Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

First mod...hmmm

Old 10-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First mod...hmmm

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to this forum....not to mention a relatively new owner of a 1999 prerunner with a S/C V6 Anyway, I was wondering what would be a good first mod for me to look into for my truck. Preferably something that would go good with the supercharger. I should also mention that, as for mechanical knowledge, I leave much to be desired...so any input would be great. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the deckplate, ISR and elbow removal, which will really open up the air flow.

Chris
Old 10-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DON'T do the deckplate or elbow removal with a SC. Your engine may start to ping if you do. Get an Amsoil Filter and change your oil, ATF, and diff fluids to Amsoil. You can go 15k miles or more on the amsoil engine oil as long as you use a high quality filter. The ATF and Diff fluids will last longer too. You will probally even get a LITTLE better gas mileage as well as giving your engine and drivetrain maximum protection. Best of all, you can do it all yourself with a couple of wrenches and a little time in the driveway. Overall, it would set you back about $150 total and you truck will love you for it.

Search this Thread