Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

a few quick pics from this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few quick pics from this weekend

Here are a few quick pics after my lift got installed. its a 2.5 inch cornfed spacer set up front and back with some new bilsteins. I did the lift here in Connecticut and the drove up to Maine for a few days. the pics are outside my buddy's house in Maine. I put 305/70/16 procomp mud terrains on her cause they were buy 3 get one free from a place here in town. I got them balanced using equal and i'm not totally sold on it just yet. I still have to get a tie rod end replaced and if the vibration doesn't stop there, i will definately run it back to the tire place and see what the deal is. I also have a 1" 4Crawler body lift that i havent put in yet. The rims are Mickey Thompson Classic II's, 16x8 with 3 5/8" backspacing. They don't rub at all now that i got rid of some extra material in the front bumper area.

We tried to hit up some trails up there but the snow was real wet and deep so as soon as it got packed down, it turned to ice and it was a get stuck fest.

Overall, i'm pretty happy with the ride. Not too loud on the highway with the MT's, it was a 5 1/2 hour ride to Bangor. Pretty smooth over most bumps, but the roads up there were pretty crappy, some were just straight mud. I still have to order up the pan hard drop bar and then i think i'll be good to go for a while. Let me know what you guys think.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 PM
lee
Contributing Member

awesome!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:02 PM

dude, i live like an hour from bangor.. normally. couple hours away right now, near SUGARLOAF/USA. too bad i didnt know u were comin up woulda been nice to go wheelin
Old 03-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Shot nice lookin ride buddy...also gotta love maine blueberrys for breakfast, lobster for dinner
Old 03-25-2005, 10:12 AM

Thanks guys, i love the ride now even more than before if thats possible. Rowan, now i know you're up there. I'm definately going back up there this summer when the all the snow won't be there. I'll definately get in touch with ya and we'll head out on some trails.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:15 AM
lee
Contributing Member

where are the trails up there?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:30 AM

we were on my buddy's girlfriend's parents farm. they were some old skidder trails that were somewhere on the land. the snow was knee deep and wet so as soon as it packed down, we had no traction cause it turned to ice. after getting stuck and unstuck and stuck again for an hour, we bailed and played around in some of the fields on his quads.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:01 PM

ok sounds good dude.

trails? what trails? i dont know any legal places. i run on some powerlines and some other random places...
Old 03-29-2005, 08:19 PM

The only reason it was legal for us to go where we went was because we were on a farm that was owned by my buddy's girlfriend's family. The road we took over to where the one trail we were on only had houses on it that the family owns and lives in. There is a ton of land on the farm itself and there were signs all over that said no trespassing, but they knew we were gonna be out there and they didn't care. It was only one trail that we were on and we didn't even get that far down it cause the snow was so deep we kept getting stuck. I'm not sure how many other trails are out there that we could get down. there are a ton of snowmobile trails around that area that go thru the farms land. We'll exlpore some more trails on the farm this summer when were not getting stuck in the snow if there are even any more on the land.

But rowan, i'll find out more this summer and i'll definately get in touch with you if it turns out there are some other places we can go.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:48 AM

Drew, looks awesome! How about a level pic from the side so I can see how it sits now?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:59 AM

Nice looking rig.

Originally Posted by calg3
How about a level pic from the side so I can see how it sits now?
I'd like to see that too. I've been thinking about some new wheels for my ride, and really like the MT Classic II's.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:49 PM

Thanks guys. it does sit a bit higher now in the rear, but its still noticeable to me. We put the new bil's in that day we took the pics i posted in the beginning of the thread. Its already dark here now and i'm leaving for a few days, so i'll get the pics up at the beginning of next week. I also need to replace the drivers side tie rod end at the beginning of next week and bring it back to get realigned. Hopefully the shake i get on the highway will be gone after the tie rod end. If not, i'm gonna have to go back to the tire place. They put in equal to balance them so we'll see how it goes.

I was a little weary of putting the rims on cause of how shiney they are. I was hoping to get something in a grayish color. But now that they're on, i love em.

Last edited by shotking4; 03-30-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

Snow flexing, very common Toy owner pastime!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

Nice ride! I went to school in New Britain. Let me know if you find any legal wheelin spots in CT.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rowan
dude, i live like an hour from bangor.. normally. couple hours away right now, near SUGARLOAF/USA. too bad i didnt know u were comin up woulda been nice to go wheelin

rowan have you heard of the East (maybe west?) Kingfield road? I have heard itis some good off-road/logging road type driving...ever driven it?

Do you know Brian Leblanc? lives in Kingfield and drives a lifted Bronco
Old 03-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

Shotking - dig the ride

now you need to order a new TJM bumper!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:05 AM

TStango, where in CT do you live now? Where did you go to school cause i coach over at CCSU now?

GoodwinAustin, thanks man. You must have read my mind. I was goin to order up a new bumper in the next two weeks, but i took a huge hit on taxes and now i'll have to wait til this summer for the bumper.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by GodwinAustin
rowan have you heard of the East (maybe west?) Kingfield road? I have heard itis some good off-road/logging road type driving...ever driven it?

Do you know Brian Leblanc? lives in Kingfield and drives a lifted Bronco
no i havnt, but i live in kingfield so i should try to find it. im only here for a couple more weeks, just rented this place for the winter.

nope, dont know him. dont remember seeing any lifted bronco's either.

got any idea how i could find that road?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by shotking4
TStango, where in CT do you live now? Where did you go to school cause i coach over at CCSU now?
Nice! I went to CCSU. Right now I'm living in Watertown which is north of Waterbury.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:43 PM

Nice. Thats not too far, bout a half hour if that. Let me know if you ever go wheeling or are looking for a wrenching buddy. I'll do the same.

Quick Reply: a few quick pics from this weekend