Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I went offroading on trumps new golf course Craziest place youve been offroading?

Old 07-02-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went offroading on trumps new golf course Craziest place youve been offroading?

I went offroading for the first time in my 4runner. Apparently Donald Trump bought like a 1000 acres of John Deloreans Former estate years ago when the govt forclosed on it. Trump is building a Trump National Golf course in Bedminster NJ. They have cut down trails through the big maple trees. Its light offroading nothing to crazy but it was my first trip and i was scared that i would get stuck or caught,there were huge muddy tracks from the earth movers and it was fun a few splings layed across the road too. I lived around there my entire life until a few months ago then i moved to texas. It was the weekend and there were no constrcution crews there. The golf course is going to be crazy. Trump is probably going to make millions off this. The sickest thing was the 14.5 acres of land that was plot #1 on the first hole. I think i was driving right where hole number 12 is supposed to be. So whats the craziest place youve been offroading
Old 07-02-2003, 04:33 PM

not really offroading but. a couple of years ago I had an 88 dodge shadow, My best friend and I took it around a dirt track. The Track is in the middle of a field. it's some guys practice track. the crazy part is it was sunday and the 150 people in the church by the track watched and laffed at the whole thing. all I did was make a big dust cloud. I guess you had to be there.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:08 PM

Craziest - was by accident. It was of those crazy warm days in February, you know like 65f with 12 inches of snow on the ground. When the sun went down the fog got thick, then an hour later the temps dropped FAST. Fog turned to ice crystals and fell to the road. (over 170 accidents reported in my county in 20 min. that night). Anyway, I got "lucky" - there was no traffic (they had already run off the road) rear end came around to the front as I threw it into 4high - next thing I knew I dropped 6 or 8 feet off the road missing LOTS of trees and ended up in someones back yard. There was no climbing back up to the road but I had a hell of good time during the 45 minutes it took me to drive out of this guys back yard ( farm house type deal - I couldn't find a road or driveway).
Old 07-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well...
A friend of mine drove up the trail on the side of Mt. Cristo Rey in his Cherokee about 15 years ago. He didn't realize it was a walking trail. His son couldn't open the passenger's door to get out because he would have stepped into open space.

There must be a God and he must have a special spot in his heart for idiots.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:56 PM

places

my first time "off roading" was on the play ground of my elementry school. It was so much fun.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:38 AM

Ive been on soccer fields, corn fields, and once through a future housing development that had just been grated (sp?). It had rained all week and my buddy and I went through there raising hell. They were just roads but instead of pavement it was just mud anywhere from 1'' to 10'' deep although most was about 6''. After about 2 hours we decided to leave only to meet up with a cop. Apparantly what we had done was illegal and the owner of the future development wanted to sue us each for 3,000. Luckily about 2 weeks later he got into trouble of his ownwith the city and the way he had made the roads. Guess he forgot about us.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:50 AM

Well there was no dirt involved, but me and a friend had gone to another friends house, and on our way back we saw a bike path that would shave 5 min off our drive. So we took my truck down the cement path and back up the other way. It was night time and when my lighs hit the top of the hill there was a man walking his child in a stroller He watched us come up, and when we landed on the street we high tailed it out of there.

Funny side note, there are metal posts in the middle of the path at the begining of the paths now
Old 07-03-2003, 06:47 PM

I got a funny story, not 4x4 related but off-road related.About 20 years ago me & a friend of mine were riding our three wheelers down a beach at night.Mine had a light, his didn't,mine ran good, his didn't,I went up the hill back to the road to go home,his couldn't make it.He yells I'll meet you farther down where it's not so steep.Now picture this is a place where everybody used to go party,drink beer,have fun.Well a while goes by & here comes my buddy down on the beach with what I can barely make out is some naked dude chasing him down the beach.He comes up the hill telling me get the **** outa here.Apparently in the dark he had ran over some dude & his girlfreind getting on the beach.OOP'S.True story.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:37 PM

4th of July a few years back I took this "easy to get to know" kinda girl offroading on Burch Mountain here in Wenatchee Wa. We made it to the top and came back down half way to enjoy the fireworks back in town from our perfect view. Well after the show we started our way back down at the back of the pack of other 4wheelers. Got to a blind corner and "brakecheck"! Every body stopped in their tracks due to a turd ford that busted his front axle in the middle of the main trail. I got a wild hair and a mile back up the trail there was a fork. Nobody goes down it but everybody TRIES to climb it. I had my 93 Nissan with a 3" lift on 33's so I knew I could make it if I could just remeber where all of the deep pot holes were. These are holes that giant chevy's & fords dig with 38s. We got to the crest of the hill and "please no no no dont go down this hill" were the screams from the passenger seat. I started going down and 3/4 the way down started thinking "oh ˟˟˟˟˟ why didnt I wait with the others on the main trail. Its like being on a roller coaster at the top when your going down this hill im talking about. Its scary esp. at night. But we made it and my "easy to get to know female friend" ditched me at the bottom to go hooker with some other dude. All I gotta say bout that is "hey buddy dont sloppy 2nd's suck" LoL!
Old 07-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

It concerns me that most of the posts are not about crazy places we've wheeled, but about the willful destruction of private or public property. Put yourself in the person's place who had to fill in your ruts, repair fences, etc. What do you think he/she thinks about 4Wheelers?

