Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Funny (Scary) Thing Happened

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny (Scary) Thing Happened

I left my rear window opened after loading some sodas, oil, and a few other things from shopping today. Parked on the street in front of my in-laws with the window down the hole afternoon.

When we came out to go home, I realized the window was still opened. I was worried to death. I checked everything to see if anything was missing. Apparently, they have reached in, and stole 3 out of 4 my sodas. They left the oil and everything else.

I guess it was some kids that got nosey once they realized my window was opened. Saw the sodas that were in reach, and stole them.

Well, good news is nothing else got jacked. They could've done so much more damage. Gotta keep my mind straight from now on.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, you're pretty lucky they were just in it for the free soda. They could've easily just jacked up the interior if they wanted to. Count your blessings
Old 05-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by timber725
I left my rear window opened after loading some sodas, oil, and a few other things from shopping today. Parked on the street in front of my in-laws with the window down the hole afternoon.

When we came out to go home, I realized the window was still opened. I was worried to death. I checked everything to see if anything was missing. Apparently, they have reached in, and stole 3 out of 4 my sodas. They left the oil and everything else.

I guess it was some kids that got nosey once they realized my window was opened. Saw the sodas that were in reach, and stole them.

Well, good news is nothing else got jacked. They could've done so much more damage. Gotta keep my mind straight from now on.
Get an alarm with an auto-rollup feature to prevent that from happening.
Glad nothing else happened tho!
Old 05-24-2004, 04:29 AM

On/off topic, has to do with kids messing with the 4runner

I live in an apartment complex and the kids below are ˟˟˟˟˟s. I like kids but these kids are wild hellians. I would guess around the ages 5 & 6. Well I usually park in the corner of the lot where nobody usually goes so my 4runner is safe. Today I got home and parked in my carport spot being I was going to work on a few fabs on the 4runner. I knew they were playing and these kids are so wild that they run up on top of there moms chevy celebrity, thorw balls, toys, rocks, sticks you name it. They scare me when it comes to my rigs safety. I live on the 2nd floor so I couldnt look out to easily see my runner so i opened the window to listen in as i checked YT. I heard them throwing a big bouncy ball on the carport roof and kept looking out everytime it was closer to my window.

Went out once telling them to not throw the ball at my window to my room. They said ok and went back to playing. five mins later I here the ball bounce on the carport roof then the sound of it hitting my bugshield. I was mad, but recognizing there just kids I sternly said "hey, you guys dont touch my truck" and they jetted. there mom needs to teach them some manners. She just lets them screw off with no rules. then theres her and the neighbors next door to her. The rants go on and on.

LoL, woo I feel better, thanks for letting me get that off my shoulder.

Ben
Old 05-24-2004, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
there mom needs to teach them some manners. She just lets them screw off with no rules. then theres her and the neighbors next door to her.
Parents like them just don't care. Parents like that should be fixed! There are incentives for us to fix our pets. Why don't the government give monetary incentives for fixing people!

Even though China removed their law about having more than one child, most chinese are not having more than one child. The government makes it simply TOO expensive for anyone but the richest people to afford more than one child. Sounds unfair, but it keeps the population down.

For us we need to keep DUMB folks from procreation! They don't deserve it!!! They end up raising helligans like BigBadBlue's neighbors.

(I know I'll be flamed.)

Last edited by timber725; 05-24-2004 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:47 AM

Timber, Nice you got off pretty easy. It's always good to learn when the experience is not too painful.

Blue, I feel for you. Apartment living can be an experience. Too many ignorant people in the world, and in an Apartment the odds are higher that you'll live by some. Sorry man. By the way, the odds are even higher in Wenatchee...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 AM

I am happy that nothing worse happened. Just funny that they took 3/4 sodas!

BTW, there is a soda (Coke, Squirt, Dr.Pepper, etc) sale at Target. I think it was 2.49 for a 12pack.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by timber725
I am happy that nothing worse happened. Just funny that they took 3/4 sodas!

