YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Which fuse can I tap into that works on ACC (for stereo)

I want to get my stereo to work when the key is in accessory, the guy who wired the stereo before me didn't do me any favors, he cut the harnesses and ran his own wires...not a problem, except that I have NO idea what he was thinking when he ran them!!! It didn't matter at first, but I want to get tunes when in ACC mode...I can run a wire to anything in the car, what should I tap into for this? It needs to be a 15 amp or larger fuse for this to work. Better yet, what is the color of the acc fuse, or can I run it directly from a harness somewhere? I know there aren't too many 1st gens on here, but could someone at least tell me where to LOOK for the acc wire? I checked my chiltons but I couldn't find anything specific enough. I will post what I did find in a few minutes.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

OLD: '90 4Runner SR5 auto v6 150k
NEW: '85 long bed xtra cab 5spd 22R 200k
NEW NEW: '89 Ford Taurus SHO, 137k Miles, 650 miles after I got it : water pump takes a shizzle, now I'm knee deep in a front maintainence from hell. Even broken it's faster than the 4Runner
Los Gatos? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
Threadstarter [OP]

Okay, went through my Hanes manual, it wasn't exactly the same as the Chilton's, but that seemed to help. With the help of a test light, I found a wire that gets power in IGN and ACC so we're golden. I think.

OLD: '90 4Runner SR5 auto v6 150k
NEW: '85 long bed xtra cab 5spd 22R 200k
NEW NEW: '89 Ford Taurus SHO, 137k Miles, 650 miles after I got it : water pump takes a shizzle, now I'm knee deep in a front maintainence from hell. Even broken it's faster than the 4Runner
Los Gatos? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:51 AM   #3
Contributing Member

this might solve your problem, useually on the back of your head unit there is a switch that says ACC or NO ACC and you switch it to whatever side if your ignition has an ACC on it or not. My switch is on ACC and my radio is on in ACC.
hope this helps
Old 04-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #4

hey bro---

look right off the key cylinder-- there are 5 wires coming from it... you can tap into the black/yellow--that works off of ACC, and it is a 10guage wire, so current wont be a problem. unless you have a pullout deck from 1990, there wont be any switches for constant or acc wiring on it. connect the yellow from the deck to constant and the red to the black/yellow on the ign harness.

good luck

tim
Duffdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:58 PM   #5

Log Gatos,

Look at my write up on the Valentine 1 in my sig. You'll see a clear picture in the write up of the wire DuffDog is talking about. As you will see, I followed his advice with good results.

Bob
Bob_98SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1990, 4runner, 91, 99, acc, doess, ford, fuse, radio, run, stereo, tap, taurus, toyota, wire, works