Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Doetsch-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doetsch-Tech

A little info for anybody interested in Doetsch-Tech Coil-Overs.

http://www.hunt4steve.com/Off-Road/9...Limited_DT.htm
:mad:
Old 12-09-2002, 06:55 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear of your issues!!

If ever you are in the market for SAWs, please let me know, I offer Sway-A-Ways to YotaTech members for $615.00 plus shipping. Best of luck!

Regards,

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

OH MAN

Had I known, I would have purchased them from you.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear bout your problems, Steve.

I hope it gets resolved...
Old 12-09-2002, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Re: OH MAN

Originally posted by SteveO
Had I known, I would have purchased them from you.
No harm, hopefully Doetsch-Tech will take care of you!!!

Regards,

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. That's a major bummer!!

Keep us posted as to what happens. The only consolation that I can offer is that it is probably a good thing that they failed so quickly, so that there is no disputing the issue, rather than a slow collapse over a time period long enough to cloud the issues of use/abuse and warranty period.

Best of luck!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully they will straighten this mess out. This is not the first time that I have heard somebody recommend 750ppi coils for Doetsch-Tech when it comes to 4Runners ... it seems rather strange because the Sway-A-Way uses a 650ppi Coil and I have never heard of this collapsing issue with SAW's, which leaves me to believe that the coils Doetsch-Tech uses are sub-standard and they need to change their manufacturer.

Please let us know how the 750ppi coils go!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member

latest info

Just an informational FYI, I just got off the phone with Mario, again. He stated he would express-ship me out another set of 750lb coils, and if the orginal coils show up, to refuse the order. Mario thinks UPS lost the original coils. He also stated that Doetsch-Tech is not computerized, meaning there is only two computers where Mario works. When I asked for the tracking number, he stated he had to go across the building to get it. And then I never heard back from him. After another call was placed to him, he stated that they are not networked, and that there is only a couple of computers in the place. I dunno, I'll let you all know when and If I get the coils.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about that. I would ask for my money back and then run to Mike at xtremeoff-road.com and order the SAW's. Get them Tundra valved and you will have some of the best coil overs for the money. Mike is also great to work with.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

Mike,

How will the Sway-A-Ways affect the ride quality on the road and highway? Do you get any lift from them, and if so, how do I make it match in the rear with the leaf springs?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2002, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Actually I find the road/off-road quality superb! I really do not know what else to say except for I love them! Now I have never run the OME setup, however, a lot of people love those as well!

The SAWs are adjustable up to 3" of lift, which is beneficial if you choose to run a winch/bull bar.

Anyhow, please let me know if you have any other questions!!

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Well I'm not Mike, but i can help you out a little bit. The Sway A Way coiloves are built beautifully. They can adjust from 0" to 3" of lift over stock. On road they ride fine. You can get them valved differently for comfort. You can get them tacoma valved (softer valving) or you can get them valved for the Tundra (stiffer valving). I got the Tundra valving and it rides fine. Getting Tundra valving will allow you to add a tjm or arb bumper and a winch without the front end sagging to much and riding rougher because of the extra weight. If you don't have a lot of weight up front you may want to go with the Tacoma valving. I don't have any weight up front right now and the Tundra valving isn't bads at all, I'm not sure if you would be able to tell much difference between the two without any weight up front. About matching them to your rear; they should match up the exact same as the Doetsch Techs did ( I mean they are both coilovers and theoretically do the same thing). They are fully adjustable and Sway A Way sends you a free spanner wrench to adjust them when you buy them. For the money I haven't see anything out there that even compares to Sway A Way's craftmanship and reliability. They are awsome for the Toyota's. sorry such a long post hope this helps. E-mail Mike he is ver willing to help and answer any questions. Good luck
Old 12-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Origially posted by XtremeOff-Road:
Actually I find the road/off-road quality superb! I really do not know what else to say except for I love them! Now I have never run the OME setup, however, a lot of people love those as well!
Dangit Mike you beat me to this one. Oh well I guess you do sell them so it is your job. JK We must have been typing at the exact same time.:pat: Oh well
Old 12-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Jonathan
Dangit Mike you beat me to this one. Oh well I guess you do sell them so it is your job. JK We must have been typing at the exact same time.:pat: Oh well
LOL actually your post was better

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, if I run the front at an extra 3 inches of lift, how do I raise the back of the truck 3 inches to match? I know this sounds silly but I really want to know what is involved before I go and start lifting the truck.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

A lot of my customers are using the OME greasable shackles and OME leaf springs. Another route you could take could be to get the Downey rear add-a-leafs, they are significantly cheaper that buying new leaf packs. As far as shocks are concerned, you could use the OME91S in back, or the Bilstein 5100's which a lot of people use. Does that answer your questions??

Let me know :^)

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Yes it does, thanks Mike. Now I understand it. I just need to figure out how to pay for it. How long will that deal on the coil-overs be going on?
Old 12-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by tomus1000
Yes it does, thanks Mike. Now I understand it. I just need to figure out how to pay for it. How long will that deal on the coil-overs be going on?
As long as you stay a member in good standing of Yotatech, TTORA, or 4x4 Wire
Old 12-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

Cool, thanks, I belong to all three...
Old 12-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

LOL then you should have no problems

Have a great one!

Quick Reply: Doetsch-Tech