Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I'm not a violent person, but....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I'm not a violent person, but....

At some point this past weekend somebody hit my 4Runner and took off without owning up to what they had done. I swear if I ever find out who did this I'll do everything I can to make sure they spend the rest of their life with severe a limp.
I went to dinner & a movie Friday night, then a few stores on Saturday. Never saw anything wrong until Sunday when I went out with my girlfriend. That's when she saw a fairly large rub mark on the rear passenger corner of the truck. It's obvious someone in a yellow vehicle was pulling into or out of a parking space, cut it too close and hit me. They didn't stick around to confess the damage, didn't even leave contact info. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people these days that they have absolutely NO respect for other people's property...I have a strong feeling it was some stupid punk in a POS beater that doesn't gives two ˟˟˟˟˟s about anything.
Sorry about the rant, I'm not looking for sympathy I just needed to vent and knew you guys would understand. Worse things have happened to good people but this is my first time dealing with a hit & run and I can't even explain how furious I am! I spent a long time saving up so I could have a nice new vehicle, and now less than 5 months later some A$$ who doesn't know how to drive comes along and messes it up. :cry: Fortunately the bumper is plastic, so it's not dented and it won't rust on me while I save up to have it repaired.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
-Scott
Old 08-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about it Scott.

It seems like it isn't worth having anything nice anymore! Either it gets damaged or stolen!!
Old 08-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll hold em...

What's even worse is when you see them coming to hit you, can't move out of the way, and they hit you hard enough to disable your vehicle and you don't get a license plate number and they never get caught! All these folks around who saw it but no one bothered to stop and give me a license plate number! To top it off I was driving my mother's car to get it filled up with gas while my dad was in the hospital recovering from major surgery. Talk about being PI$$ED off! I know your pain!!!

Great thing about it though, car's can be repaired or replaced and no one was injured, so be thankful you weren't driving and someone hit you and injured you and/or your girlfriend!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:35 AM

the silent man sorry so hear i feel your pain the broke into mine last week. I got some asshole parked right on my rhino hitch step as we speak. People just plain suck!

Chris
Old 08-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, Scott. I witnessed an incident like yours. While sitting in my FJ100 in a grocery store lot, some lady came out with a full cart and hammered the side of a new car so badly that it put a huge dent in the door. She loaded and left in a hurry, but not before I wrote down here plate #. I left a note for the unlucky owner. Their insurance agent called me weeks later and said the plate was stolen off of another car, not the old beater Cadillac I saw! The lazy guy then asked me to come into his office and give a statement. I told him to do his job and come to me for a statement. He couldn't be bothered. And our rates go up.

Then a couple of weeks ago, same scenario except I'd just pulled into a space. Another lady pulled into a spot a few away until she bashed the bumper of the car in front of her, rocking it! I thought she'd take off, but even worse she backed up a bit, got out of her car and went shopping without even looking at any potential damage. It was as if she thinks that what bumpers are for. Aaargh.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the supports guys! I guess I should be happy that it wasn't a serious accident and that the damage done was nothing more than paint. The only thing that really bothers me is that the person wouldn't take responsibility for what they did. I used to get mad at people that park their cars so that they take up two spaces, but now I understand where they're coming from!

Impulsebrklyn: Sorry to hear about the break in, looked like you had a lot of time and money put into your system. Too bad there isn't a practical way to install surveillance cameras in our vehicles so we could catch the people that do things like that!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry...

But it can happen to anyone and the reaction is always the same. Rage
BT17R has the best idea we could all try. If you see this, try to get the vehicle data...make, model, driver, occupants. The more the better. and then report it, either to the owner via a note, or to the security company responsible for the location, like a shopping mall. At the least, this info may help the owner with his insurance claim. At best, some coward has to face up to his responsibilities. Never try to restrain a driver who has done this. The vehicle doing the damage is either stolen, uninsured or a POS and all that coward driver wants to do is flee.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:38 AM

Karma - everything that you do comes back to you! Translation: the person(s) that did this to you will get what's coming to them - you probably won't be there to witness it, but it WILL happen!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:41 AM

Silent, Sorry to hear that happened. Will your insurance fix the damage if you tell them the situation that it was a hit and run?

I have also witnessed this type of thing. I was waiting for my girlfriend at her work. I watch this woman pile her 4 kids into her car ( a big ole caddy boat!!) and as she is trying to back up she plows into the car behind her. Without skipping a beat she puts into drive and starts to leave. So I think to myself, I cant believe this! I backed my truck up to get into her way so she would stop. I think she only stopped because it was a big F-350 i was in! I got out and asked her "Uh, miss, were you going to leave any contact information on the vehicle you just back into, because from here it looks like there is some significant bumper damage?" She had the nerve to tell me she just wanted to get out of the way of oncoming traffic (she was so kind ). After she left her info, I went over and left my version of her info and never heard from either insurance company....

