Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I finally got some pics for u guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got some pics for u guys, more pics added

I borrowed my friends camera and took pics of my turbo motor and some of the upgrade parts for my car.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...0448&members=1

The motor has been rebuilt and all gaskets have been replaced along with new belts and radiator hoses. I'm waiting on my 16lb flywheel I ordered on moday to come in and I've gotta pickup my rebuilt tranny before can do the swap (in about 1-3 weeks). I'm going to run the ct-20 turbo with a 40 series flowmaster for now until the motor is properly broken in. After the motor is broken in I'm going to get the LCE turbo header and try to get the ct-26 on and buy the 3" downpipe from suprastore.com. I'll run catless of course like I am now and I'm thinking of getting a super 40 series flomaster when I upgrade to a 3 inch exhaust. I'll get pics of my 4runner up soon and show you guys my clean sound system that I'm trying to sell.
I took a pic of a ct-26 turbo (left) next to a ct-20 turbo (right) for comparison.

List of mods on my car so far (LCE=LC Engineering for those that don't know):
LCE performance head (ported with oversized valves)
LCE cam
LCE EGR block off plates
LCE 110 amp alternator
LCE dual row timing chain conversion kit (comes with pro oil pump)
LCE oil cooler upgrade kit
LCE oil filter relocater kit
LCE slotted cross-drilled rotors
LCE dual composite clutch
LCE 16lbs billet steel flywheel (Ordered this week no pic yet)
LCE polished pro distributer
Crane hi 6 series ignition
Crane LX-91 coil
NGK plugs and wires
Blitz 2" BL series boost guage (just bought today)
Flexi fan with aluminum spacer
Rebuilt leaf springs with added helper spring
28" BFG A/T
Sparco torino driver's seat
Silverstar headlights

Near future mods (stuff i'm going to order/buy very soon):
performance brake pads (don't know what brand can u recomend one?)
S.S. brake lines
Bilstein shocks
Turbo header, downpipe and new (catless) exhaust system
Intercooler
Turbo timer
Possibly new wheels and bigger tires
Poplocks and shaved door handles
Repaint the car its original red color

Last edited by red86; 04-27-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:22 PM

That looks really good. I'm slowly getting my turbo engine back together. You have any pics of your rig?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

I'll take some tomorrow and post them tomorrow. I'll take some at night too so you guys can see my sound system (which is for sale) light up.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good. Here's a pic of my old 22RE-T

Do post up some pics of your rig when you get a chance. Nice to see someone doing and learning all this stuff!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:46 AM
Banned

what did you hit?! thats a lot of damage... i recently in my 85 4x2 plowed into a gti doing about 20mph... and that was slowed down to from 85.... i had enough force to slam the gti into the car in front of it..... other than slightly pushing back the bumper and found out later stripping a bumper bolt hole, nothing happened, i pulled the bumper back out with my bare hands on the side of the freeway.....
Old 04-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

What that motor going into? Looks like you done a pretty good job, keep us updated!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimabena74
what did you hit?! thats a lot of damage... i recently in my 85 4x2 plowed into a gti doing about 20mph... and that was slowed down to from 85.... i had enough force to slam the gti into the car in front of it..... other than slightly pushing back the bumper and found out later stripping a bumper bolt hole, nothing happened, i pulled the bumper back out with my bare hands on the side of the freeway.....
A Chrysler Concorde ran right through a stopsign (didn't slow down or anything). I was cruising... somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-35, and didn't even have time to lock up the tires before I T-boned her (she was doing every bit of 30-35 as well and it was a blind intersection from my perspective). Made the news. This was back in 97. I walked away with only bruises. She didn't fair so well. I still wish I had that truck. Had the cool inclinometer, digital dash, Turbo Seats, and of course turbo. Just wish they came in 5 speeds.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

The motor looks sweet.
Did you get the ct-26 to fit O.K.
-kyle
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 AM

You are heartless My99 posting a pic like that on this thread.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Banned

more pics for you all.

