Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Found in dumping grounds!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found in dumping grounds!

This is getting out of hand!! last weekend I went to find my bolts and found a stolen truck! Today I went back with a magnet to scour some more! I was looking in the trees for my hood and fenders and ran across a newer toyota truck probably 95-98,license plate # is 00519-w. I called 911, met with peirce co sheriff,but they dont have a key to the gate,they will be recovering this rig tomorrow.[I hope it will be safe tonight!]truck is at victor falls, does anyone know anyone with this truck!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:44 PM

Lemme get this straight...... someone is stealing Toyotas, driving them to the same area and stripping/abandoning them, and they have'nt been caught yet?
They dont sound the brightest car thieves.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotta times people buy cars and loose their jobs or shiz happens and the payments can't be made and it's just easier to get rid of the car, after 30 days the insurance pays out and the owners are in the clear.

Some of the woods up here in Jersey have tons of abandoned cars they pull them out weekly, amazing thing is to drive where these cars are you need a truck with 4wheel drive and I've seen Camaros, TransAms and BMW in these areas, when it rains their are small streams that cars can't make it through so whoever got these cars in their was talented just this summer my friend pulled out a Brand new Escalade, Navigator and H2, all with less than 5k on them and all reported stolen out of a mall parking lot only 2 or 3 months before and the keys where in them plates where on them everything, Im surprised the inbreeds where not driving them but they don't venture that deep into the woods.

I've seen cars sit for weeks in parking lots and the things never move, eventually when the cops come they turn up as a stolen car.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:48 PM

let me set you straight, Yes they are. this is on a clear cut logging road with a gate. they are taking these trucks into this place on a 4x4 trail barely wide enough to fit a quad on. they dont care how smashed up they get!! but if you dont beleive me come out and meet me and I will take you by the hand and show you!!!
Originally posted by 1Runner
Lemme get this straight...... someone is stealing Toyotas, driving them to the same area and stripping/abandoning them, and they have'nt been caught yet?
They dont sound the brightest car thieves.

Last edited by Johnny v; 10-05-2003 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:13 PM

I dont think these people,including myself, wanted their truck stolen and then stripped!this place is hard to get into, except on the main logging road, then they take em 4x4 and thrash them!then they stripp em! like mine was! this is a big thing here,4000 miles from where you are! i]Originally posted by EDGE [/i]
Lotta times people buy cars and loose their jobs or shiz happens and the payments can't be made and it's just easier to get rid of the car, after 30 days the insurance pays out and the owners are in the clear.

Some of the woods up here in Jersey have tons of abandoned cars they pull them out weekly, amazing thing is to drive where these cars are you need a truck with 4wheel drive and I've seen Camaros, TransAms and BMW in these areas, when it rains their are small streams that cars can't make it through so whoever got these cars in their was talented just this summer my friend pulled out a Brand new Escalade, Navigator and H2, all with less than 5k on them and all reported stolen out of a mall parking lot only 2 or 3 months before and the keys where in them plates where on them everything, Im surprised the inbreeds where not driving them but they don't venture that deep into the woods.

I've seen cars sit for weeks in parking lots and the things never move, eventually when the cops come they turn up as a stolen car.
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-05-2003, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Johnny v
they only tow out or in certain cases drive out vehicles with any good parts the insurance company can turn around and sell, their are many and I mean many cars that are stripped and left, you name it the parts are gone, looks like a burial site.

It is nerve racking to know people are out looking to steal the type of vehicle you drive but you can't make yourself crazy over it.

I might live 4000 miles away from you but I also live in area where cars are stolen all the time, just a few months ago their was a container ship in Newark that had 200 4x4, 54 of them where 4Runners.

Sucks but it happens, how much can you really care if someone elses car or a type of car you like is stolen or they reck it joy riding in it does it really matter how it makes it through the night so what, really who cares, people die every day, they have life changing experiences, cars are so little compared to anything
Old 10-06-2003, 04:40 AM

Good find.. Thieves should die for stealing Yota's!

However, I wouldn't have called 911 because I found a stolen car/truck. You could have just called the non-emergency line and gotten the LEO's out there.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Found in dumping grounds!

Originally posted by Johnny v
I called 911, met with peirce co sheriff,but they dont have a key to the gate,they will be recovering this rig tomorrow
Was this a life threatening situation/injury? Why did you call 911?

Somebody who really needed 911 was put off by your search for junk.

911 is FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES, not to recover a rusted bucket. Be smart next time.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Before you guys bust his chops too much, you should know that some agencies out here have been running a campaign to encourage people to call 911 "any time you need police, fire or aid". The ads specifically cite examples similar to his and instruct people to call 911 rather than chase down "non-emergency" numbers.

