Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

FINALLY...pics of my ride!! (LCD, LIFT, ETC!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FINALLY...pics of my ride!! (LCD, LIFT, ETC!!)

Old 04-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

geez..looking good man. i wish i had a lcd screen or two in my car. very nice rig
Old 04-06-2003, 01:31 PM

now a little info

My rig is a 1998....65,000 miles.

I remedied my hood scoop envy early on with a little trip down to the local stealer. It was not cheap, but finally I got my hood scoop. The dual exhaust is a custom job I had done at a local shop....the sound is AWESOME.

My audio/visual set-up I feel really sets my rig apart. I bought all the componets piece meal, then spent the next month fiddling and perfecting. I did all the install myself, and it works great. You can see the DVD player mounted directly beneath the CD player. MY next job is putting the PS/2 in.

I don't know if you can tell, but the rig also has the OME medium duty coils and comfort shocks all around....I got quite a bit of lift in the rear, not so much up front.

The sweet little boat behind my rig is my pride and joy, I love the water.

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:31 PM

Wow, that's a very nice rig!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:34 PM

oh ya

thanks to Jason Burtman for the clear corners up front and the mesh pedals......
Old 04-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

with your dual exhaust , do you have your spare underneath too?. how did they route the pipes?
Old 04-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Re: now a little info

Originally posted by Yochdog
I remedied my hood scoop envy early on with a little trip down to the local stealer. It was not cheap, but finally I got my hood scoop. The dual exhaust is a custom job I had done at a local shop....the sound is AWESOME.
what kind of mufflers? are both exits functional (other than asthetically functional ) ?

I don't know if you can tell, but the rig also has the OME medium duty coils and comfort shocks all around....I got quite a bit of lift in the rear, not so much up front.
what size tires? get a spacer!

The sweet little boat behind my rig is my pride and joy, I love the water.
cheers to that!
Old 04-06-2003, 03:15 PM

answers

The exhaust is completely functional.....like I said, it was a custom job by some local boys. They routed it around the spare and used the chrome tips. They said it definately will flow more freely, much like a cat-back. The tone is amazing, and in the winter the double vapor trail looks mean.

I know I need to get spacers....I am running 265's
Old 04-06-2003, 03:28 PM

That does look very very nice. I like the color alot and the exhaust rules. I do see the tools that you carry in the trunk. Do you hack around alot? That reminds me, I have to put mine in my trunk as well. :fireman:
Old 04-06-2003, 05:26 PM

Nice ride & accessories. I still wish mine was a '98.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

Nice rigs man! I love em both! Do you ski or wakeboard? I work at a small bed and breakfast that specializes in watersports. We have two Supras (ski boats) and a 26ft PowerToon (Pontoon boat) with a 7.4L 454 in it We are also sponsered by Colleny so we have all the new F1 Skis and 4 CWB Wake boards. Its great fun working out there, my boss's son was the 92 state champion water skier in NC, so he has been teaching me and i'm starting to get really good at slalom. I love what you have done to the exterior of your truck. Thats my favorite brush guard out for our trucks (smittybuilt right?) But I want to get a winch so I think i'm going to go badlands or TJM. Can't wait for my OMEs!! Good job on the monitor setup, doesn't it feel 489387349879 times better when you install it your self?? But one question...? Why didn't you just get a monitor that goes in the extra single din slot and waited for the PS2 for the DvD player?
Old 04-06-2003, 06:38 PM

Arrow Me likes!

Me Likes! Me Likes! I'm thinking about eliminating my hood scoop envy as well. I'm negociating with a guy in Maryland now about it, and hopefully I can get it for cheap. Do you have any clue as to how much of a dent it puts in your wallet to get a hood painted to OEM color and standards? So is your muffler stock, only with two exit points? Lookin' good! I want to see a pic of you dropping off the boat with your rear tires in the water!

Zach
Old 04-07-2003, 05:45 AM

more answers....

The reason I did not get the in dash LCD screen that flips up is cost. For the price of one in dash screen....I got three standalones and the DVD player. I thought that was a better deal. I slalom non stop in the summer.....I compete quite a bit. My best is 32 off.

I found a shop in SPokane that painted my hood EXACTLY (mad props) OEM color for 300 bucks. I was really impressed. I am drop dead serious when I say you CANNOT tell a difference at all. I metallic is perfect, and it looks incredible when waxed. Total, I figured the remedy cost 700 dollars for all the parts, paint and install. I traded 700 dollars to cure my envy.....smart? you decide!!

My exhaust system is new from the catalytic converter on back. They replaced everything from that point to the rear. I will try to get under there and see exactly where is goes and such. Both pipes flow and sound a deep menacing growl....pretty sweet.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:51 AM

Re: now a little info

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS!!!
I'll bite. What the hell do you need with a PS/2 in your truck? Is this a blinger status symbol and I am not up with the times? I get by without a PS/2 in my house, I can't imagine needing one in my truck. Although I don't have a DVD player either, or screens for that matter...
Old 04-07-2003, 06:45 AM

Have you gotten pulled over for the lcd in front? Because I've heard ppl getting tickets for the flip-up ones with the deck.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet ride!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What the hell do you need with a PS/2 in your truck?
Yochdog, I'm gonna answer this one.

I have a buddy w/ 2 kids. They take very long car trips to their cabin up in Tahoe. Before the "bling bling" DVD and PS2 in the back, he says it was a quite a battle keeping the kids entertained (and quiet). Now w/ the DVD and PS2, the kids are much more cooperative and that allows him to focus---on driving.

They allow the kids to use it 1/2 the way up the drive. The other 1/2 they talk and have "family time".

It sounds like a pretty good investment to me.

Bob
Old 04-07-2003, 09:27 AM

Re: more answers....

[B]The reason I did not get the in dash LCD screen that flips up is cost. For the price of one in dash screen....I got three standalones and the DVD player. I thought that was a better deal.
Where did you find the screens and DVD player for that price?
Old 04-07-2003, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Car Toys, Detroit MI...$300 gets you a DVD player and a 6 inch screen installed Not near detroit? Find a "gheto" car stereo shop. They will probably carry the little name brand stuff. 1/2 price of BestBuy's stuff. Or just look on ebay. LCD's are damn cheap nowadays.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:08 PM

Screens and PS/2

Ya, the other member nailed it on the head. I have 5 nieces and nephews, and believe me.....it is amazing how behaved they are when watching Star wars. It is a great tool for long trips.

Beyond that, when I take road trips with buddies, it is nice to have the ability to burn through the hours.

I have never gotten a ticket since the front screen is removable and is stashed away 90% of the time.

Quick Reply: FINALLY...pics of my ride!! (LCD, LIFT, ETC!!)