Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help! In trouble with the Po!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! In trouble with the Po!

Yeah, so you guys were right, You told me not to but i put those cool windshield jet lights on, you know the ones you always see on the ricers.

Well i got pulled over for them the other day, and the officer was really nice, (my first time being pulled over) I wasnt even sure what my registration looked like, opened the glove compartment, and theres a big ol bottle of Airsoft BB's and i got my loaded air soft gun in my driver door compartment, but thats a story for another time.

So he explains that there only for emergency vehicles. And there only for "show" which apparently it shows on the box in little tiny writing. And He gives me a fix it ticket. Says i need to go to one of the local police stations once i get the citation or whatever its called in the mail, and show them that i have removed them and im all fixed.

Well citation comes in the mail, and it says i have a court date, I dont know if this is common or whatnot, like i said this is my first dealings with the police, so i dont know what i should be doing. So I figure thats really odd, seeing as how he said i just had to get it cleared up at the Police Station.

So i call up the number on the paper, and it says I have a $121.00 bail.... Ummmm yeah, whats up with that I thought i just had to take the lights off...

So Yeah im bad with terminology and whatnot, So does this mean i have to go to court and pay $121? Heh sorry im a lil slow, go easy on me please
Old 10-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yank 'em and go to your local (or listed) police station. They'll take care of the fixit, and you won't need to do the court date thing. (Ask em, they'll tell ya what you need to know).

Depending on how anal they are, you may also need to pay some fine (but $121 or whatever sounds waay high), but usually not.

Usually the court date and fine is for when you choose not to do anything about the fixit. Then bad things happen. I suggest you try to limit your investigation of what "bad" means!

"Ok, Don't cross the streams. Important safety tip!"