Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Hey european Yoters! I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey european Yoters! I need help...

Hi all,

I've seen that there are many european 4Runner owners.

I'm from Spain and I'm searching some internet suppliers because I've written mails to a lot of american suppliers (Like Performance Products, RockStomper...) asking for shipping parts to Spain and no one has answered me

Prices in the US are very very interesting... For example, I want to change my T-Bars and here are very difficult to find and if you find them are a lot expensive!

I supose that the price listed for Swayaway ones is for one and not for the pair (I'm talking about Performance Products price, 108$), am I right?

Anyone knows if you have to pay some kind of import taxes when buying in the US?

Another option is if you european owners know some european internet shop where I can buy things...

Thank you all and excuse me for my English...

David
Old 12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member

I am pretty sure the $108 for Swayaway T-bars is for a PAIR.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe it's time to pick up a phone?
I order stuff all the time, without problems. Nobody seems to respond to emails but they all do speak Visa.
And Holland is a lot smaller but still every package does seem to find its way to my frontdoor.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:29 PM

Thank you 914Runner and 4runner4ever.

Here I've seen a pair of HD T-Bars for near 500€...

The phone... Yes... But that is my problem, I'm able to write an acceptable English, but phone spoken is difficult to me

4runner4ever, is there any import tax when you purchase?

I think it may be similar in Holland that in Spain cause we're all in the EU...

Have you any kind of webpage? I'm quite obsessed with SAS but here in Spain it means lots of money for doing the engineer project, lab tests and thecnical inspection... ÅÅÅÅing Spain...

Thanks,

David
Old 12-14-2004, 01:39 PM

I would think that you'd have to pay import toll/taxes + sales tax when you import something from outside your country/market area.

But on the other hand, you should be able to get the USA sales tax refunded (8% in many cases, and depends on what you're buying.

For us Europeans, there should be a way to buy from the source.. mean that the american companies have parts made in asia, and have to import them into USA and pay the local taxes there. We should be able to buy straight from Asia, with helpful hand of the respective company.

However shipping could be a little more from Asia than USA I know there is also an active trucking parts market in Australia, and you should be able to find some parts there too. (lockers, diffs and so on at least).

There are some lockers made here in Iceland and other parts too, for the special needs of the market here, for example they make here lockers for the 7.5" IFS toyota, something that is not common to find elsewhere.. (ALGRIP)
Old 12-14-2004, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by gummi
I would think that you'd have to pay import toll/taxes + sales tax when you import something from outside your country/market area.
You could alternatively get the supplier to label the goods as 'samples' or value them at a 'realistic' price so you're out of the tax loop.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Contributing Member

I know from experience that import tax vary depending on the product. Autoparts are 25 or 30% and machine parts are 10-15%.
So if you send yor parts labelled as machine parts you save about 10%.
My personal rule is to take the sales price and multiply with 1.5 and you have it delivered to you front door, including tax.

You can only get a tax refund in the US if you have a taxnumber, which means you have to have a business/company yourself. That's the law in Holland anyway.

SAS? That's a big nono over here also.
What I do is make it look like it's made by Toyota. I never have had any problems during vehicle inspection, mostly I get comments like; nicely maintainded or; looks good for its age.
Yeah right, dude. Glad you did not see what's been changed. SAS, engine, brakes, frame, gearbox, parking brake etc.

I do not have a website yet. I'm still figuring out how to do that. I just bought a book called; website for dummy's. So wait half a year and I will probably figure this out.

Last edited by 4runner4ever; 12-15-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:09 AM

That is (Almost here) a bit risky... Inspections are quite strict, and if your truck is 5 cm taller than the card says...

So imagine if you did a SAS...

Also, in case of accident, if insurance sees you've done a non approved (=payed ) mod, they won't assume any kind of cost... Imagine if you run over a person :pat:

So I'll continue dreaming that I win the lotto and can pay for a SAS an the engineer project...

David
Old 12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blizzard,

If you buy parts in the states and have them shipped you won't pay any US sales tax since they are going out of state. So the only fees you will see are any duty (or tax) that Spain puts on importing items and the cost to ship the item. Canada has the same thing (they dump a blanket 15% tax on stuff from the US) but there are cartainly ways around it (ie if you can get them to state a lower value for the item on the shipper, but some will refuse).

......and I agree, don't email, just phone and they all speak visa for sure!

Last edited by MTL_4runner; 12-15-2004 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:37 PM

Guys ... I wonder what SAS is ?

I know SAS is elite military .. (just like NAVY Seals.. )

But what are you talking about .. ?
Old 12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

I know SAS is elite military .. (just like NAVY Seals.. )

But what are you talking about .. ?
Solid (front) Axle Swap...
Old 12-16-2004, 02:10 PM

There are some lockers made here in Iceland and other parts too, for the special needs of the market here, for example they make here lockers for the 7.5" IFS toyota, something that is not common to find elsewhere.. (ALGRIP)
Tell us more Gummi about those lockers and other stuff. How much / websites..... you know the kind of stuff. Whats the most common 4x4 up in Iceland?
Old 12-16-2004, 05:04 PM

Products from Iceland

I'm sure I could list a number of things. But those 4x4 shops here don't have much english material on the web so far.. but I can tell you what I remember.

As far as I know, everything that we can not buy elsewhere is made here in Iceland. That includes: Lockers, fender flares and more. Also many companies that specialize in modding trucks !!

Lockers, list from Algrip:
http://www.kliptrom.is/algrip_vorur.htm -> In icelandic but you can see what's there.
Fender flares:
http://www.jeppaplast.is/ This place makes them and there are many pics and other info..
http://www.formverk.is/ This place makes many too..
Modding shops
http://www.fjallasport.is/
http://www.breytir.is/
http://www.arctictrucks.is/ These guys are good and do work for the toyota dealer here in Iceland (yes the dealership sells modded trucks )
Aluminum gas tanks, boxes and more:
http://www.ke.is/

The Icelandic 4x4 club:
http://www.f4x4.is/ -> some links here too on the left side .. and lots of pics under "myndaalbúm"

Guys if you need more info, or translation, just msg me .. there is plenty more to find here.. just ask.