Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys

i was just wondering if there were any hardcore wheelers out here, not to bash on you guys at all, but it seems like most of yall are pretty stock, i feel kinda out of place. considering i'm just about ready to do a solid axle swap, throw on 37 inch MT/Rs, and Alcans all the way around. plus i have a lockrite in the front and spool in the rear. Anyways, sorry for not bein' a tech question but just wanted to check.

Tribal
Old 01-20-2003, 07:21 PM

is that a no?

.....???
Old 01-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Banned

I could probably keep up with you. 32x11.5 MTRs rear locker. No suspension lift though. No fear of body dammage. I know my limits.

There is at least one SAS 2nd gen Runner here and lots have sus. lift and lockers. On the other hand there are also several 2WD Runners here to. We tend not to get into big ball contests around here. If you are used to reading Pirate 4x4 you will find that this BBS is pretty much the opposite of what's going on over there. We don't harass newbies and we don't think IFS sucks... that much. OK, it sux but we don't dwell on it.

Welcome aboard.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:36 PM

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but we have a wide variety of people here. We have stock trucks, lifted "hardcore" trucks, show trucks, etc... I wouldn't go calling most of us stock, because just about every single person here (with a few exceptions) have performed modifications to their truck. Hence the majority of us are not "stock" as you put it.

Just my 2 cents

-Braden

Last edited by 91Runner; 01-20-2003 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:39 PM

Ummm...you only gave people 19 minutes to respond. That's barely enough time to read the post.

Seriously though, wheel: yes. Hardcore:no. I'm only speaking for myself of course. I certainly like to go where cars can't, but I'm not into the hardcore stuff.

You will get all sorts on this board, so don't worry, you're not outta place. There are the locked, the lifted, the SAS'd, the re-geared, etc. etc. They'll pipe in soon for you I'm sure, but some may take a day or two to respond. They are probably out wheeling somewhere.

In the meantime, welcome to YotaTech!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:42 PM

i wouldnt say that im a HARDCORE wheeler, but i ABSOLUTELY LOVE WHEELING! doode, im going to do a SAS this summer, once i get my,.... ahem... FASFA money! check out my description below. all my buds have yotas, 3 have TLCs and 2 of those 3 have a pickup too. we do local wheeling, and we take trips out to joshua tree and anywhere else we can find.

im slowly but surely adding mods each month, whether they be a "big" mod or a "lil" one, i try to do something each month. right now, im getting ready to make a custom rear bumper with swing away tire carry-er after that, a shell, with a con-fer rack. SAS and new rear lift is in works for the summer. im hoping (fingers crossed) the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on..... so much fun!

after i gain more experience (im a greeny) i want to do rubicon. that would be a great wheeling trip. go out with my gf and friends, and spend a few days wheeling rubicon... or even join some jamboree out there!!!

check out my page of pics from the joshua tree trip, it takes time to load, coz i just pasted the pics online and havent had a chance to fix it up so it could be viewed easier. here

Last edited by joshik; 01-20-2003 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

If your going to come on the forum with that attitude go try the pirate4X4 board you'll fit right in over there. Just cuz I don't have lockers and boggers doesn't mean my truck is stock. I've invested over 4K in it so far. For great info though stick around but like I said if you want to talk about "hardcore" wheeling head over to the other board.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:32 PM

I'm with UKMyers on this, A lot of us have invested a lot of money into our truck to make them our own and to make them do what we want them to do. If you're looking for ONLY hardcore trucks then you're better off at Pirate 4x4. I'm not trying to steer you away from here, but UKMyers is right. With your attitude towards "stock" trucks as you put it, you'll probably be a lot better off over at Pirate 4x4. But if you want good information, and not just "hardcore wheelers" opinions then stick around.

-Braden
Old 01-20-2003, 10:53 PM

is there gonna be some hostility on this thread? i dont think he meant anything bad or anything with an attitude. i guess it offended some ppl what tribal4krawler said, but like i said, im sure he didnt mean anything by it.

everyone has their own mods. to EACH his OWN is wat i think. lets not get all "bad attitude" with everyone here. this is a great forum.

cant we all just get along?
Old 01-21-2003, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MEOW!!!!

Joey/Braden - Let's not get our undies in a bunch here. I think Joshik is right, Tribal didn't mean anything by it. There haven't been any altercations on the site for a while, no need to start something. Looks like a misunderstanding. I'm sure there was a time when Tribal's rig was stock or mildly modified and he was working toward a final plan like all of us.

I think we all missed something though. He said he was planning to do a SAS, 37's, etc. He didn't yet. All he said he has is a spool and a front lockrite. My rig would be alot different if I actually followed through on all the stuff I said I was going to do. I'll do an SAS too.......someday

That lockrite will make a nice paperweight when the SAS does occur...
Old 01-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry if I came off as hostile but I kinda took it as a slap in the face as saying most of us here are stockers when most of us have invested alot of time, energy, and money in the rigs.. Sorry I was in a bad mood and that one spun me up like a top.. Guess I shoulda kept it to myself!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:34 PM

I'm sorry too, I really didn't mean to come off sounding like that. I've been under a lot of stress the past week. I've been shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, because I'm going to officiall pop the question in a little over a week (on our anniversary) So I've been kind of tense, and nervous lately. And I've just been going crazy lately. So anyway I'm sorry if I came off sounding bad, and I took what he said the wrong way, I agree completely with joshik when he said "to each his own".

Hopefully I won't be as high strung in a couple weeks :confused:

-Braden
Old 01-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

I've been shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, because I'm going to officiall pop the question in a little over a week
Congrats there Braden
I know it sounds kinda corney but marrying my best friend was the best thing i have ever done
Old 01-22-2003, 06:24 AM

Re: hey guys

Originally posted by tribal4krawler
i was just wondering if there were any hardcore wheelers out here, not to bash on you guys at all, but it seems like most of yall are pretty stock, i feel kinda out of place.
Of course, there's lots of serious wheelers on this board. And you really shouldn't feel out of place if you're running those street tires, not exactly what I would call hardcore