afford to wait until next tues or wed for the stockers to arrive. If you have any other ideas let me know. Again, thanks for helping me with this one...can't wait to see mine.

Billy
Old 02-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

Billy:

I'm one step ahead of ya. They're both going FedEX Next Day for ya So you'll get both of them in one box so you'll be able to take abunch of quick pictures from all the different angles
Old 02-17-2004, 09:17 PM

Lance-

Hey, what can I say to that...thanks a ton bro...much appreciated. You'll get all the pics you can handle now...though we all may be nuts on the amount of money we spend on this forum, one thing is for sure...there is not a better group of people in this world that I know of...I'm always doing favors for others, so when someone helps me out...it just isn't expected to say the least. Lance, you are one cool mother˟˟˟˟˟˟er. Pics will arrive tomorrow afternoon...(still shaking my head)...I really owe ya now...have a good night all.

Billy