I will post a few more tonight and some after the swap is complete.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:38 PM

That engine looks great! My friend has a 87 turbo, he just got the head redone and we are in the process of putting it back together. Since his turbo's cracked he's gonna have to have it rebuilt or replaced, I noticed you said you were using the ct-26 (out of an mkIII supra?). What modifications need to be done in order to utilize the ct-26 on the 22rte?

thanks

bobby

Last edited by soarerjzz30; 04-27-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Banned

the ct-26 doesn't directly fit on the exhaust manifold. The holes line up one way but are just a bit longer the other way. You can buy an aftermarket exhaust manifold and if the flange still doesn't mate with the ct-26 you can take it to a good welder and have him weld a new one on. That's what I plan on doing once my motor is broken in.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Banned

why would you run ti catless? you live in CA, oakland no less and if its going to be driven on any street needs cats... they can actually impound the vehicle on sight of no cats, and ca ndestroy it without any say from you as its against federal law to run it without a cat......
Old 04-27-2005, 09:18 PM

"List of mods on my car so far (LCE=LC Engineering for those that don't know):
LCE performance head (ported with oversized valves)
LCE cam
LCE EGR block off plates
LCE 110 amp alternator
LCE dual row timing chain conversion kit (comes with pro oil pump)
LCE oil cooler upgrade kit
LCE oil filter relocater kit
LCE slotted cross-drilled rotors
LCE dual composite clutch
LCE 16lbs billet steel flywheel (Ordered this week no pic yet)
LCE polished pro distributer"

I would hate to see that bill on the ol credit card...
Old 04-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Banned

yeah that bill is BIG. About the cat, I took my old cat and hand sawed it in half. There's a heat shield that's spot welded on the cat and I removed it. I took one half of the cat and took the heat shield and drilled holes on four corners and bolted it over the exhaust pipe. LOL. I'll take a pic of my fake cat tomorrow but till then, here's some more pics. On one of the engine pics you can see the EGR block off plates.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Contributing Member

I'd look into EBC pads for a good high perf. pad....motor looks nice!!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:02 PM

wow i like the look of no egr...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Banned

Here's some more pics. There's one of my fake cat, which I'll eventually weld on to the exhaust pipe when I upgrade to 3 inch (The vibrations have loosened it and rotated it downward). I took pics of my stock motor and my new 16lbs flywheel that came in today. There's also pics of some extra parts that I might resell on ebay. After I upgrade my turbo and exhaust manifold I will have 2 pairs, yes 2 pairs of each, ct-20 turbos, exhaust manifolds and outlet elbows that I will sell on ebay. I will let you all know when It all goes up for sale and post extra pics here. Now that I have all my parts, I'm gonna pick up my tranny tomorrow and try to rearrange my work schedual so I can do the swap next weekend.

Last edited by red86; 04-29-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Banned

The swap has begun! Today I took out my exhaust system and just left the header on. I decharged the a/c unit and removed the radiatior. I loosened the heater hoses and removed the air filter. After I did all this, I drove my car to my neighbor's house (where the swap will be performed). LOL. driving with an open header and no air filter gave me quick throttle response and was very noticeable and also sounded great! Tomorrow the engine comes out and hopefully by friday the new engine will be in and will be running. The tranny that I was going to get was SOLD for $390 and now I'm just going to reuse my old tranny. My friend said that the type of clutch I bought is going to wareout pretty quick (about 2 years) and to get my tranny rebuilt when I change the clutch. I also talked to a guy who has rebuilt quit a few of those transmissions and he said that as long as 5th gear doesn't grind, you don't really need a rebuild. He said that after 5th goes the rest of the gears start to go from 4th down to 3rd and so on. Right now only 2nd gear grinds so I'll just run it till its dead. I'll post some pics of the swap tomorrow and pics of the truck I took the motor out of.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

The swap has hit a snag this weekend and will be delayed until next week on wed-fri. LC Enigineering sent me the wrong clutch kit and I sent it back to get the right one. The pressure plate they gave me is too big for the flywheel I bought from them. I overnighted the clutch kit back to them which cost me like $80 and they sent me a different one which I received today. When I tried to fit it on the flywheel I found that once again the pressure plate was too big for the flywheel. I called them back and spoke with them and they said they'd have to get back to me on monday. With my old motor out and the turbo motor ready to go in, I'm just waiting on that damn clutch kit now. This is really upsetting and now I have no transportation so I'm going to see if LCE will give me some free stuff for screwing up twice. Here are some pics of the swap and a pic of the blue truck that I pulled my turbo motor from. There's a pic of a 22r that my friend is going to put in the blue truck and 2 pics of to different sr20 motors my friend has in his garage (among many other motors and car parts).

Last edited by red86; 05-06-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: I finally got some pics for u guys