YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Help! Can't shift into drive and Trac&ABS lights on.

Hello and happy new year (for some)

Yesterday (when going fishing for opening day) I started the runner and the abs light and trac off lights stayed on. I tried shifting into drive and the shifter wouldn't move! Luckily I had a friend with me that knew about the bypass switch to get it into drive (My first auto, thanks Ryan). I have a brake controller that now seams not to work. I have an aftermarket car starter that works, however it used to shut off if you hit the brake before putting the key in the ignition. it now stays running when the brake is pushed. This all happened AFTER CONTECTING A TRAILER AND LIGHTS. Sounds like a brake circuit issue but some direction would be great.

P.S.

I hate automatics
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

-I live to hear people say "you can't drive there with a truck" It's not a truck, it's a TOYOTA
-take your chrome home
-ALL TERRAINS are for people who turn around at the first mud hole

Last edited by blueyoda; 01-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.
blueyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Contributing Member

Did you check the STOP fuse, that controls the shift lock and probably the brake controller. Do the brake lights work.
2001 4Runner; 4.30 e-locked rear axle and front diff with ARB; OME884/N91S front; OME891/N86 rear; BudBuilt skidplate and bellypan; Lil Skip's Offroad gas tank skid; Tundra brake swap; 1" 4Crawler body lift; 4Crawler SliderZ; TJM T-15 with Warn M8000 and Amsteel blue synthetic line; 170 mm Lightforce lights; CBI Offroad rear bumper; dual batteries with Hellroaring battery isolator; 285/75R16 Wrangler MTR Kevlar; Cobra 75 WX ST cb; Alinco DR635 VHF/UHF ham radio
eric-the-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, Turns out it was an in-line fuse that was installed under the dash for the brake controller. The first thing I checked was the fuse panel, but this one was installed after market.

-I live to hear people say "you can't drive there with a truck" It's not a truck, it's a TOYOTA
-take your chrome home
-ALL TERRAINS are for people who turn around at the first mud hole
blueyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement