Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

HID pics finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HID pics finally

well if any one remebers i posted a little something about HID bulbs....i finally have some pictures if anyone is interested...however the picture quality is terrible at 48.8K so talk to me if you want me to send them to you
Old 03-08-2006, 03:13 PM

What are the specs on the HIDs? Kelvin? Bi-xenon? Retrofit?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:24 PM

This should answer all your questions, and this is where i got them from..i have the 6000K........http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...php?id=hid_kit
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 PM

im not knocking burtman, but your gonna blind everything on the road with that kit.
www.hidplanet.com check out the forums there about retrofitting. You can use the parts you have and make it better and not blind people. if you dont want to do a full retrofit, at least make or buy Casper shields, they will cut down on the glare alot. I modified mine to cut glare to less than stock, but it does still glare some.
and be sure to make a harness as toyota is switched ground, mine acted up untill i wired it differently.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:08 PM

yea they are real bright but that's why i love them so much, i think it would be kind of a waste to take away from how bright they are, but that's just me. That's a good idea though, i guess im just kind of a rebel teenager...idk thanks for the reply though
Old 03-09-2006, 05:07 PM

btw, glare has nothing to do with brightness. the shield does nothing to reduce the light output onto the road, of anything it refects the unusable glare output back into the reflector to become useable light.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:25 PM

well goes to show you how much i know about sheilds...and all that other stuff....i think they're sweet how they are...but i understand that others like to have there's adjusted or whatever...im not gettin technical im just sayin they're tite n just offering to send some pics to those who may be curious as to what they'd look like on they're toyota...
Old 03-10-2006, 01:00 AM

that kit a hi/lo or just lows? seems kinda pricey to me... whatever though. like stated, i would recommend running a casper shield in your housing to reduce glare for oncoming drivers and possibly put even more light down on the road. theyre very cheap and aside from helping other motorists out, could prevent u from attracting extra attention from cops.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:10 PM

He has 6000K also, which is a light blue color output and cops will be looking out for blue headlights. I would recommend going with 5000K or if you want the OEM HID color, then 4300K. When I had my Maxima, I had 8000K HIDs and they were really blue and I got pulled over a few weeks after having them. When I get HIDs on my 4Runner it will be the H4 Bi-Xenon 5000K HIDs which are costly (~$380), but they come already made with a shield and the bulb is motorized to move back and forth to create a high beam with the same bulb.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marriedTOmyRunner
This should answer all your questions, and this is where i got them from..i have the 6000K........http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...php?id=hid_kit
I'm trying to make some room and am offering these kits at over $50 off the normal price!!!! We just updated the site. If you want a great kit, made in Japan, good warranty, this is it!

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...php?id=hid_kit
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 PM

or u could go on eBay and get a kit made in Japan with a good warranty for about 1/3 the cost. I was looking at them for my Maxima and found kits for about $119 shipped if you really look. They were using Phillips brand parts on some of them.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have to be very careful with what you find on ebay. Once you buy it, most of the time, that's it.

Most kits you see on the auction sites are Made in China or Taiwan. Most use clever marketing like "japan enginering", "Japan quality", JDM, but are not made in Japan, but they try to make you think they are... I see it all the time and many are saying they are Japan kits and are not.

Although "Made in China" products have gotten better over the years, most HID manufacturers in China are poorly managed, use cheap labor
(more risk of defects), uses cheaper raw materials (risk of defects), and fit/finish is poor compared to the Japanese brands.

There's a reason why many of these kits are sold for this. It's because it costs that much less to build, many times, cutting corners in areas that shouldn't be cut. Best way to sum it up: "you get what you pay for".

IMPORTANT. Something we offer is a 2 year warranty on the Ballasts bulbs
. Why is this a big deal? When a bulb or ballast blows, or goes bad, a new one can cost over $100.

Also, I can get you china made kits as well, for about the price on ebay, but I only try to sell the best and highest quality product. If it's on our site, it's the best, and if it isn't, we will tell you! : )

Go here to see the install from another forum on this kit:

HOW TO - HID CONVERSION KIT (BurtmanIndustries)
(m4ack chose to remove the headlights to hide the ballasts. You don't have to do it this, and the install is much easier because you can mount the ballasts anywhere)