Perhaps it's a regional thing, but your flames are off target.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

And if you've read any of Johnny's previous posts about this you would also know that he reported seeing guys/thieves out there with shotguns so maybe it was life threatening since these theives could show up at any minute and start blasting away if they find someone on their strip lot.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:48 AM

Ummmmm.... I wasnt bashing anyone, except maybe law enforcement where Johnny V is. My point was, with 2 4x4's found in the same area in a 2 week period....... hell, sounds to me like it'd be sort of easy to catch these guys.

Johnny V, sorry you got upset by my post. I dont really understand WHY you got upset, but......
Old 10-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by WATRD

Perhaps it's a regional thing, but your flames are off target.
No flames, just trying to keep 911 from getting gridlocked with non-life threatening calls. If this guy wants to risk his life by continuing to go back to the crime scene for a '85 hood and bolts(?) have at it. Personally, a $1000 or less, vehicle is not worth my life and I hope his. There is alot of whacky tobaccy grown up there too, so if you stumble into a growers patch, common sense tells you to leave quietly and DON'T GO BACK!

Last edited by Sac State; 10-06-2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by 1Runner
Ummmmm.... I wasnt bashing anyone, except maybe law enforcement where Johnny V is. My point was, with 2 4x4's found in the same area in a 2 week period....... hell, sounds to me like it'd be sort of easy to catch these guys.

Johnny V, sorry you got upset by my post. I dont really understand WHY you got upset, but......
I agree.. He seems a little short fused or something. I wasn't trying to flame anyone either. I'm just trying to figure out why he would call 911 over finding an abandoned vehicle in the woods. Heck, I would've assumed someone was hunting, camping, or something else before calling 911.... Some people just overreact. I wouldn't worry about it...

Justin
Old 10-06-2003, 01:35 PM

Johnny,

I am curious what the response from the local P.D. was. I would think with multiple cars being dumped there, they would setup a sting operation, especially since you had your truck taken there, I would think that would give them a boost in the right direction.

Have they done any research into whatsoever or are they giving you the run around? Especially since you have that picture that you found.

Guys like this need to be stopped, not just for stealing toyotas, the manufacturer doesn't matter, he's taking other people's property. You guys saying it doesn't matter much, how you would you feel walking out of walmart or wherever you are and having the spot where you parked your truck be empty? I know I'd want answers right away, and if I found out it could have been prevented, metaphorical heads would roll.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe law enforcement is having a hard time setting up? Private property or terrain that's not equipment friendly?

It would be worthless to set up there without adequate support.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:33 PM

Maybe they can get some help from the Canadian mounties up there. They're used to the hillsides. I agree, it would be difficult to set up the sting, but even setting up a camera to first catch him, and maybe get a description of the suspect, or his car. He's gotta get out of there somehow.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Plays_with_Toys
You guys saying it doesn't matter much, how you would you feel walking out of walmart or wherever you are and having the spot where you parked your truck be empty? I know I'd want answers right away, and if I found out it could have been prevented, metaphorical heads would roll.
One simple phone call will solve my problem. 1-800-State Farm. It's why you have insurance. It's not worth losing your life over chasing down a cartel who stole your $1,000 vehicle.

Last edited by Sac State; 10-07-2003 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Contributing Member

Johnny was correct to call 911.
I just moved from the area that this is happening. There is hundreds of acres of bike trails.
This area is just outside city limits. If you need any police service you need to call 911 and the dispatcher will determin if the local city police should respond or the local sheriff.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:19 AM

Hello to all, yes i went to the bonney lake pd they told me to call 911, I met with the sheriff that day! I am getting the run around from these detectives,[peirce co] so I went over their head to the state patrol.at least they have an interest!!!! 911 is the only way to get someone to this area on a sunday! you think they would set up a sting. there is only so much I can do! I guess maybe I should go to the news??? No hard feelings guys!!!! I am just trying to stop this from happening to someone else!!! later!!johnny!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Hey there Johnny.
One thing that you might consider is calling the news paper.
I'm sure if the local police find out that there is a reporter doing a story on stolen vehicles and the local police is sitting on there thumbs then the bee's nest might get buzzin'

This happened to my grandfather over in Gig Harbor. He builds small working light houses that you put in your yard. The one he had in his yard was stolen. The local police did nothing.
My aunt called the Tacoma News Tribune and they ran a big story about it with my grandfathers picture.
Right after that paper came out he had the police department calling him wanting info on the theft:pat:

Quick Reply: Found in dumping grounds!