Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Don't think I want to post up mods anymore....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't think I want to post up mods anymore....

After reading all of the attacks on Fo sheezy and his HID setup. I dont think I want to post up any pictures or write ups of any mods I will be doing. I think its rediculous that people act that way towards other people in here. I can understand people having strong opinions on the whole HID matter or any other matter. Everyone is talking about unsafe this and illegal that. Well I garuntee most everyone here has some sort of illegal mod whether it be tires too wide, no mud flaps or removing smog components. Any mod can be unsafe as well. If someone decides to straight axle their rig and use poor workmanship, isn't that just as unsafe? No one talks about anything else that can be unsafe or illegal so why bash the HID users? If you dont like them, express you don't like them or don't post and leave the member alone. There are plenty of things I see and hear that people do on here but im not gonna go off on them because of that. I'm all for helping someone do something to their rig or giving them advise about how to fix something, and most of the yotatech community is really good about that but the rest of the percentage that feels the need to hate on you for something they dont like or wouldnt do makes me not want to show people what I have done and how to do it. I expect to get flamed for this posting, but I thought everyone here needed a small dose of reality. I just hope that we as a forum group can learn and understand that we are all different, like different things, and all do the same kind of project differently. Can we all try??
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i agree with you dude i totally agree
Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lights are the one thing that is not a personal preference. Everyone gets to enjoy those stray lumens! It is illegal because it is supremely dangerous. Ask yourself when you would most want to NOT blind oncoming traffic! It is an imposition on others-- ie. NOT a personal choice. Not a matter of personal freedom of expression.
BTW. You should probably look into testosterone therapy. I am just sayin'.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree that there is some pot calling the kettle black in that many mods are illegal.

However, the HID's are unsafe for other drivers. Plain and simple. I agree 100% that a poorly done SAS is even MORE unsafe. I would hope that ANYONE would jump on someone for doing a SAS unsafely. I certainly would.

Posting a mod invites praise, but also criticism. For the most part, it is constructive, just not in this case. The guy isn't going to change his truck, and i would HOPE his feelings aren't hurt. I'm sorry yours are.

It was certainly not my intention to make someone feel bad. I tried to convey that in my posts. But I absolutely HATE those things, and if my posts in that thread sway even ONE newbie to NOT put those pieces of garbage on their vehicles, then those posts served a purpose. Even if it makes someone stop and think for a moment, then they have.

That is the point of this site. To help people with mods that are good, and warn them away from mods that are bad.

Anyway, sucks you won't be posting anything.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Toytech: I dont like your Wheels. Or tires. THey are far too unsafe.

Take them off and give them to me. Or I'll taunt you a second time!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Isnt it supremely dangerous when that big fancy tire of yours or some other non stock item comes loose from your car and is an imposition on someone else too?? All i'm saying is that there is a chance of any part of our rigs impeding on someone else so why single out a certain group of people here? We could ALL be at fault for something
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Contributing Member

Improper blinding lights is different than most of our other "illegal" mods. Improper/illegal lighting reflects (no pun intended) on everybody you would encounter on the road unlike larger tires or illegal tint.

I didn't however have anything to do with any HID comments on fo Sheezy since I don't have enough knowledge of them to form an opinion but I do make comments if somebody asks for them.

Last edited by X-AWDriver; 02-13-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
I agree that there is some pot calling the kettle black in that many mods are illegal.

However, the HID's are unsafe for other drivers. Plain and simple. I agree 100% that a poorly done SAS is even MORE unsafe. I would hope that ANYONE would jump on someone for doing a SAS unsafely. I certainly would.

Posting a mod invites praise, but also criticism. For the most part, it is constructive, just not in this case. The guy isn't going to change his truck, and i would HOPE his feelings aren't hurt. I'm sorry yours are.

It was certainly not my intention to make someone feel bad. I tried to convey that in my posts. But I absolutely HATE those things, and if my posts in that thread sway even ONE newbie to NOT put those pieces of garbage on their vehicles, then those posts served a purpose. Even if it makes someone stop and think for a moment, then they have.

That is the point of this site. To help people with mods that are good, and warn them away from mods that are bad.

