Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Happiest day of my life

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Happiest day of my life

Happiest day of my life, well maybe second. I got my new motor to run.!! Now if I can just get it to accelerate. Some of you may know that I have been rebuilding a 20r/22r with LCEs bottom end parts. There stuff is amazing good quality and grate customer support. It is bored 30 over with a 20r head and intake with a 22r carb. I screwed up and but the bearing caps on the wrong rods. I don’t know how or why it happened but I didn’t do any damage so I got it figured out and today is the first day it has ran in 6 months. Wow what a grate feeling, something you built actually runs. Now I just need to tune the carb so it doesn’t die when I open the throttle?? Sorry for the long post just kind of happy. :bounce2: Watch out the slayer lives. I will try to get pics soon.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:39 AM

I'm sorry, but are you trying to start a fad with spelling the word "great" as "grate" in every thread? Or are you trying to insinuate that you've never encountered the word "great" in any of your readings?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:52 PM

maybe he is just meaning grate as in to reduce to fragments, shreds, or powder by rubbing against an abrasive surface.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ColImport
maybe he is just meaning grate as in to reduce to fragments, shreds, or powder by rubbing against an abrasive surface.
Ya!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good quality and grate customer support
i doubt its short for anything
Old 01-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

Hey guys we aren't POR or any other rip-them-a-new-one type forum. There's no need to dog on this guy for spelling. I'm willing to say that 80% of the people that post in this forum have consistent misspellings in their posts.

This being the 4th reply I can already see spelling and grammatical errors in other replies...
The guy is jazzed about his truck - let's give him some support. He's not in here trashing anyone's attitude or truck...
Old 01-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man! I'm happy for you! I love that feeling when you build something yourself and it actually works!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:29 PM

Talking

lol you guys make me laugh ya my spellin aint so good and i have dislexia(sp) so nothing sems right to me anyways. you should se me type 3 steps forward 2 back. the funny part is that i do try to sprouse(sp) it up here. oh well
Old 01-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
Hey guys we aren't POR or any other rip-them-a-new-one type forum. There's no need to dog on this guy for spelling. I'm willing to say that 80% of the people that post in this forum have consistent misspellings in their posts.

This being the 4th reply I can already see spelling and grammatical errors in other replies...
The guy is jazzed about his truck - let's give him some support. He's not in here trashing anyone's attitude or truck...
Ditto.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Banned

i also have dyslexia... i can spell very well actually... but when i type, my fingers move slower than my brain, so stuff constantly gets goofed up.... like i have a bunch of words that have the space before the end of the word and the rest of the word having an extra letter in front of it....
Old 01-26-2005, 05:00 PM

There's a difference between constantly misspelling a basic word and a typo. The first scenario is not good, and an online anonymous forum is a great place to receive commentary. I'd want to hear about my misspelling in this context, rather than to hear it from coworkers, or other more formal situations where it can even come back in a negative way.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributing Member

Neil congrats on your truck, but are you sure its the carb, sounds like it may possibly be timing to but im not to sure cause im not there, but good luck it always takes a week or 2 to work out the bugs of a new engine or swap.....Don't let a few dumb *%&$#@ on here get to ya, I think theres a few on here that just log on to either Cratique people or make fun,,,,,cause there life sucks so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a forum to help people in anyway possible in any kind of situation
Old 01-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4RUNR
There's a difference between constantly misspelling a basic word and a typo. The first scenario is not good, and an online anonymous forum is a great place to receive commentary. I'd want to hear about my misspelling in this context, rather than to hear it from coworkers, or other more formal situations where it can even come back in a negative way.
I think you have a valid point - it is, however, one thing to point out an error over PMs vs. pointing it out in a public forum for everyone else to read.

Kind of like whispering in the person's ear vs. shouting across the room "hey, your fly is open!"
Old 01-26-2005, 05:46 PM

Well after all this is a yota enthusiast's forum and not an english spelling forum....so lets get back to truck wrenching talk...Neil I wish I could build an engine as you did. My spelling is not that good either....But I would love to have the technical skill to re-build an engine rather than spelling
Old 01-26-2005, 06:19 PM

Post thanks

Hay thanks all. I don’t mind my spelling errs as my work and live style is such that it doesn’t affect it much. I do construction and don’t spell at all there and if you don’t like me for who I am then I don’t care. I use Microsoft word a lot but not all the time.

Back to subject, I couldn’t get it to do ant thing but idle and it kind of wants to studer there but not really. I changed a lot on the truck and that makes it kind of hard to find the fault. It is a 22r block with a 20r head. The block is bored 30 over and the head is a stock 20r with stock cam. It has a 20r intake and a 22r carb cut down to basic vacuums. I was reading and thinking that if the valve lash is quite a bit off could that not want to let it rev up. It never can get enough new air/fuel in, and old air out. I got the timing right on and took the carb apart a few times and even got the block off plate out for the mixture screw. That didn’t do a lot?? I got it to idle relatively smooth and I idled around the yard in double low for a while. Wow nice. Dose anybody know how to set these carbs up for the highbred motor?? Or just trial and err.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:47 PM

hey man congrats on your truck, and dont let the guys dogin on ya for not spelling things right get in your brain man, they dont know you. Id be willing to bet your actually a pretty smart guy.

hey , at least your got your motor to run right?!

good job man,

wade
Old 01-26-2005, 08:56 PM

Talking

4runr I didn’t take what you said the wrong way and I will try to use WORD more often.

Jimabena I also have a reading and writing disability with dyslexia, yes I was that kid that went to those special classes. I don’t care I have a good sense of three dimensions and strong grasp of the physical world. I’m not afraid to take anything apart and put it back together.

Colimport you never will know how without trying, I called LCE a lot and they were good with help. Just take a few apart and you will see what makes them tic, clunk and go boom??

Wade don’t worry I wont lose any sleep over the feedback I get. And I do like to think that I am smart maybe not what the majority knows. But I was grate at chemistry and physics. In high school I took 6 years of science 2 were AP classes but failed or barley passed English, history and civics classes. Just cant think that way??
Old 01-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by neil_P_smith
i have dislexia(sp) so nothing sems right to me anyways.
That's me too. I don't usually get ripped a new one too bad though.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:22 AM

If you guys are interested in the spelling in your posts check out this free add-on for Internet Explorer.

iespell
Old 01-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by neil_P_smith
4runr I didn’t take what you said the wrong way and I will try to use WORD more often.

Jimabena I also have a reading and writing disability with dyslexia, yes I was that kid that went to those special classes. I don’t care I have a good sense of three dimensions and strong grasp of the physical world. I’m not afraid to take anything apart and put it back together.

Colimport you never will know how without trying, I called LCE a lot and they were good with help. Just take a few apart and you will see what makes them tic, clunk and go boom??

Wade don’t worry I wont lose any sleep over the feedback I get. And I do like to think that I am smart maybe not what the majority knows. But I was grate at chemistry and physics. In high school I took 6 years of science 2 were AP classes but failed or barley passed English, history and civics classes. Just cant think that way??
Neil,

Great job getting the engine running - If your like me - I could care less about some smart ass trying to correct me - they can kiss my ass !

That being said - welcome to the group and again great job on the engine.
If the timing is set and the engine idles fine - then it has to be a fuel delivery problem - that's where I would start. GRATE Job man !

Quick Reply: Happiest day of my life