Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I found a new rig I may buy, and I need some advise.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 06:56 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a new rig I may buy, and I need some advise.

Well I found a new toyota, but it's not a 4Runner. It's a Land Cruiser 80. I like it alot, and it's pretty inexpensive. It's got a smidge over 100k, but is really clean. My problem is I can't decide what to sell my 95 4Runner for. It looks as if some of the value has dropped since the 03 release. What do you guys think I should list it for.
Here's what I've got:
1995 4Runner 2WD SR5.
Green w/tan clothe
Sunroof
Power windows
Radio/CD/Tape
After market things include:
Edelbrock shocks front and rear - 4 to 5 months old.
Downey HD coils.

That's about it. I was going to probably take my surco rack off, and try to put it on the cruiser. As well as my CB. I was thinking of starting the price at $7500. Is that too high...be honest. It has 106,000 miles on it. The power steering pump is leaking but I think the leak is from the hose, not the pump. At least I can see it leaking from where the hose meets the pump. Probably an easy fix. I just haven't spent the time to do it. Other than that, I just got the A/C fixed. In fact since I've fixed it it is honestly the coldest A/C I've ever had. I sure hope the Cruisers A/C works well. I'd be pissed if I had to fix two A/C's in one season. The tires are decent. Probably 30-40% tread left. Any questions need to help me price it, let me know. I'll probably list it in the paper this weekend if I buy this cruiser. Thanks - Jeremy
Old 07-10-2003, 07:36 AM

Jeremy: I'm in the same quandary as you. I'm looking at selling my '91 Runner and want to list it at a fair price but maximize what I get out of it. Try going to edmunds.com and using their pricing guide to get an estimate for what you should ask. This guide actually gives you 3 pricing options. Trade in, Individual selling proce, and Dealer Retail price. Don't ask me why a dealer can ask more than an individual....... ....that is just how edmunds does it. This should work pretty good for you, since your truck's pretty much stock.

David
Old 07-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Well I think that your best bet is to keep the truck that you haven and give me the number of the guy selling the land cruiser 80. That way you don't have to worry about selling yours and working on a new rig.

Just thinking about whats best for you.

I think it would be very cool to get the land cruiser. I am not sure what your truck is worth, but on the kelly blue value is about $7,500. That is with me guessing what is on your truck
here is alink to the kelly page
kelly blue book value

Your rig does sound pretty nice.

Good luck!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:04 AM

Sounds like a reasonable price to me. Theres a 94 or 95 Runner by my mom's house in Fort Worth going for about that right now. I sold my 91 Runner in 1999 with 115k on it for 8750. The guy couldnt believe it was so low. The DFW market is typically pretty good for selling a 4Runner. Good luck with that 80!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:50 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

So I guess I'm pricing it about right. The only thing that sucks is I bought it in November for $8500, I put springs, shocks, and fixed the A/C which wasn't cheap, and now I'm going to only try and get 7500. I'll do some checking in the paper and see what people are asking. This is what it will look like, although this picture was taken right when I got my springs on.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

The other thing you can check besides the newspaper is Autotrader Just do a search for similar vehicles in your area and see what they are going for.

Tell us more aobut the FJ-80...
Good Luck and hope it all works out.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:07 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

There's not alot to say...it's stock. It may have been a lower end model. Unfortunately, I don't much about them. It doesn't have running boards, or the rear visor, or the third row seats. But I'd take the running boards off anyway, and I don't care about the rear visor. I will miss the fact that the rer window doesn't roll down. I love the fact that our windows row down. I don't think it has the factory locker. I thought 93 and 94 did, but like I said I don't know much about them. I almost feel like a trader or something. I've had three 4runners, and this will make my first 80. I have three neighbors...yes three that have land cruisers, and they're awesome. They've got everything you can imagine on them, from sliders to ARBs, and Snorkels...etc. So I'm sure I can get them to hook me up if needed. The tires need replacing, which is good because I was about to get some MTRs anyway. Does anyone know what I should look for, as far as possible problems?