There's a church down the block who is trying to turn an empty lot into a neighborhood park. But everytime it rains, some IDIOT goes wheeling thorugh destroying all the hard work that went into making it.

I hope y'all blow your headgaskets.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by gwhayduke
Dang man, that's pretty harsh.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:45 AM

Umm...craziest places...soccer fields, baseball fields, football fields...this really bad road that's not really offroading but everytime I drive on it I feel compelled to yell "Hardcore offroading!!!" which scares my passengers the first time they hear it.....
Old 07-04-2003, 12:20 PM

GWHAY

Whats up? I am definently curious to know what your craziest places youve offroaded. You didn't happen to tell us before or after you slammed on our craziest places we told you about. Who cares where weve done it or who we scared in the process, it was our story's that we told. Maybe you were not slamming my story but why slam anyone elses story at all. We were asked to tell our story and we did, and for what? So you can critisize! LoL!

Last edited by Yoter; 07-04-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

Big bad...
If you read your post, you didn't group yourself with the others. You drove on a open trail, did things a little crazy, had some fun and lived to tell about it. You didn't create more work for some landowner, homeowner or groundskeeper or cost anybody extra money other than yourself. Sounds to me like you had a pretty good time.

Where do I offroad? Any dirt road or two track that isn't privately owned. If it is privately owned, I get the owners permission first. I don't find destroying another man's hard earned achievments amusing.

This is a big country, with lots of beautiful interesting places. Wheel responsibly, and they won't get shut down by non-wheelers. Wheel irresponsibly and you'll find more fences and locked gates, which affects all of us here on YotaTech.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:40 PM

I don't know if you were slamming me too, but if you were I'd like to know what you would have done in my case???
Old 07-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member

You be the judge.
Did you leave his yard/fields rutted?
Did you stop to ask for help or offer to repair the damage?
Did you knock down fences?
Did the farmer even know you had an accident or does he think that some careless 4wheeler was out having fun on his fields with no concern who it affected?

If someone hit your 4Runner when it was parked and unattended, would you rather they drive off or do the right thing and contact you about the damage.

Do the right thing, then you don't have to justify your actions.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:26 PM

You be the judge.
Did you leave his yard/fields rutted?
Did you stop to ask for help or offer to repair the damage?
Did you knock down fences?
Did the farmer even know you had an accident or does he think that some careless 4wheeler was out having fun on his fields with no concern who it affected?

If someone hit your 4Runner when it was parked and unattended, would you rather they drive off or do the right thing and contact you about the damage.

Do the right thing, then you don't have to justify your actions.
Obviously, by this post, you included me in your slam and assumed I screwed the property owner.

Well lets see... I could have written a 2 page post the 1st time out but I thought the folks on this board would assume I did the right thing before slamming me. Not that you desreve it, but yes there was damage to a fence, no there was not any other identifiable property damage - there were 12 inches of snow on the ground! It took me half an hour to get to the farmhouse - uphill in that that same 12 inches of snow, and he was waiting for me on the front porch. I told him what happened and he laughed and after seeing the damage to my truck and pointing me back toward a passable 'road' he told me not to worry. I went back after most of the snow melted to ask him if he found any additional damage and offered assistance again to fix the fence and repair a couple of ruts that we could see. I made a friend out of that and we are still friends today.

I'm an easy going guy, but I have no patience for someone who assumes the worst in other people.

Last edited by Bean; 07-04-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

It took me half an hour to get to the farmhouse - uphill in that that same 12 inches of snow, and he was waiting for me on the front porch. I told him what happened and he laughed and after seeing the damage to my truck and pointing me back toward a passable 'road' he told me to worry. I went back after most of the snow melted to ask him if he found any additional damage and offered assistance again to fix the fence and repair a couple of ruts that we could see. I made a friend out of that and we are still friends today.
You seriously have my admiration! Good job.
Obviously, by this post, you included me in your slam and assumed I screwed the property owner.
Nope. I let you give your own defense, and I'm glad you did. The young bucks on this board need to know that there are plenty of us that take care of our responsibilities, even when it's an accident.

And yes, you should explain the whole story. You're a good example and in a different group than the other posters. Don't set yourself up in your posts to look like you're irresponsible.

Good Post!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:47 PM

Well, in response to the don't trash property trend this thread is taking, I didn't cause any damage, the bike paths were concrete and I didn't even dip over into the rocks or grass lining it.

I think that you had a good idea gwhayduke. There are alot of newbies on here, some of them don't even own the trucks yet. Its not good for them to get the idea that because they have a truck that they can do whatever they want with it, but you don't need to go and attack people for what they did in the past. You never know, maybe the person was first starting out and they acted in an irresponsible manner and have since learned.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Red face

yeah man, chill out. Most stories are a little fudged to make them more interesting anyway. It's all about he entertainment value.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I went offroading on trumps new golf course Craziest place youve been offroading?