BTW, there is a soda (Coke, Squirt, Dr.Pepper, etc) sale at Target. I think it was 2.49 for a 12pack.

if you lived in flint, michigan, like myself , your truck woulda been gone. guarenteed. (one of my buddies trucks got stolen in broad daylight while he went back inside to pee). i can't wait till i graduate college and get outta this ghetto craphole.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:07 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i wont bore you all with the hundreds of car related tales i have experienced while living in college ghettos around boston.

however, i will share the following: my friend's girlfriend never drives her jeep grand cherokee over to his place for fear it will be vandalized, hit or whatever else can happen on his horrible street. the one time she did it (this was a few weeks ago) was the same night that 3 college kids from boston univ (im an alum!) decided itd be fun to walk down that particular street and vandalize i think it was 9 cars.

they broke mirrors, kicked off wheel covers, kicked in doors, broke headlights, etc. they were caught in the act thankfully by the police who were called by an angry resident.

she came out the next morning to find her cherokee all messed up... and the kids got an attorney. the d.a. says even if they are convicted, they may not even have to pay for the damages. they are apparently pleading innocent.

ridiculous.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by bbkoz
Timber, Nice you got off pretty easy. It's always good to learn when the experience is not too painful.

Blue, I feel for you. Apartment living can be an experience. Too many ignorant people in the world, and in an Apartment the odds are higher that you'll live by some. Sorry man. By the way, the odds are even higher in Wenatchee...
You live here, or been here? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

Regarding the kids Blue, you have to lay down the law.
When I first moved in here my neighbors kids would ride their bikes around my truck (like, actually AROUND the truck). They couldn't ride worth a damn and were all wobbly and whatnot. Scared the crap out of me.

I told them nicely to stay off the driveway. Didn't work. Tried again. Nothing. So being the nice guy I am, next time I saw them I barged out of the house, stormed right up to them and in my deepest voice said some things I probably shouldn't have.

Haven't seen them since
Old 05-24-2004, 03:37 PM

I assume that you haven't seen them ever since they burned down your truck.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

Oh the joys of aparment living!!!

My neighbor kids have actually, on several times fallen off of their freakin Razor scooter and onto my truck. I get SSOOOOOOO FREAKIN MAD!!! Went to tell the parents and got "come on, they're just kids"! COME ON, that's MY KID they fell on! Mind you these are the same kids that pulled the fire alarm not once, but twice yesterday...GRR..

I've learned to keep things locked up, and out of sight...anything visible can be jacked in no time.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:15 AM

Pbaab

Pay backs are a biznatch! I just got off work and its now 5:11 am. I pulled in my driveway and parked at 4:55 am. My neighbor was already getting ready for work and putting oil in his Toyota Cresida. I spoke normally as if it were 12 noon "hey bud you need any help" from my end of the drive and near the loud kids and careless mothers windows. Then we got to talkin about how my 4runner was clicking while backing into my parking spot. I explained normally talking somewhat loud that it was the locker and how it works. I felt good talking loud, I hope I woke them up. they normally dont get up until 5:30 am so HA welcome to the land of pay backs ˟˟˟˟ers.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

You rebel you
Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
apartment livin' no mo!

me and the misses finally got our own place. we moved into a townhouse that only shares one wall. all the neighbors in my complex (that i've met so far) are super cool, professional types.

our last apartment was good though EXCEPT for the freak that lived under us. he is a middle aged, hippy/earthy liberal type (we've talked politics once) who walks around his apartment "au natural". he leaves his blinds semi-open so if hes walking around, you can see his old, saggy grossness.

one time my buddy (sheriff) came over to my place to shoot the breeze. freaky liberal earthy guy stands up and closes the blinds---but not before displaying his unit in the process! my friend came up and said "what the F is up w/ your nudie neighbor?!?" i nearly lost it.

anyways, i'll take your screaming neighborhood kid hooligans over nudie nature boy anyday. at least kids will listen most of the time. can't tell a grown man to cover his bits and pieces.

bob
Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
all the neighbors in my complex (that i've met so far) are super cool, professional types.
same here in my current digs. i basically upgraded from ghetto college apts to an area with an old folks home, a couple parks, a pond etc... so a more pleasant neighborhood atmosphere.

and im actually paying LESS now. go figure
Old 05-25-2004, 12:15 PM

My younger brother's car has been broken in twice. They stole his $600 music systems eventhough he parked his car in the driveway. My brother had to install the camera and since then haven't seen them back yet!...but one day though.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:18 PM
lee
Contributing Member

the day that camera fails or runs out of tape, they will return