Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Grrrrreetings!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Grrrrreetings!

Hey all....Just dropping by, Jason from Burtman Industries sent me the link to the forum, I have some pics of my Runner, will scan them soon, in the meantime...Nice community you guys have going on here, the wealth of information on 4 Runners I have found on the net is very expansive but this forum has to be one of the most active and best places for mod and maitenence info I have found so far!!

I bought my Runner about 6 months ago around January, So far Ive installed a bug deflector and a mesh pedal set, Ive done a custom install with my alpine v-12 5 channel amp on the back of the rear seat, Installed the 2000 model Panasonic Double Din Cd Deck, The VR Series JL Audio component set with dual crossovers in the front, and have yet to upgrade the rear speakers, Clear corner lenses and bumper lenses are in the mail from Burtman Ind. and will be installed ASAP.

Future Mods are too numerous to list :rolleyes:

One question for butnut, I took a look at your 4 Runner (Very nice btw) How did you get that brushed aluminum look for your dash and console sets?? That would match my pedals and Deck to a tee.

- Jarrett
Old 06-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Hello Jarrett, and welcome to the forum here.
BTW, I like the username you picked

Looking forward to your pics once you get them scanned.
Sounds like mod fever has hit you and is in a progressive state.
Once bitten by the mod bug, it is very hard to stop.

Even when you think you are near done with your mods, something else pops up in your mind you that you may have seen on the forums, and you just gotta do it too.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!

Post those pictures, hehe.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:52 PM

Welcome Man,
Sounds like the maddness is starting.
Lookin' forward to some pics.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:39 PM

Greetings dude! It is nice of you to be here. Have fun here, the people here are awesome! Enjoy and post pics as soon as you have them! :beaver:

-Ryan
Old 06-11-2002, 05:02 AM

Jarrett

Welcome to the forum. I don't remember butnuts dash, but I believe on the sport model Toyota puts the silver surround on the center of the dash and on the console. If that's what he has you can get them through the dealer or one of the internet Toyota parts places. Someone may also have updated to wood and have the silver. Ask Jason, he may have a suggestion.

Pete
Old 06-11-2002, 09:20 AM

Excellent insight Pete!
Appreciate it.

- J
Old 06-11-2002, 09:48 AM

Cool

Howzit Jarrett. Thanks for da comps. I used Hi-temp aluminum spray paint straight from the rattle can. It has a low sheen which I like...similar to the Toyota stuff Pete mentions, but not so goldish . I show how to do the gauge surround in a
Tech Article Mark is setting up...look for it soon. I'm pretty careful, but it is paint and can scratch (the upper and lower console stuff) but so is the Toyota stuff too. Post them pics and welcome aboard!
butnut
Old 06-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahh, I thought you got those silver pieces from Toyota butnut.

I forgot that you painted them yourself. Then you added one of my synth carbon kits in. It did turn out great I must say.

Old 06-11-2002, 10:15 AM

High Temp Aluminum Spray Paint eh, Suppose I can find it at my local handyman store? Any particular brand or specs? Or will any high temp aluminum rattle bottle work?

Also butnut, Do you like the feel of that razor shifter? (That is a razor shifter correct? ) Where is the O/D button located? Would you reccomend one? What is the capital of thailand? What is the average air speed of an unladen swallow? How many blondes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

-J
Old 06-11-2002, 10:38 AM

Smile

Originally posted by NerfHerder-97SR5-
High Temp Aluminum Spray Paint eh, Suppose I can find it at my local handyman store? Any particular brand or specs? Or will any high temp aluminum rattle bottle work?

Also butnut, Do you like the feel of that razor shifter? (That is a razor shifter correct? ) Where is the O/D button located? Would you reccomend one? What is the capital of thailand? What is the average air speed of an unladen swallow? How many blondes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

-J
Uhhhh...Bangkok, 17.5 knotts and 5 blondes... hehe
Any brand of High temp should work. Use a light dusting motion as silver tends to bubble if shot too heavy.
The shifter is Levoc...Razo is the other brand. It's from Japan, it's real carbon fiber and chrome. Feel's real nice and OD has a solid click feel I like...it's on the left side for EZ thumb operation. About a 100 bucks and worth every penny. Let me know if you have any more questions...I got answers for 'em all.
butnut
Old 06-13-2002, 10:56 PM

You can count on it.