Anyway, sucks you won't be posting anything.

I just feel that alot of people go over board bashing someone. I can totally understand trying to tell others how you feel something is unsafe and thats ok. I think personal attacks are uncalled for
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree too. Opinions are just that, opinions. Everybody has one; most are best kept to yourself. But there's no reason to be rude. Especially if you cannot spell or articulate your thoughts in the English language. I've seen allot of truly unsafe mods or add-ons over the years, even posted here, but we should be helping others improve there rides, not telling them they're stupid. Be constructive, not destructive.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by toytech76
Isnt it supremely dangerous when that big fancy tire of yours or some other non stock item comes loose from your car and is an imposition on someone else too?? All i'm saying is that there is a chance of any part of our rigs impeding on someone else so why single out a certain group of people here? We could ALL be at fault for something
Sure it is. my "big fancy tire" hasn't EVER come off, and a stock tire could come off too. easily. So could any other part of the car.

Those things happen. It is part of the risk of driving. It isn't likely, but it can happen.

HID'S BLIND EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE THAT DRIVES IN FRONT OF THEM OR OPPOSITE THEM

How are those two things remotely the same?

Last edited by AxleIke; 02-13-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

I just feel that alot of people go over board bashing someone. I can totally understand trying to tell others how you feel something is unsafe and thats ok. I think personal attacks are uncalled for
I agree with that completely. I'm not calling for personal attacks. I tried to make that very clear in my posts. Nothing against the guy, but everything against the mod.

Lord knows its not the only mod I speak out against.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Ive seen alot of HID cars. My vision sucks ass and I'm sensitive to bright light like during the winter months. whether the car is HID or not effects me the same. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Sure it is. my "big fancy tire" hasn't EVER come off, and a stock tire could come off too. easily. So could any other part of the car.

Those things happen. It is part of the risk of driving. It isn't likely, but it can happen.

HID'S BLIND EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE THAT DRIVES IN FRONT OF THEM OR OPPOSITE THEM

How are those two things remotely the same?
And thats YOUR opinion! Honestly any time I drive in the dark I cant pick out cars with factory HID or conversions. I have almost been hit by crap flying out of someones bed more times than being 'blinded' by HID's
Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 PM

People that dont have HID lighting bitch about until they have it... Grow up and stop being jealous and Better then thou'....
Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM

And thats YOUR opinion! Honestly any time I drive in the dark I cant pick out cars with factory HID or conversions. I have almost been hit by crap flying out of someones bed more times than being 'blinded' by HID's
x2.... same here. i HAVE been hit by something flying out of someones bed... how do you think i got my stereo?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

EXACTLY. MY opinion. Because HIDs affect MY life. They blind me, and thats what is important to ME.

As I said in the other thread, I have been writing letters and gather support to make stiffer penalties in CO for these lights. Its going pretty well so far.

YOUR opinion is that they are fine. Cool. I disagree. I don't believe we are required to agree on this site. I'm not sure why you feel I shouldn't express my opinion, within the rules of the site.

Last edited by AxleIke; 02-13-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm more worried about poorly done lifts and bigger tires with no brake upgrades. Everytime I see a crapy done job I think of my daughter in a crosswalk and someone not being able to stop or turn in time. That's what worries and scares me. Spend the money and time to do any mod correctly.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Johnnyanger54
People that dont have HID lighting bitch about until they have it... Grow up and stop being jealous and Better then thou'....
After you.
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
x2.... same here. i HAVE been hit by something flying out of someones bed... how do you think i got my stereo?
Hehehe...

EXACTLY. MY opinion. Because HIDs affect MY life. They blind me, and thats what is important to ME.

As I said in the other thread, I have been writing letters and gather support to make stiffer penalties in CO for these lights. Its going pretty well so far.

YOUR opinion is that they are fine. Cool. I disagree. I don't believe we are required to agree on this site.
i dont agree with anything except the last sentence, but hey, this IS a forum, where everyone is welcome to express their opinion, isnt it? or has yotatech turned into the new ussr? if so im gettin the hell out! haha

Quick Reply: Don't think I want to post up mods anymore....