Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help

So i decided to take a trip up to BC and so here i am, but it kinda colder up here right now and every time i start my truck cold it sounds like there is a cat being ripped appart under the hood with that horrid screching of the belt(s). it is ANNOYING!!!! any suggestions, everyone's like "oh, just spray it" "with what i reply" "well...uh.. you know, SPRAY". first of all THERE ARE 3 belts in there that i can see WHICH ONE and with what? Some one also said "just take some soap to it, you can see where it is sqeeking, or sand it..." SAND WHAT??? grrrr, got a 1,500 mile trip back home soon kinda wanna fix it before i leave. thanks
Old 10-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have a belt squeel, one of the belts is loose and needs tightening. A good test for belt tightness is whether or not you can twist a section around 180degrees by hand in one spot on the longest section. 2 of the belts should have adjustable tensioners that simply use a 14mm sockett. the alternator belt probably requres you to loosen the fixing bolt, pry on the alternator away from the motor to tension, and tightening the fixing bolt at the same time.