Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I swear ive searched. I need a write up for toytec lift please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I swear ive searched. I need a write up for toytec lift please.

I putting it on tomorrow and would like a write up. Plese help me out. Thanks.
Its the toytec 3 inch coil lift with front and rear coils with ome front shocks and pro comp rear shocks and diff drop kit. Help please. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Installation instructions are included with your products from Toytec.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
What if its used Wab...

Could always email or call toytec and ask them for instructions...

Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If replacing shocks or springs is something you need instructions for-you probably should not be doing it yourself. The basics of these procedures in no different for Toytec or Old Man Emu components,

You need a spring compressor for the fronts-they can be dangerous. Have someone on hand who has done this before.....

haddix post up in your signature or name where you are-that is how I have met a lot of locals and they would likely be glad to help you out....
Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 AM

You will most likely need two sets of spring compressors for the front (I did). The back is self explanatory if you are mechanically inclined. Basically just unbolt the shocks from the axle and unbolt the sway-bar from the axle. Put jackstands under the frame and use a floor jack to lower the axle until you have the clearance you need to get the springs in and out. Fronts aren't as easy but still not difficult. I would look at the Toytec instructions and as posted above, get someone over there who has suspension experience.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by scuba
What if its used Wab...

Could always email or call toytec and ask them for instructions...

Used or not, brand name is irrelevant to such an installation so it would seem a bit obvious he is in over his head mechanically.

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
If replacing shocks or springs is something you need instructions for-you probably should not be doing it yourself. The basics of these procedures in no different for Toytec or Old Man Emu components...
Exactly.

Originally Posted by trd_4runnin11
You will most likely need two sets of spring compressors for the front (I did). The back is self explanatory if you are mechanically inclined. Basically just unbolt the shocks from the axle and unbolt the sway-bar from the axle. Put jackstands under the frame and use a floor jack to lower the axle until you have the clearance you need to get the springs in and out. Fronts aren't as easy but still not difficult. I would look at the Toytec instructions and as posted above, get someone over there who has suspension experience.
Uh, NO! You don't need two sets of spring compressors for the front.

Listen folks, if you don't have a clue what you are doing, don't play with spring compressors, they are dangerous and could blow off a body part.

There are many installation write-ups floating around the Toyota online forums for anything you want to do, whether it be bleed your brakes or a SAS.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:55 AM

I would not suggest doing the front coils yourself. I'm a pretty decent home mechanic and still took the front units to a shop to get put together. The rears are pretty straight forward though.

Last edited by emptypockets; 11-14-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
for the front id recommended removing the hole strut taking it to a shop and having them remove the old stuff and installed the new stuff which is what i did cost me around 25 bucks here is a how to http://www.4rnr.net/suspension.html
Old 11-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
when you are taking out the front strut assembly do not touch the center bolt holding the strut in place just the 3 outer ones
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 AM

I have a guy around the block putting the lift on I was just wanting to look at a write up myself and just incase he would like to look at it.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Used or not, brand name is irrelevant to such an installation so it would seem a bit obvious he is in over his head mechanically.

Exactly.

Uh, NO! You don't need two sets of spring compressors for the front.

Listen folks, if you don't have a clue what you are doing, don't play with spring compressors, they are dangerous and could blow off a body part.

There are many installation write-ups floating around the Toyota online forums for anything you want to do, whether it be bleed your brakes or a SAS.

I do have a clue what I am doing. The 4Runner was not my first suspension and probably won't be the last. I don't have a wall mount or air spring compressor and I'm not going to pay for something I'm perfectly capable of doing myself. I know how to use a spring compressor and one set wouldn't get the job done. I used 1.5 sets and ran them down equally with an impact. No spring compressor went shooting across the garage.

I always respect your opinion WEBFAB and agree that spring compressors can be dangerous when in the hands of someone who does not know what they are doing, but as I said I have done this before, used extreme caution, and only used one more spring compressor than you normally would.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

You can call them at (303) 255-4959 or email them at info@toyteclifts.com

I am sure Doug has a digital copy he could email to you...