Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Here's the game plan! Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the game plan! Thoughts?

Okay, so I've done some research (and a lot of youtubeing) and here's what I've come up with to complement the TRD supercharger that I've purchesed:

-Snow Performance stage 2 MAF meth injection kit

-Urd 2.2 pully (this one is further down the road once my wallet catches up)

-AEM wideband o2 gauge/ sensor

So tell me what you think so far! Comments and/or suggestions are appreciated. What I'm trying to accomplish here is to make the added horsepower with the supercharger and use the add-ons to keep the engine from turning into a pile of ashes. Also, I'm trying to stay away from cutting into the ECU harness and screwing with the programming because the emmisions standards here in california are very strict and the smog techs are smarter than your average bear. By the way, all of this stuff is going into my 2002 Tacoma 3.4l 4x4. Here's a list of crap I already have done to it in case it matters:

-K&N full intake

-custom dual tip Magnaflow exhaust

-Poweraid 1'' throttle body spacer
Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey man I am currently running the AEM Uego and I have just 2 complaints--

-It only reads from 10-18! If it's out of that range it just shows dashes.

-It is quite difficult to do any data logging with it.

Check out the Innovate LC-1, URD also sells that. It has no limits, and is capable a easy data logging.

The Throttle Body Spacer has been proven MANY times to have no gains on the 5vz.

Some people experience warmer intake temps with the K&N Setup. Save some coin (use it on the pulley) and just do the Deck plate and ISR mods!

Your custom dual tip exhaust... Do a LOT of research. I have read time and time again of bad experiences with it.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks man! I've been looking at the LC-1 as well and I was curious to see how folks liked it. So what kind of things have been going around about the dual tip exh.? I went with the recomendations of the guy at the shop that fabbed it up and went with 2'' pipe to 3'' tips (it was the same thing that he is running on his 97 taco). I didn't want to go too big because i didn't want to loose too much back pressure (and torque). Hah, and say what you want about the spacer but I swear I'm getting about 3 or 4mpgs better than without (I did the math and i'm getting around 19.5 to 20 mpg while rolling on 31'' BFG mud terrains) and I've noticed a touch of extra torque, so i don't know; maybe it's the climate up around my area, who knows. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TexasAce is a whiz at this kind of thing and you may want to contact him directly for one on one assist.