It feels good to help people out sometimes!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:43 AM

First of all , sorry to hear about the damage ...people DO SUCK for the most part !! Check this out. I am a production supervisor at a medium size factory. We have roughly 500 people who work there , and everyone mostly knows everybody else. Anyways , one of my guys goes to the parking lot and notices another car parked against his '99 Audi. He waited to see who it was , and it was a guy who works in another department. He came in late and still drunk from the night before !! Didnt even realize he hit my guy's car !!! If it would have been 15 minutes later , the asshole who hit the car would have left and never owned up to hitting the Audi. I wanted to have him fired , but there was no evidence except hearsay by then. Luckily , he paid for the Audi to be fixed. You're not safe anywhere.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Banned

Red face

I scraped another guys car once in my old truck` . It was pretty dumb and embarrsing, looking for a cd, the damage wasn't severe. I did look around for the guy to tell him and exchange info, but to no avail. I left a note for the owner on his windshield and got a call about an hour or so later. Guy was pretty pissed, wich I can understand we met up and looked at damage and I agreed to buy him a new bumper, only damage, he lightened up quite a bit after that. Then he actually thanked me for owning up to it!!! What else can you do???
Old 08-04-2003, 12:30 PM

Sorry to hear that, I would be pi.ssed. Is it just yellow paint 'transferred' to your bumper? I do touch up and a lot of times, corner 'dings' are fixed with some lacquer thinner (wipe fast) a mild compound rubbing and some polish(not wax)...if not too deep into the paint, can't tell.
My experience was with my cherry '68 Datsun wagon. I've always been anal and my vehicles always look nice, I take care. Anywho I park at Kmart, just in front of the entrance...I come out, and my rear corner bumper is caved into my fender! Someone drove into my parked car. I ask the paperboy standing there and he did'nt see nothing, I ask for store security, they saw nothing...I mean this was a COLLISION' and I'm sure it made noise...metal was crumpled I call the cops and without collision (old car...) I pay for some jerks damage out of my own pocket. Retards everywhere...even across the ocean. Good luck, hope you had a low deductible or it rubs off....
Old 08-04-2003, 12:46 PM

That sucks dude. I know exactly how angry you must of felt. Prolly as mad as I was when I dropped a 8' 2x4 on the rear quarter panel of my brand new Lexus IS300 I stood in shock for at least 10mins......

I guess thats why I like my old 894runner. Someone put a nice dinger in the corner of it... I didn't lose any sleep over it
Old 08-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by butnut
My experience was with my cherry '68 Datsun wagon. I've always been anal and my vehicles always look nice, I take care.
Wow, you have to tell us how you've kept an already rust-prone car intact in the Islands-That-Eat-Cars. Bought it in Arizona last year?
Old 08-04-2003, 02:18 PM

Bad break Scott! mine got the door bent while parked at work only last month nobody saw anything or owned up had to be a van or another truck to get over the side step! Damned annoying :cry:
Hope you get it sorted real soon
Old 08-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

I have to say, one of the saddest things you could ever see is a new car with paper plates still on it and a large dent or scrape to go with it.

I feel your pain
Old 08-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

I feel you pain dude. I bought a brand new chevy S10 Z-R2. Had it a couple of days before I left for 5 weeks out to sea, when I was in the navy. Anyways, I was having the underneath undercoated. I figured being at the dealers would have been safe right? Not a chance. I mean when I got back the bed of the truck was caved in from vandels throwing pointed boulders into the dealers lot. So when I get back to get my new truck, I find her violated. The best thing of all, I mean worst of course, the dealer will not have it fixed at any cost. I was stuck for the bill. Talk about sucking. So I told them to go and f--k them selves and I would never own a GM product again. Sold the truck right afterwards and bought a Toyota.

But to prevent stupidity right now I have a ARB bumper up front, 1/8" steel, designing a rear bumper 3/16" steel, and will have some BADA$$ sliderz to give me almost 360 degrees of protection for the idiots. Oh yeah, BIGGER is ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:53 PM

i'm so sorry to hear that. i was in your position last year. my car was parallel parked in front of my house. some drunk driver "fell asleep at the wheel" and crossed the double yellow lines and hit the car parked in front of me.

that noise woke me up, and then i heard him trying to start his engine again. enfuriated, i ran downstairs to see the most horrific thing i've ever seen. :cry:

according to him, he was going the speed limit (35 mph) downhill. I asked him how he could possibly know how fast he was going, if he fell asleep at the wheel. he was stumped. and i was on the phone to report a drunk driver to the police.

i wasn't able to post the pictures last year, but i can now. yall can tell me if you think this was a 35mph accident. oh, keep in mind, he pushed the corolla in front of me and my 4runner back 10 feet. he also managed to put both of our vehicles up on the curb too.
Attached Thumbnails I'm not a violent person, but....-poor-little-fella.jpg  
Old 08-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

At PARK?
No way man... not a chance.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by BT17R
Wow, you have to tell us how you've kept an already rust-prone car intact in the Islands-That-Eat-Cars. Bought it in Arizona last year?
Well I had that wagon almost 20 years before I bought my brand new '99 Runner. It was restored twice, once when I first bought it (used and rusty) and about 5 years before I sold it. I redid 240Z seats in leather, new carpet and panels, a 5 speed tranny with Hurst stick and a built up L18 with dual 40's...sweet car and I miss it. Best looking import wagon ever. 510's rock...also had a sweet 521 truck. I miss my Datsuns but love my Yota. Nobody better mess with my Runner...my wife will eat them alive!

Quick Reply: I'm not a violent person, but....